CTD near Falkreath/Moss Mother Cavern

Upon going near the area of Moss Mother Cavern, my game crashed. At first I thought it was because of a fight at a border gate (modded), but that doesn't seem to be the issue. Walking around that border and later visiting it went just fine, the game didn't crash, so I went into the Moss Mother Cavern. The quest with Valdr inside it is completed, but now my game crashes again upon exiting the cave.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

I'm using Mod Organizer, FNIS, TES5Edit, Wrye Bash and Bodyslide. Cleaning the save game didn't help.

I've attached my load order using LOOT, my Mod Organizer plugin list and 4 papyrus files (Papyrus logs.rar).

Load order (LOOT).txt

plugins.txt

Papyrus logs.rar

I was rather interested in this though it's probably something different.

On rare occasions I've noticed a small area will cause a CTD when entered into, however trying it using an earlier save doesn't. I've also noticed (again very rarely) if you skirt round the area and carry on, if you go back later it then works perfectly.

I don't think it's the same but obviously connected some way. Is it possible for a mod to dynamically affect a navmesh or reference in some way.

It happens so rarely I tend to ignore it but I am intrigued as to what the cause might be.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the OP's question just extend it

I was rather interested in this though it's probably something different.

On rare occasions I've noticed a small area will cause a CTD when entered into, however trying it using an earlier save doesn't. I've also noticed (again very rarely) if you skirt round the area and carry on, if you go back later it then works perfectly.

I don't think it's the same but obviously connected some way. Is it possible for a mod to dynamically affect a navmesh or reference in some way.

It happens so rarely I tend to ignore it but I am intrigued as to what the cause might be.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the OP's question just extend it

Slorm: Thanks for extending my question, this information might be useful for other people.

MadMansGun: I already cleaned the files that LOOT mentioned as dirty, but I still used TES5Edit to "Undelete and Disable References" from all mods I have. Sadly, the game still crashes when I try to exit the cave. What else could I try to do?

I'm using Mod Organizer, FNIS, TES5Edit, Wrye Bash and Bodyslide. Cleaning the save game didn't help.

never mess with the game unless you know 100% what you are doing

it can be a decapited head somewhere near the entrance if you have nioverride dll

or an event that trigger on entering the worldspace, that spawn a broken npc or npc that wear broken armor or whatever

or something load in that cave that got so broken skyrim no longer tolerate it when it go crazy outside

it can be a decapited head somewhere near the entrance if you have nioverride dll

or an event that trigger on entering the worldspace, that spawn a broken npc or npc that wear broken armor or whatever

or something load in that cave that got so broken skyrim no longer tolerate it when it go crazy outside

Thank you Yatol, that answers my question as well and explains why you can get a CTD at a location at a certain time but not at another

Thank you Yatol, that answers my question as well and explains why you can get a CTD at a location at a certain time but not at another

Thank you yatol. After reading your answer, I thought that the mod "Minotaurs - Mihail Monsters and Animals" could be the cause for the crash because there was a Minotaur right outside of the cave. I did not try to fight it because my character isn't strong enough yet. However, it seems like I was close enough to it to trigger something broken that would make the game crash. Other users reported CTDs in the comment section of the mod as well, so I'm pretty sure it's that mod that breaks the game.

Archived