Hiya folks.

I've mostly managed to rebuild my modded skyrim, but i'm having a few teething troubles.

Beyond the ongoing issues with FootiK issues I'm struggling to get Arousal working the way I want it to.

The setup doesn't seem to be too intutative - it's some exponential rate controled by time if I'm reading MCM right. Is there a handy guide somewhere by any chance?

The intended effect:

Arousal levels decay naturally over time (this is what I think isn't happening correctly).

Killing things increases Arousal.

Devious Devices do their thing(*)

So that when wandering around normally I'm fine. No issues with skill progress penalties from high Arousal, no risk of getting raped. It's all good. :angel:

But after a fight or if I get covered in devious devices from Cursed Loot then I may have problems. :blush:

I think the relevant mods affecting things are:

SL arousal

Combat Arousal

The various Devious Device mods: Assets, Integration, Expansion, Cursed Loot, Equip, Captures. I don't know if any of these influence arousal directly, and i'm not not sure which ones influence Arousal through items.

Shout Like A Virgin also seems to influence arousal, but i'm not sure how.

Full mod list attached.

Can someone advise me which settings I should be experimenting with to get the desired effect?

Feel free to ask questions etc, and thanks in advance!

(*) = ie Vibrating anything increases, as do vaginal plugs. Shocking anything decreases.

modlist.txt

Shout Like a Virgin

Will indirectly influence through Virgin Devices, and Sexlab scenes

• for devices, adjust using DDi's MCM options
  • Vibration is the greatest cause of increase and comes from Anal devices when casting
  • 2 of the Virgin Anal devices will NOT cause vibration (see in their descriptions) and thus are good for mages doing lots of casting

Will directly adjust during any non-sexlab encounter (there are numerous) and when you shout

• Adjust in Virgin's MCM Arousal tab
  • Shouting can offset increased arousal by decreasing it (adjust in MCM)
  • In some cases wearing a chastity device will cause increase, and without the chastity device then the same encounter will cause decrease (I think this is also the case with DDi but not certain of specifics)

'Bondage Lover' is disabled in Cursed Loot, although I wasn't aware that it influenced arousal. It's because otherwise I can't drop Devices...and selfbondage sucks if you are carrying an inventory full of them!

i havn't dug too deep into the settings for Virgin etc, but I don't think they are the ones that are broken. There is a setting in Devious Devices itself that alters arousal rates whilst belted/plugged etc as well.

But none of them seem to give the 'natural slow decay' effect that I'm after / think I had before.

Dovakin's 'normal' state shouldn't be wanting to hump anything with a dick imo. But it being a side effect of going off on adventures and interacting with strange magics etc - that's what I'm aiming for. I just havn't worked out how to set up Arousal etc for that effect.

Nobody else quite understands how to setup Arousal itself either then? :P

Fair enough. I'll carry on poking it.

I think if I set the timerate low then the gain rate decays quickly, so the majority of changes should be from other elements/mods. That's my guess.

Sadly, without gutting my build it's hard to test from first principles.

...now to just work out why my arousal only seems to go up. I thought things like 'shocking' events were ment to reduce it? Ho hum...

Nobody else quite understands how to setup Arousal itself either then? :P

Fair enough. I'll carry on poking it.

I think if I set the timerate low then the gain rate decays quickly, so the majority of changes should be from other elements/mods. That's my guess.

Sadly, without gutting my build it's hard to test from first principles.

...now to just work out why my arousal only seems to go up. I thought things like 'shocking' events were ment to reduce it? Ho hum...

Arousal is calculated based on multiple factors, it's based on your Time Arousal, and your Exposure.  

Exposure is increased by "arousal" events (devious device events, seeing someone naked, etc).  Exposure is decreased on an orgasm, and through time (see the Decay Rate under the settings tab).  There may be other things that lower exposure, but the primary method is probably through orgasms and time.

The flip side of this is the Time Arousal.  Time Arousal is calculated based on the Time you had a last orgasm times the Time Rate.  Every time you orgasm, the Days since last orgasm resets to zero (obviously) but the Time Rate goes up by whatever you have specified.

So in order to really answer your question, you need to figure out what is causing your arousal, is it exposure, or Time Arousal?  If you got gang banged multiple times in one day and have a really large Time Rate, you're naturally going to have a larger arousal.  If you have a bunch of mods adding to your exposure, or are surrounded by naked people, your exposure is going to increase quickly.

If your time arousal starts to get really large and your arousal becomes unmanageable you can either a) lower your Decay rate (to make your exposure and time rate decrease more rapidly) or B) lower your time rate change (This means on every orgasm your time arousal will not be increased as much)

Assuming you are using the default settings, Every 2 days your Exposuer and Time Rate will be cut by 1/3.  Change your decay rate to change this.  If your Time Rate is 0, time will never lower your arousal.

I think my character's Arousal was mostly caused by increase over time, but i'm not sure.

This is it. I don't actually understand how my characters arousal should be changing over time, so I can't easily test if it is or not.

The whole thing seems to be based on odd exponential curves, and i'm not sure how it all interacts.

"Default Exposure Rate" is a number. Is this a flat +X/event? Is it a multiplyer of some kind? What consitutes an exposure 'event' anyway (*)?

"Decay Rate" is 'Amount of days needed for Exposure and Time Rate to reduce by one third'. So, err, what is Exposure if it's different from Exposure Rate? is it just what 'Default Exposure Rate' becomes after 'Decay Rate' days? What's Time Rate? Is it a number of itself? Some form of multiplier for Exposure?

"Time Rate Change" Is added to Time Rate when I orgasm. Ok. But I still don't know what Time Rate actually is or does.

I can set Exposure (#), Eposure Rate and Time Rate via Puppet Master, but without knowing what they are/do that doesn't help me much.

The Arousal effect I'm aiming for is:

-X per Time. Ie she doesn't go crazy standing around. If she wants to hide in a tavern or something until she get's over the urge to fuck random strangers, that's fine.

+Y when injured. Ie She does however go crazy as a result of adventuring. Going straight back to town after an adventure means she probably meets the 'aroused' requirement in DCL to get jumped on and fucked.

+-? During other events, depending on the event. ...And other events such as vibrating plugs etc do their thing.

But if I'm understanding it correctly (and I really don't think I am), what I actually have is:

+Exposure per T. Exposure might be: ((the sum of (Time Rate Change/T))/T) possibly.

+YE When injured. Because Combat Arousal is a mulipler for E rather than a static arousal modifier.

+-? or +-?E During other events. I dunno. Does it depend on the event, or are they all multipliers for E like Combat Arousal?

E or A may drop after Orgasms. I dunno. I've checked A through the masturation function in Arousal, and it doesn't seem to. Rape events do drop A, but I think that is due to the -? effect that than the O modfier.  They do something to alter the dE/T caluculation tho.

Does that all make any more sense to you folks than it does to me? :s

(*) = Beyond that triggered by other mods. Which, once I get my head around how Arousal works, I can probably figure out how other events are interacting with it.

(#) = Which doesn't seem to be Arousal, as the Exposure showing under Puppet Master and the Arousal Level I get when I drop out can check Status Notification are different numbers.

A = Arousal (This is the net result of your arousal)

E = Exposure (These are static events that cause your arousal to increase or decrease).

Common things that will increase exposure: Seeing someone nude, being nude (if you are an exhibitionist), Weaing a devious device and getting a devious device event (weaing an anal device while casting a spell), getting a kill (with Combat Arousal).  

Common things that will decrease exposure: Having an orgasm.  Honestly I don't know if any of the devious devices do this, and I can't find anything on it.

Exposure more or less increases because something sexy happens, and decreases when you get relief.

TA = Time Arousal

There is ALSO a time component to Arousal, and that's the Time Arousal part.  Time Arousal can technically increase AND decrease your arousal depending on how long it's gone on and what your Decay Rate is.

D = Days since last orgasm

TR = Time Rate = How often you orgasm, basically.  Every time you orgasm, your Time Rate is increased by your Time Rate Change

TA = D x (Time Rate)

A = E + TA or

A = E + (D * TR)

Hypothetical situation explaining this: 

SLA settings:

Default Exposure Rate: 2

Decay Rate: 2

Time Rate Change: 5

Start (you first install Aroused)

Exposure: 2

D: 1

TR: 10

Your Arousal would be 12 (2 + (1 * 10))

You walk through white run.  You see two naked people, so you get two aroused events, your Exposure increases by 2 (based on the default exposure rate) twice.

E: 14

TR: 10

A is 14

You do some crafting, no events affect your exposure, but 12 in-game hours have elapsed.  D is now 1.5 (since it's been 1 1/2 days since you last orgasmed)

A is now 29 (14 + 1.5 * 10)

You find a shiny new chastity belt.  You put it on.  By default, Devious devices belts have an Arousal rate belt multiplier of 1.5, which means event affect your exposure are now going to increase.

You see someone doin it.  Your exposure increases by 3 (2 * 1.5)

A is now 32 (17 + 1.5 * 10)

You fast travel to your player house.  8 in-game hours elapse

A is now 35 (17 + 1.833 * 10)

You have sex with your Thane.  You orgasm.  Your Exposure decreases by 70.  Days since orgasm resets to 0.

E: 0

D: 0.0000001

TR: 15

A = (basically zero) 0 + (0.0000001 * 15)

That was great, you do it with your thane 4 more times.  

E: 0

D: 0.0000001

TR: 35

A = (basically zero) 0 + (0.0000001 * 35)

You fast travel to another city.  12 hours pass.  On entering the city, you see two naked people, so have two exposure increase events, net of +6 (same as before)

A = 33.5    (6 + (35 * .5))

E: 6

D: .5

You fast travel to another city.  12 hours pass.  On entering the city, you see two naked people, so have two exposure increase events, net of +6 (same as before)

A = 47    (12 + (35 * 1))

E: 12

HOWEVER, since it has now been 2 days since the start, The Decay Rate thing happens.  Decay Rate events fire every X days, being the Decay Rate.  When it happens, Exposure AND TR decrease by 1/3.  So now

A = 31.333    (8 + (23.333 * 1))

E: 8

TR: 23.333

• 1 month later...

Just had the same issue.

What bugs me about this stuff is that after orgasm the arousal should go down, but often nothing happens or it even goes up? oO

And the timerate setting is also something I can't get my head around as it can go up to 100 which means after a couple days with timerate change it will basically be in the 70-100 area like forever.

I set the time rate change to 0 and and time rate to 5 fixed, will see how that goes.

• 2 years later...

I know last post was 2 years ago.

But i was bothered by the same question, and there is no real howto, for the whole Arousal thing on the internet. I guess i am not lying when i say i spended something in the 30 hours area to finally understand what is going on. To understand one need knowledge about the following things:

Arousal: How much the character wants to fuck. (Arousal = Exposure + TimeArousal)

Enjoyment: Sounds similar to Arousal, but its complete unimportant, its only for the SL_SO game. And maybe for lewd. See end of post.

Exposure: How much adult content has the character seen and been involved with. See naked ppl or      have sex. (Every time you fuck or see naked, Exposure is increased by ExposureRate, usually 2)

Days: The amount of time to your last orgasm in days.

Time Rate: The amount your Arousal raises every day. See it as a value to describe how much adult content the character is used to. More orgasms = more TimeRate. Stupid variable name btw, for what it should express. Sex addiction would be far more intuitive. (not sure what formula is used here)

Time Arousal: Stupid name again, but ok. Its just the product of Days and Time Rate.

Decay Rate: The rate your Sex addiction (Time Rate) and your Arousal is reduced by time. It can be set manually to a desired rate in SL_A.

--------------

So now that we know these things we can say the following:

The more content a character has seen and participated PLUS the longer last orgasm is past * what amount of sex/naked he is used to, the more he is Aroused.

Fuck often, and u need ur dose of sex daily after a while. Life a long while without and ur desire for it flattens. Quit good what they did there. Very realistic imho.

On the first looks one get the impression that nearly anything raises Arousal, and that is true. but if you are long enough away from stuff thats makes you horny, the decay rate will eat TimeRate (Your addiction) and Exposure (How much u participated in).

The last great mystery for me is the hidden lewd value every npc and character has. I know it can be something between 1-6, and somehow gets changed by stuff, but i am not sure. What i know is, if you rape someone with Defeat, you can set that the victim can only orgasm, when lewd enough. Now, during intercourse, you can manage to stimulate your victim zo the point it would orgasm, the bar is full, but its not happening. A look in console tells, victim is forbidden to orgasm, due lewd to low.

However, if you manage to keep your victim long enough on full bar (Enjoyment) at some point it will orgasm, because suddently lewd gets high enough. I have no evidence, nor is there anything written anywhere, but that looks like your Enjoyment might has some influence on your lewd value.

Ok that was it, maybe i can save someones time by puting all information on 1 spot. Maybe that should go sticky?

Archived