Remove single animation from an animation pack or SLAL pack

myrrdhin

Hi,

I was wondering whether there is an easy way to remove a single animation (or several) from an animation pack.

Would it be enough to remove the *.hkx files and modify the *.json and *.txt (remove the lines for the removed animation hkx files) and then run FNIS again?

As an example: a pack of dance animations aaa, bbb, ccc ... Could I just remove bbb.hkx and remove all lines in the json describing the bbb animation?

Reason for asking is that I kinda reached the limit of FNIS xxl and had to disable a few mods to run FNIS.

now with these mods disabled I still have 11k animations according to FNIS.

thanks,

Myrrdhin

Yes, removing the HKX files and editing the json and FNIS_xxx_list.txt is enough.

You may want to re-register the SLAL animations and SL Animations after, because there will be some bad registrations.

Thanks a lot. no need to reregister SLAL animations as this is for a new game that I wanna start.

Just building the mod list etc and will hopefully be able to start the new game on the weekend.

I was just afraid that removing the animations might have some bad consequences after maybe a few hours of playing which would be quite annoying ^^

thanks again.

The file that starts with FNIS, contains LIST, and ends with .txt is the file used to generate the behavior files.

in case you want to remove one or more animations (HKX animations) from the behavior file you need to edit it and remove the line(s) then regenerate FNISForModders, and then re-generate FNISForUsers.

If you just get rid of the file the behavior will still reference it, so it will still consume a slot (@fore can be more precise.)

• 1 year later...
On 4/19/2017 at 9:48 PM, CPU said:

The file that starts with FNIS, contains LIST, and ends with .txt is the file used to generate the behavior files.

in case you want to remove one or more animations (HKX animations) from the behavior file you need to edit it and remove the line(s) then regenerate FNISForModders, and then re-generate FNISForUsers.

If you just get rid of the file the behavior will still reference it, so it will still consume a slot (@fore can be more precise.)

Sorry for necromancy:

I am a bit confused:

Some animations seem to vanish when I remove the HKX files from:

meshes/actors/character/animations

I remove every stage and remove the line from the FNIS.txt file in the same folder.

BUT: the animations still show up in game, just T-Pose when playing. This is extremely annoying since I have to disable them all individually in SLAL and Sexlab which is time consuming :( (found no mod that does it really, lol... Quick animation Toggle seems to do nothing usefull at all)

Just wonder what I have to change to make the animation completly go away?

For example Rohzima SLal Pack: it has a HKX file in the  

folder meshes/actors/character/behaviours 

which also seems to have some info inside it. Do I have to edit that too?

Also there is a json file in SLanims folder. Again the question if editing this is required or not?

thx for all help

31 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Sorry for necromancy:

I am a bit confused:

Some animations seem to vanish when I remove the HKX files from:

meshes/actors/character/animations

I remove every stage and remove the line from the FNIS.txt file in the same folder.

BUT: the animations still show up in game, just T-Pose when playing. This is extremely annoying since I have to disable them all individually in SLAL and Sexlab which is time consuming :( (found no mod that does it really, lol... Quick animation Toggle seems to do nothing usefull at all)

Just wonder what I have to change to make the animation completly go away?

For example Rohzima SLal Pack: it has a HKX file in the  

folder meshes/actors/character/behaviours 

which also seems to have some info inside it. Do I have to edit that too?

Also there is a json file in SLanims folder. Again the question if editing this is required or not?

thx for all help

This is because the "registration" of the animation is done in a PSC file or in a Json file (depends if it is a SLAL pack or not.)

You have to remove the references of the animation also from these files.

Remember to re-register SexLab animations after you do it.

7 hours ago, CPU said:

This is because the "registration" of the animation is done in a PSC file or in a Json file (depends if it is a SLAL pack or not.)

You have to remove the references of the animation also from these files.

Remember to re-register SexLab animations after you do it.

editing the .json file too worked. Was a bit tricky to figure out what has to be deleted, but as soon as I had that... 
Now for all the others lol...

Stupid other question:

Can I savely add NEW animations from a pack to the old (modified and stripped pack?)

Like, adding the HKX files, adding the lines to the .txt and the .json file? 
Because many packs also have ESPs which I do not know how to modify and if it is necessary...

Adding the new animations to my modified collection would be easier than stripping down the new packs every time they release a new version :( 

Archived