Free camera and Four Play

prinyo

I installed the shortcuts mod and I was experimenting with the free camera during FP triggered animations. 

But I get a problem if I don't exit the free camera before the animation ends. At that point the game exits the free camera mode by itself and makes the PC uncontrollable. I can still walk around, but can't attack - the mouse click does nothing. 

I was wondering if somebody has an idea how to deal with this. 

That's a new one. Usually all that happens is the player refuses to get dressed until you exit free cam.

Are you wearing anything with any scripts or anything like that? DD gear would be an example.

This problem happened in SexLab as well. The problem, if I remember correctly, it was solved by calling Game.ForceThirdPerson() during the cleanup process after sex. There was a bit more checking if it's necessary and what not, but most of that required an SKSE function or two. Just forcing back to 3rd person should work well enough until a method of detecting camera state comes along though. 

EDIT: Actually, I think forcing back to 3rd person from free cam had a few issues as well when it came to character controls, just can't remember for sure. Which is likely why I eventually added a free cam toggle function to SexLab's skse plugin that is used at the end of every player related animation. 

FO4 may function differently there though, so maybe forcing 3rd person after animation will be enough, or not work at all for you.

It is happening when the FP scene starts while in free cam mode. In my case it was triggered by Violate when several raiders were taking turns with PC.

It is easy to reproduce. Go to 4test and select a sex scene with the PC. During the 3 seconds counter switch to free cam. At the start of the scene the game will auto-switch and after the scene ends the left mouse click will do nothing.

[...]

Speaking of SexLab and camera issues, I was wondering if you have tried SL with the latest VorpX versions and if you have some ideas if the problems with DirectVR can be fixed. 

I understand that this is not a priority and there is a workaround, and this is strictly speaking offtopic in this thread, but I'm curious. As more people start playing Skyrim with VorpX this will slowly become a bigger issue. And for new users this can be a deal breaker in trying to make it work. I don't think that Ralf (the VorpX dev) will do something to fix the problems because the impact they have in the vanilla game is almost none. And he have said several times that he doesn't consider supporting mod problems. So fixing stuff will be something the modding community will have to do and right now you are our best hope :-) Just curious what do you think about all this.

Archived