Socks for the cold Skyrim!

Oh well, when we finish... they'll simply be equippable of course. I finished the fitting on my end, I'm checking for clipping issues and working on textures. I haven't done the fitting for girls, I'm kiiind of waiting for Setekh's for those ^^ Then I guess I'll make a package with everything. I'll upload some pics of the textures when I have them

Hi guys! Okay so, I'm absolutely lost. I've been working on the textures, trying to learn Blender, but I can't manage to switch things back into a nif with the textures... I know I'm trying to force-feed myself maybe too much information but I'm kind of stuck. I've looked at so many tutorials and well, at least let me show you what I have. 

tumblr_oor1wtNdCo1qgn2edo1_540.png

So at least that's how one of the textures is looking right now. Any tips? Maybe some advice on how to do it? I'm learning a lot but right now I'm stuck XD Good thing is once I get this I'll be able to move back and forth from nifskope, blender, bodyslide, creation kit, and so on and so on more easily. Basically I just need to learn how to make my way back into Skyrim? (From Blender)

Did you add the "BsLightingShaderProperty" with nifskope after they got exported into a nif again?

When importing/exporting from blender/3ds max it sometimes removes that node (which is used to assign textures).

Yea this !! I use 3ds so idk blender BUT

I have found it best to export it with the ni tri shape 

and Ni tri shape data  and copy and paste BSlightingshader properties from a working nif in nifskope

then re-path the texture to what you want

3ds alway make a mess of these for me at least 

Also make sure you remove material data node that sometimes get exported

All socks done, Male and female weights 0 and 100.

Male socks fitted and weighted to SOS legs and Leito's FFR feet.

Female socks fitted and weighted to UUNP default 'UNP' legs and UUNP feet.

Default slot 37. All socks checked for clipping at all weights with the above mentioned bodies.

Socks LL.7z

Awesome!! I'm working on my SoS feet fitting still, since I got kind of stuck on textures. I'll try to do what you adviced Sir Nibbles! 
Thanks for your work Setekh!! If I get it all sorted out I'll release a pack or two with different textures, for the version you made and the SoS I'm working on. I'm still checking some minor clipping on lower weights. I'll keep ya'll posted!! Thanks again for the help and advices and everything! 

• 1 year later...
On 4/21/2017 at 7:52 PM, Setekh said:

All socks done, Male and female weights 0 and 100.

Male socks fitted and weighted to SOS legs and Leito's FFR feet.

Female socks fitted and weighted to UUNP default 'UNP' legs and UUNP feet.

Default slot 37. All socks checked for clipping at all weights with the above mentioned bodies.

Socks LL.7z 2.07 MB · 127 downloads

On 4/13/2017 at 8:57 PM, prakhan said:

yea I'm familiar with the theory and concept  But i'm overly dense it seems as all my attempts via anything but bodyslide fail massively anyway

i did some hackery and loaded the bodyslide male in my other setup and hey i think it worked so there a male and female  version for each and the ground doesn't show up in game but the words are there... 

Also these aren't my meshes  i found them off the web sometime ago used them for a prop shoot  

So if someone upset about that i,ll remove them sorry don't recall where they came from

so here what i got feel free to do whatever with whatever

FAQ will it clip?, probably / will it work with XX body? probably not fitted for unp familia

slot 37 so you cant wear shoes at the same time ...unless you change the slot numbers in the nif and CK

Will i fix what ever problem ? don't hold your breath I'm working on a sailboat atm

edit almost forgot the file =(

sockdreams.zip 8.82 MB · 124 downloads

can i publish a conversion of this but for Bodytalk in Fallout 4?

Archived