Celebrity trait

Guest Redabyss

Guest Redabyss

Celebrity trait

View File

Hey everyone!
Want a new challenge for your woohooers? Want to distinguish celebrities from nobodies?
Now you can, with the Celebrity trait!
As the image implies, Celebrities gains Charisma much faster than any other Sims, has career priviledges (like being promoted faster in Athletics), but are very hard to socialize or to romance with.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/21/2017
  • Category
  • Requires

Guest Redabyss

Finally someone did it!!! Thank you so much!!! Hope you keep updating, I fell in love with the sims 3 late night and the celebrity status and all those things they were really cool, someone heard my prayers XDDDDD nice job!!

Haha well... it's not exactly the same thing as TS3, it's a very simple trait for added flavour/challenge for WickedWhims ;)

Re-creating the whole celebrity system requires a complex mod, and sadly this is just a trait. Yet, still something :)

If you want some specific improvements, just tell me!

Guest Redabyss

Made an update today. Better description (no weird "but" at the beginning of the last sentence) and more effects.

Sadly, to replace the older trait, you'll have to unequip it from the Sims you have equipped it on, save, exit, delete old file, place new, re-lanch game and re-equip it :( I know, it's tedious :/

Guest Redabyss

now we need some mod making other sims reacting at sim with that trait like on celebrity haha thx for your work

I'm happy you're happy :)

Well... if TD is interested, maybe this sort of thing could be implemented in WW? Would be very cool XD

Guest Redabyss

If you want to add the Celebrity status, yet not as a Trait, I'd strongly recommend to use this mod: http://modthesims.info/d/591706

Download the "Add via menù" mod, along with how many traits you can equip, so that you can add the Celebrity trait without having to sacrifice one of the three traits of your Sims :)

now we need some mod making other sims reacting at sim with that trait like on celebrity haha thx for your work

Well... if TD is interested, maybe this sort of thing could be implemented in WW? Would be very cool XD

Don't look at me, you seem to be capable of making your own mod just fine! :D

If you want to make reactions then look into broadcasters.

That would be very I think as celebs would be instantly desirable! Also, those that have banged a celeb could too,

Another good factor is that these Sims could...

Sell their kiss and tell stories to the newspaper for a heap of simoleans!

Earn bragging rights (mentioned in another thread by Greenlightning)

Earn a little fame/notoriety for themselves, like VIP status for exclusive celebrity events,

A woo-hoo club could be started for celebs and regular Sims could achieve access by becoming VIPs :)

Guest Redabyss

Hahahahaha well honestly I just used Zerbu's modding tool to make the trait, and it's super-easy to learn, took me 5 secs to get accostumed... adding reactions, I would have no idea were to start.

What's broadcasters? Maybe I could try something myself... dunno!

To quote you, maybe I was meant for this! Haha XD

That would be very I think as celebs would be instantly desirable! Also, those that have banged a celeb could too,

Another good factor is that these Sims could...

Sell their kiss and tell stories to the newspaper for a heap of simoleans!

Earn bragging rights (mentioned in another thread by Greenlightning)

Earn a little fame/notoriety for themselves, like VIP status for exclusive celebrity events,

A woo-hoo club could be started for celebs and regular Sims could achieve access by becoming VIPs :)

Ahhhh that would be super cool man! But likely non-doable, apart from the fact that celebrities are insta-desiderable (desire function of WW) and more noticeable.

At least this mod could give the illusion of it, I mean, you have to work HARD to bang a celeb... but it would be awesome if I could add something else. We'll see... I have ZERO experience in modding.

Hahahahaha well honestly I just used Zerbu's modding tool to make the trait, and it's super-easy to learn, took me 5 secs to get accostumed... adding reactions, I would have no idea were to start.

What's broadcasters? Maybe I could try something myself... dunno!

To quote you, maybe I was meant for this! Haha XD

You have to start somehow. Look at your mod files, use an XML formatter to make them readable and if you use 'XML Extractor for The Sims 4' you can extract all of the tuning from the game and find existing broadcasters to copy the code from. I guess it can grow into a lot of things to handle at once so that might be too much for a simple attempt like this.  :P

Guest Redabyss

Holy shitterony... well it doesn't sound TOO hard in theory. Maybe I could try... if it's just about modding XML, it shouldn't be that hard?

Anyways, I was thinking of requesting fan/celebrity sex theme-based animations, in the future, using objects like maybe the podium, or the photo boot... if anyone has some ideas, feel free to share :)

Holy shitterony... well it doesn't sound TOO hard in theory. Maybe I could try... if it's just about modding XML, it shouldn't be that hard?

Anyways, I was thinking of requesting fan/celebrity sex theme-based animations, in the future, using objects like maybe the podium, or the photo boot... if anyone has some ideas, feel free to share :)

Hey dude! I'll add it to the to-do list :)

Yes, good idea !

I think you can develop some other traits to manage special relationship with celebrity. I think about "Groupie" that want to have relation and sex with celeb, or "VIP" that can have easy relations with celeb, just like a lower level of celeb.

Perhaps the club system could help for that, creating a club of celebrity and create a club of groupies that want to have relation with celebrity.

An other question is how to recognize celeb NPC in the street ? ;)

You can do most of the stuff with XML. Only once you want to add custom interactions in the pie menu it can get complicated. XML on its own as a markup language is not in any way complex, but understanding Sims structure is a pain. I still can't do it without reference. TDESC tool for Sims 4 is helpful to learn what are the possibilities and there is a lot.

Yes, good idea !

I think you can develop some other traits to manage special relationship with celebrity. I think about "Groupie" that want to have relation and sex with celeb, or "VIP" that can have easy relations with celeb, just like a lower level of celeb.

Perhaps the club system could help for that, creating a club of celebrity and create a club of groupies that want to have relation with celebrity.

An other question is how to recognize celeb NPC in the street ? ;)

i like our idea. Maybe can utilize the group function. Like you said the see celeb in street, groupies horde around looking following. Or if player is celeb maybe like an auto mass add to group function.

Thanks for this trait. I was curious about a call girl trait. Also i was thinking would be nice if could mod the screen where you plan social event. Maybe add another category for call girl, change image according etc. Was just curious how one could go about that, if even possible. Thanks again for your work.

Reading this thread, I also had some ideas.

How about the social media stuff on the pc affecting your celebrity status?
Like, the more followers you have, the easier it is to romance or socialize with others?

Maybe sometimes ordering food or a drink at the bar is on the house because you are recognized?

And, to combine it with WW, sometimes events (similar to Job/school events) occur? Like, you want to leave a location, and a window pops up, with your waiter/bartender asking to invite you/come with you. Or, the next day appearing at your doorstep and visiting just exactly for one reason, "an autograph" ?

Just some ideas I had in mind :D

Guest Redabyss

Wow nice mod haha, as i seen the screenshot there's another new trait, do you also have that trait too? or can you share me the mod link?

Which one you're talking about? :)

Wow nice mod haha, as i seen the screenshot there's another new trait, do you also have that trait too? or can you share me the mod link?

Which one you're talking about? :)

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=574624&id=4010&full=1

i think i never seen the shy, naive, sweet etc, or maybe i don't have the latest DLC of the sims 4  :D

Archived