Mod idea: Racial Phylogeny Research

weirdtexan

Hey everyone, I got an idea when I came across the book Racial Phylogeny in Skyrim and wanted to share it with everyone, see what y'all think and hear your suggestions. First, the text of the book:

"After much analysis of living specimens, the Council long ago determined that all "races" of elves and humans may mate with each other and bear fertile offspring. Generally the offspring bear the racial traits of the mother, though some traces of the father's race may also be present. It is less clear whether the Argonians and Khajiit are interfertile with both humans and elves. Though there have been many reports throughout the Eras of children from these unions, as well as stories of unions with daedra, there have been no well documented offspring. Khajiit differ from humans and elves not only their skeletal and dermal physiology -- the “fur” that covers their bodies -- but their metabolism and digestion as well. Argonians, like the dreugh, appear to be a semi-aquatic troglophile form of humans, though it is by no means clear whether the Argonians should be classified with dreugh, men, mer, or (in this author's opinion), certain tree-dwelling lizards in Black Marsh.

The reproductive biology of orcs is at present not well understood, and the same is true of goblins, trolls, harpies, dreugh, tsaesci, imga, various daedra and many others. Certainly, there have been cases of intercourse between these "races," generally in the nature of rape or magickal seduction, but there have been no documented cases of pregnancy. Still the interfertility of these creatures and the civilized hominids has yet to be empirically established or refuted, likely due to the deep cultural differences. Surely any normal Bosmer or Breton impregnated by an orc would keep that shame to herself, and there's no reason to suppose that an orc maiden impregnated by a human would not be likewise ostracized by her society. Regrettably, our oaths as healers keep us from forcing a coupling to satisfy our scientific knowledge. We do know, however, that the sload of Thras are hermaphrodites in their youth and later reabsorb their reproductive organs once they are old enough to move about on land. It can be safely assumed that they are not interfertile with men or mer.

One might further wonder whether the proper classification of these same “races,” to use the imprecise but useful term, should be made from the assumption of a common heritage and the differences between them have arisen from magickal experimentation, the manipulations of the so-called "Earth Bones," or from gradual changes from one generation to the next."

Racial Phylogeny entry on UESP.net

Summary: someone at the Imperial University has a dirty imagination and a lot of time to think about the results of interracial and inter-species sex!

I'm a little amazed this book hasn't been obsessed over by the site yet. In fact, it almost seems like it was written by some Bethesda staffer just to get us going, as if to say "here's something to inspire you while thinking up adult mods"! But the line that caught my attention was this:

"Regrettably, our oaths as healers keep us from forcing a coupling to satisfy our scientific knowledge"

Oaths can stop healers, but we're a board of creative, talented, determined and perverted modders. What's stopping us?!

My idea for the mod would be a rogue healer from the Imperial University/College of Winterhold has decided to discover what exactly such couplings would lead to and document them in a book, much like the Wasteland Survival Guide quest from Fallout 3. He/she/they have set up a lab in a remote area of Skyrim and recruit your character to help them document the results of all the different types of couplings, from consensual orc/khajit to non-consensual frostbite spider/nord (or hell, even frostbite spider/wolf!). The player could witness these actions out in the field or bring people and creatures and take them to the lab for the rogue healers to witness first hand, perhaps by using alteration magic to make npcs more pliable, bribing/persuading them to participate, drugging them, etc.

Not only could the mod give out xp for satisfying the player's own curiosity, but could be adapted for other sexual mods down the road: perhaps a quest to see if, as the book wondered, daedra can impregnate mer races, or if trolls can pass on STDs. The healers could even have spells and potions to assist, such as a potion that reduces a pregnancy term from a full in-game 9 months to 9 days (thus skipping the need to messily edit a pregnancy mod's source and worry about creating a game-crashing bug) or a spell to arouse creatures.

Maybe it was reading the book , getting the idea and seeing those stone beds with prison chains in them in Falmer dungeons that really got my imagination going. Either way, I think there's something to this idea. Unfortunately while I have a big imagination and the writing skill to craft dialogue for the quest and npcs involved, I have absolutely no skill at modding, and hell don't even have a PC to run Skyrim on. So, I would love to hear some feedback from the you, my fellow LoversLab members, and see if anyone likes the idea or thinks it has promise and if it could/should be made into a real, working mod!

Looking forward to y'all's feedback and thanks for reading! [gain level: speech]

I did have something along these lines in mind for an SSG sidequest. Mad wizard wants to recreate the Snow Elves in their original un-mutated form, and intended to do it by force-breeding Falmer males with other mer.

My idea doesn't work especially well with Racial Phylogeny because it pretty much requires Falmer to be the exception to the rule, so that all those poor forced elf girls give birth to Falmer, or to near-Falmer, so your proposal is probably better overall.

Though I might still do the SSG side quest, if only for the sheer nastiness of it.

hehe :D that book sounds interesting...

but as it states' date=' in most cases the children inherit most features from the mother and only a few from the father, so this could be added to the impregnation mods so the child always looks close to the mother.

[/quote']

That's a good point; would be interesting to see that idea implemented in a pregnancy mod. And by "interesting" i mean "impossible" because i'm sure to make it to where children receive graphical traits from parents without looking like hodgepodge monsters would be a nigh impossible task for any modder.

What if one of the rogue healers/whoever tries to make a potion that makes daedra/other unusual children a reality? Would be pretty cool to have troll kids or troll/elf or whatever kids running around!

Well, it is said that mixed breed children take the race of the mother, but have some traits of the father too. So, make them have the race of mother, but mix their racial abilities. As those are just spells in the CK it's easy to make a lot of them and assign them via scripts. A dunmer-khajiit could have a less effective night-eye and 25% fire resistance, for example.

It might also be possible to make the story of the mod go different ways. Are you picking up volunteers for your experiments and may gain support from the mage´s guild for the experiment or do you force the test subjects, making it easier to find people for research while risking to get busted and fight off the law?

Do you volunteer for the research, find test subjects, take over the experiments and leadership role or do you may become a subject against your will as the research group, tainted by the dark path you let them down needs a new subject?

Will people rebel in the group because you hinder the research with your ethics, or will people rebel because you ask them to do horrible things?

This might be interesting handled right. Of course handled right it would take a shitload of work and time to do. I guess the question is if there are people here who can and want to do such a project. Personally I have no programming skills so I can´t do anything but write down these ridicoules ideas.

But still, a mod that would allow you to do this thing completely ethical or as twisted as you want it to be would be amazing.

I did have something along these lines in mind for an SSG sidequest. Mad wizard wants to recreate the Snow Elves in their original un-mutated form' date=' and intended to do it by force-breeding Falmer males with other mer.

My idea doesn't work especially well with Racial Phylogeny because it pretty much requires Falmer to be the exception to the rule, so that all those poor forced elf girls give birth to Falmer, or to near-Falmer, so your proposal is probably better overall.

Though I might still do the SSG side quest, if only for the sheer nastiness of it.

[/quote']

You have the greatest ideas! :D

It might also be possible to make the story of the mod go different ways. Are you picking up volunteers for your experiments and may gain support from the mage´s guild for the experiment or do you force the test subjects' date=' making it easier to find people for research while risking to get busted and fight off the law?

[/quote']

You know, that would make a good hook for players who wanted a more consensual sort of slavery. Have a guy in Solitude high street giving out handbills:

Prostitutes Wanted for long term project!

Must be fertile and willing to carry a child to term.

Excellent remuneration plus full board and lodging.

Apply to

PC shows up for the interview which basically involves her giving up all her gear to the guard outside, then walking in naked to be questioned and groped by the research team running the project. Four or five of them, probably. No fucking but some light humilation: "how many times do you have sex in the average week? How many different partners is that? How many times would you achieve orgasm? How often do you masturbate? Would you please mount the stage and show us your technique?" Maybe finish off with a blowjob each for the interview panel.

After which she gets offered the job. Contract is for one year, renewable by agreement. PC will remain inside the research facility except as directed by project staff. She is to obey all orders without question including who to have sex with, how, when and how often. Failure to obey instructions will be subject to discipline by the research staff.

The PC's possessions will be held for her until the termination of her contract at which point they will be returned to her. Payment is 3000 gold, with a 2000 bonus if she successfully brings a child to term.

If the PC agrees, she leaves through a different door, and enters the dungeon where she will live as a sex slave for the next year.

Notes:

• A year is maybe too long depending on how we end up handling pregnancy. Better would probably be to keep her for one year, or until she delivers a child, whichever is shorter.
  • If you felt like being nasty, note that the research team said "renewal by agreement". They don't specify that the player's agreement is necessary. They might just extend the arrangement if they agreed among themselves...

You have the greatest ideas! :D

Why, thank you! :)

indeed nice and it evolves into a very delightful direction.

anyway i just found the idea is meant to be for skyrim and i only play oblivion...

would this be possible to be built for oblivion?

i mean there already are pregnancy mods and BDSM mods...

Good point! Don't see why it can't be done for Oblivion and then have lines of dialogue and branching quest paths already written when the mods become ready for Oblivion!

And DocClox, you've got some good ideas as well. I mentioned in the original pitch the idea of the rogue group keeping a secret location since their activities may not be looked upon too kindly by others, necessitating some secrecy but not outright kidnapping and rape (unless the player wants things to go that way). Still the idea of handing out flyers is pretty great; never would have thought to have the job advertised!

And Greader, I really liked your idea of having the quest intersect and affect your standing with different groups such as the Mages Guild, as well as being allowed to play it either good or evil. Brilliant idea!

Now I just need a computer that can run Skyrim, or hell even Oblivion, well, and to learn to use the CK and see if this can become a reality.

indeed nice and it evolves into a very delightful direction.

anyway i just found the idea is meant to be for skyrim and i only play oblivion...

would this be possible to be built for oblivion?

i mean there already are pregnancy mods and BDSM mods...

Good point! Don't see why it can't be done for Oblivion and then have lines of dialogue and branching quest paths already written when the mods become ready for Oblivion!

And DocClox' date=' you've got some good ideas as well. I mentioned in the original pitch the idea of the rogue group keeping a secret location since their activities may not be looked upon too kindly by others, necessitating some secrecy but not outright kidnapping and rape (unless the player wants things to go that way). Still the idea of handing out flyers is pretty great; never would have thought to have the job advertised!

And Greader, I really liked your idea of having the quest intersect and affect your standing with different groups such as the Mages Guild, as well as being allowed to play it either good or evil. Brilliant idea!

Now I just need a computer that can run Skyrim, or hell even Oblivion, well, and to learn to use the CK and see if this can become a reality.

[/quote']

XD backwards compatibility mod request first time ive ever seen one

You know' date=' that would make a good hook for players who wanted a more consensual sort of slavery. Have a guy in Solitude high street giving out handbills:

Prostitutes Wanted for long term project!

Must be fertile and willing to carry a child to term.

Excellent remuneration plus full board and lodging.

Apply to

PC shows up for the interview which basically involves her giving up all her gear to the guard outside, then walking in naked to be questioned and groped by the research team running the project. Four or five of them, probably. No fucking but some light humilation: "how many times do you have sex in the average week? How many different partners is that? How many times would you achieve orgasm? How often do you masturbate? Would you please mount the stage and show us your technique?" Maybe finish off with a blowjob each for the interview panel.

After which she gets offered the job. Contract is for one year, renewable by agreement. PC will remain inside the research facility except as directed by project staff. She is to obey all orders without question including who to have sex with, how, when and how often. Failure to obey instructions will be subject to discipline by the research staff.

The PC's possessions will be held for her until the termination of her contract at which point they will be returned to her. Payment is 3000 gold, with a 2000 bonus if she successfully brings a child to term.

If the PC agrees, she leaves through a different door, and enters the dungeon where she will live as a sex slave for the next year.

Notes:

• A year is maybe too long depending on how we end up handling pregnancy. Better would probably be to keep her for one year, or until she delivers a child, whichever is shorter.
  • If you felt like being nasty, note that the research team said "renewal by agreement". They don't specify that the player's agreement is necessary. They might just extend the arrangement if they agreed among themselves...

Actually, the way I saw it was a research team trying to do this mostly ethical with some people in the ranks wanting to do more... unethical things for either research porpuses or personal gains.

It would start it mostly professional, the PC would get an invite to a meeting as the group needs people who are traveling throughout Skyrim and would be wiling to seek out volunteers. The meeting would happen somewhere rather quiet as the group wants to avoid getting too much attention in public (I think there are some bars and such that are away from the cities) and it would involve one of the group asking the PC to help out.

the PC agrees, gets told where the group is and there the PC gets his or hers job: find people who are willing to let themselves be impregnated by somebody of another "race" for the porpuse of science. Who would be willing to, I don't know. Maybe some existing NPCs can be set to be willing while some don't want to, maybe we can also add more people who knows. As for the fucking, I guess there will be some sort of observation room that the volunteers themselves cannot look into or even see because magic.

After getting one or two candidates the player sees a scene of one scientist harassing a woman to do something that she obviously does not want to. The player gets the choice to either help her out "Come on, even I wouldn't want to do a freaking Troll" or not "We didn't invite you hear to do nothing you know".

Preceding that event it will become clearer that there is some divide in the group. At some point things escalate and the player has to choose wether he/she wants to either side with the ethical part or the twisted part of the team. That decision wil influence how the rest of the story panders out and how future candidates are found.

There might be some stuff after that. Like if the mage's guild contributes spells that they think might help in your research or if you have to go and get the spells from them by yourself (Maybe adding in that this might break that guild's quest and should be optional). Also if the team goes maverick there might be an attack by the guard.

Basically I want this thing to be done as cleanly and lawfully as possible while at the same time being able to do horrible things. I just feel like it would feel better to be evil when you always had the chance to be good, and the only reason why you are doing horrible things is because of your own choice, not because it was the only way it could go. After all, you didn't need to break into the mages guild, steal the spells you wanted and at the same time capture some more candidates that will take part in horrible experiments, but you did it anyway and it was your choice.

As for the PC's side, the player can always decide to be part of an experiment if he/she so desires, so if you just want to see your character doing a Troll, you can go ahead and do that.

Basically I want this thing to be done as cleanly and lawfully as possible while at the same time being able to do horrible things. I just feel like it would feel better to be evil when you always had the chance to be good' date=' and the only reason why you are doing horrible things is because of your own choice, not because it was the only way it could go. After all, you didn't need to break into the mages guild, steal the spells you wanted and at the same time capture some more candidates that will take part in horrible experiments, but you did it anyway and it was your choice.

As for the PC's side, the player can always decide to be part of an experiment if he/she so desires, so if you just want to see your character doing a Troll, you can go ahead and do that.

[/quote']

The first thing I thought of when i read this was "Would you kindly..."

Either way, brilliant idea to make it so the player has the choice of doing things in a good or evil way. Honestly, that should've been one of the first things I should have thought of, since so many great quests give you the choice. Thanks for that!

Archived