[Ren'Py] Teacher's Pets (new version 1.632 available free for all)

igg

Grabbed the latest public version and played through it.  Looking good, though I did run across a couple of bugs.  First, with the daughter shower romance check being lowered to 80, the narrator line about cheating to get >200 romance should probably be removed.  Second, I ended up getting the event with Anne on a Friday.  For whatever reason this caused me to not get paid for that week.

As an additional note, it kinda feels like stat gains are kinda off at the moment.  In relation to the Anne scene, for instance, you can choose to keep going seemingly as many times as you want, with a romance bump each time.  Similarly you can bump the daughter's romance over 100 with the mind control pill scene (so the 200 point mark was presumably achievable without cheating).  I assume things will change with this as additional content becomes available, but it does feel strange right now.

• 2 weeks later...

@IGG

Was really surprised when I heard Cassidy Byars ' Concrete Beat as the menu soundtrack, cause that's one of the Cadences I play in my college Drumline so that was pretty sweet. Other than that awesome game. Keep it up!

Thanks! I shamelessly ripped off the idea to use drumline music from the HBO show Vice Principals, then googled "free drumline music" and went through about 20 tracks before picking out that one.  :)

New version 1.52 is now available for $20 patrons. In 4 days it will be released to $10 patrons. 3 days after that it will be available to everyone for free. If you have no ability or desire to become a patron I'd suggest waiting for 1.5 to go free rather than checking out 1.43.

1.5 is easily the largest update yet, featuring nearly 100 new renders, more ambitious scenes, and much more dialogue than any previous update. 

Partial change log since 1.43:

bug fix type stuff
  • the narrator no longer accuses you of cheating for triggering the shower scene
  • fixed daughter movie night crash
  • when chatting with Anne, mentioning Meghan now correctly checks Meghan's affection
  • fixed bug causing a crash when leaving drug dealers apartment late night
  • Many, many typo fixes and minor dialogue changes
minor-ish stuff
  • Weekly pay has been doubled. Money and points with the girls are something I'm going to continue to tweak most likely.
  • "mc pill" should not only trigger the romance option but also increase romance + 5, corruption +1, depravity +1 each time it is used
  • Boutique now a visitable location after a certain event is completed
  • daughter now gains +1 depravity (up to 5) for changing into a skirt while going commando
  • if Kaitlyn's depravity is lower than 10 she gains +1 depravity each time you sell her booze
  • you can now attempt to initiate non-MC sex with your wife (good luck)
  • added new icons for gaining/losing romance points
  • past day 30 wifey no longer requires a condom, animation reflects this
  • Renders added for drug-free path (i.e. fighting with the dealer)
  • Several original renders have been retouched. Eventually many of these will be rerendered
  • unavailable choices are now more descriptive
major-ish stuff/new scenes
  • Your daughter is in trouble! you and your wife pay a visit to the principal's office
  • Meghan needs a ride to scope out a local college. You down?
  • Your daughter has become more receptive to sharing the shower
  • Toilet paper roll in the bathroom now faces in the proper direction

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions the best way to contact me is via Discord or my Patreon page, though I will try to keep tabs on this thread as well.

1.54 is now available for $10 patrons. Changes since 1.52:

• You can no longer be immediately bounced to the living room when attempting to visit daughter in her room if she's upset
  •  Daughter now reacts appropriately if you try to chat with her when she's mad at you
  •  Daughter will now sleep in the nude if her corruption is high enough (4 new renders)
  •  tweaked several renders
  • +1 is now added to every romance bonus.
  •  player depravity now decays -1 every day.
  •  added multiple renders to the meg college event to make it play smoother
  •  added several new choices(mostly allowing you to be an a-hole) to the meg college event
  •  daughter actually goes to he room and locks the door on movie night if you walk in on her(previously I just expelled her from the house)
  •  daughter now has a different quote if you visit her room after pissing her off (but not enough to lock you out)
  •  daughter no longer complains about you drinking in her room if she is asleep
  •  wife is nicer to you in certain instances if your romance is high
  •  you can now pick up meg late for the college trip. you'll get a reminder if you pass to morning from early morning
  •  dialogue changes in meg event to reflect lateness
  •  lots of typo fixes and minor dialogue changes
  •  added windows icon
  • 2 weeks later...

Great game so far.  Hopefully we will be able to have sex with all the girls in the game :):shy:

small note

during Movie night (the 18th)

The Narrator says

emma gets up and heads toward the kitchen.

rather than whatever you put in as your daughters name.

Also having difficulty finding the meghan college line.   I can MC her in the class room but only so far.

and I'm assuming that's how you get achievments 19 or 20 if not both,  those are the onl.y ones I'm missing. out of the current 22.

Meghan college intro stuff seemed to break if you MC her on the initial few classroom visits.  It also seemed to require farming the classroom scene after that a lot to trigger the college visit scene.

Thanks,  I was having trouble trying to figure out how to get there I will give it a try :)

yep a few times of no MC then back to using them once is just a day of conversation.    Day 25 she says its this saturday

got achievment 19 and 20.

the daughter in trouble is just getting to see your wife brow beat the poor principle/dean.   kind of funny the first time.  happened the day before movie night for me.

Yesterday I tried the game. I liked the idea, the game was nice at first but then it became a pure grind. Was skiping days just to get to the payday so I can buy pills, beer, etc, to do 1-2 things and then wait a few more days. I am not saying its a bad game but you have to do some things again and again to progress a bit further IN THE SAME,hm time period?. For example with Meghan or whatever, the jacket girl, I went through the same dialog and scenes 3 times in row while every time I was proceeding 1-2 or 3 steps further. Its the same with the daughter. I am not saying its a bad game, I liked it but I think it would be better if it was going with a "flow" rather than grind. If you achieved some "level" with certain character, there should be screen/dialog acknowledging that the character "remembers" this progress. Its great immersion breaker for example Meghan to read the same poster for me 3 days in row. 

Maybe I played wrong but I couldn't find the flow with progressing straight without doing the same thing twice (excluding buying drugs and items from the markets ofc).

I wonder if something is off with the "initiate non-MC sex with wife" event, since, based on your change log, it seems it is supposed to be difficult, but I managed to do it after 3 MC attempts (the initial unsuccessful one, plus two successful).  Also, even though she asked for a condom, it still went to the sex even though I didn't have one.

@yami_bakura

You can also get money from Kaitlyn if you go into the girls locker room enough times and drink beer in front of her till she tells you that she'll pay you money if you buy and bring her beer.

I noticed during movie night that when the daughter gets up to go to the kitchen the narrator calls her Emma instead of the name you gave her.

Well on day 30 I meet the daughter at the door stating that there is a meeting at the school I have never MC'ed meghan and she hasn't said anything.

It seems if you get Meghan's corruption up to 15 she comes into class with her news. I also laughed from the look on her face when he grabbed her hand.

I notice with the Meghan quest when you go and pick her up right away she says that you are late and instead of the player saying it's 8:01 is the narrator saying it's 8:01 instead of the player saying it. There are also a few purple screens are those intentional or are those just like that till they get rendered screens?

I didn't MC the wife till after day 30 saved money on condoms.  :D But it seems if you do anything with the wife you'll lose a heart spot with the daughter during the bathroom scene. I might go back to the older save before doing anything with the wife just to be able to keep getting hearts from the daughter in that scene.

• 2 weeks later...
Teacher's Pets 1.61 is now available for $20 patrons. This update adds nearly 1/3 to the word count and 3 new animations (2 of which are interactive).

A maybe mostly complete but also at times somewhat ambiguous change log: 

Major

• Sara is in the midst of a heated election? Will you help her?
  • Lots of Kaitlyn blackmail material is now in the game. How much will you take advantage of it?
  • Tensions with the daughter are boiling over. What are you going to do about it?
Not Quite Major, Not Quite Minor

• There's a new girl at school, Zoe. She's the girl from the boutique. I've redesigned her and retconned it so she's a different girl than the first girl you meet on D's shopping trip.
  • Boutique visits are now changed accordingly.
  • There are no immediate plans any romance or MC paths with Zoe, but she was necessary to populate the school.
  • "Chat" has been overhauled to play a larger roll in the game. many new chat subjects, including ones that can affect relationships significantly and may even lead to additional events.
  • Lots of changes to existing events resulting in new dialogue choices/options/interactions.
  • Multiple new minor events have been added to the game.
  • You're now free to lounge around your house in your underwear if you please. New action in the bedroom allows you to dress. This could lead to new and unexpected interactions.
  • Toilet can now be fixed permanently, finally ending the eternal cockblock.
  • The new ePhone is coming to TP. Guess who wants one?
Minor/Balance

• You can now lose romance points even if romance is not triggered with a girl.
  • Opportunity for romance points with girls greatly increased if you choose to turn down the drug dealer.
  • If you get drunk at school you now sober up before getting home.
  • You can now only drink once per day in the girls locker room.
  • Meg's lunch chats are now independent from which visit she is on, they progress sequentially regardless of when you trigger them.
  • You now must agree to help Meg with her college application in lunch chat before the college even can be triggered(may not apply to older saves)
Bug Fixes

• Typo fixes, as always.
  • Fixed bug where "movie night" pills only increased control by 1.
  • Fixed a bug where subsequent boutique visits would still result in shoe talk.
  • If wife was out of the house before toilet is fixed in daughter MC scene, she will now return to the house before yelling at you.
  • Fixed depravity check in Daughter changing scene

You can find out more on my Patreon page. If you'd have any questions, comments, or suggestions the best way to contact me is through Patreon or Discord, though I'll try to check in on this thread as well. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the update when you get a chance to play it.

Teacher's Pets 1.631 is not available on my Patreon page for $10 patrons. Changes from 1.61:

• Lots of new renders.  
  • Fixed several lawn mowing related issues.
  • You can no longer give your daughter the phone if she's asleep
  • You can no longer ask Kaitlyn for a vote before meeting Sara in the library.
  • Certain dialogue choices with Kaitlyn no longer fall through to Meg dialogue.
  • Fixed several other minor dialogue issues.
  • Fixed crash when entering garage on the day you are to take Meghan to college
  • Fixed dialogue with meg when you arrive late
  • Meg requesting college trip now only require 70 romance
  • Fixed dialogue in one of D's chats
  • Fixed bug with toilet fix not saving
  • Fixed bug where you could still drink multiple times in the girls locker room if using an older save
  • Fixed typos

Teacher's Pets version 1.632 is now available from my Patreon page free for all. Change log:

• 1.5x saves may work now?
  • "Get a better view" of Daughter is now a (subtle) animation in a small preview of what's to come
  • Don't try to drink while this animation is going on or you will bug out the game, i'll fix in next update
  • Blackmail BJ now requires photo or actual presence at BJ attempt
  • Minor dialogue fixes
  • 1 month later...

So if anyone's wondering where to download this, as it's not on Patreon because of Patreon bullshit, it's over here:

I had a link here, but apparently, we're not allowed to post links to sites that do pirating even with the permission of the dev of the software we're linking to. It's the first result if you google "teacher's pet".

And I did get permission from the dev before posting this. See the picture.

Capture.PNG

Archived