A curious bug/ctd

monsta88

Hi all,

I don't expect a solution for this, just want to share a strange ctd.

In my current game when I enter certain dungeons, the dungeon loads and I can move as normal. I can even fight at the starting area. 

But very shortly after the start (like 5-20 meters into the dungeon) the game just crashes. My character is level 70+ and I had this at 2 dungeons, so I can't say it is regular. At the 1st dungeon I thought it is just the usual "you can't go there for a while" bug (which crashes at once, so it is different, but I did not realized that back then).

Anyway, now I hit the 2nd dungeon where I always crash. The log didn't really show anything, usually it crashes after a bunch of "OK" and other regular mod workings.

I won't bore you with the details: the solution to avoid the crash was to add the Bashed patch to the load order, but deactivate it.

If I don't add the bashed patch: crash

If I add the bashed patch and activate it: crash.

I have no idea why this method works.

Peace,

M

Checking Load Order with Tes5Edit, can be a good idea,

1. just run Tes5Edit, and it will fail to finish if you have load order problems, and at the bottom of the output it will tell what needs to be done to fix the load order problem.

2. Many modder will tell you to turn on Logging so they can get a log file, to use to try and find your problem.

Quite often they do not remind, or tell you about the Papyrus overload this command "bEnableLogging=1" will cause, set it back to "bEnableLogging=0" after you have given them the log file. 

Just a side note about log files:: Don't be to concerned about warnings that much in log files, they mostly mean nothing. Error's yes, but even those quite often mean nothing.

The log file was set up for developers that were constantly changing things, and it was a good way for the other developers to see what someone else might have changed, and much of it is mostly useless information for any average user, and for most modders.

while you are setting things back to zero in the Skyrim.ini, under [Papyrus] Area, set all of these back to zero.

bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

these are all papyrus hog's, and will be problematic to your game play, that is why Bethesda had the good sense to set the all to Zero in the Default .ini file.

3. these are just Ideas for where you might start, looking, they may not help at all.

Archived