New Mod Users: Four Simple Steps for FNV Success (now with more steps!)

Hey sorry to be a bother but I was just over here http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=8963&page=15

trying to get the main sexout mod to work however I have been having some issues. Ive been trying to figure this out myself for about 3 or so days now and cant seem to get it to work. The entirety of my issues are listed on pages 14-16 of the thread linked above (ill copy them here if you like but I feel it would be easier for everyone to just give the location). My main suspicion at this point is the script extender. I either dont have the right version or am missing some files I think since FNVedit claims my current load order is fine and before I tried to download the sexout compilation file I had the MCM up but the MCM was not showing up in the pause menu.

Hey sorry to be a bother but I was just over here http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=8963&page=15

trying to get the main sexout mod to work however I have been having some issues. Ive been trying to figure this out myself for about 3 or so days now and cant seem to get it to work. The entirety of my issues are listed on pages 14-16 of the thread linked above (ill copy them here if you like but I feel it would be easier for everyone to just give the location). My main suspicion at this point is the script extender. I either dont have the right version or am missing some files I think since FNVedit claims my current load order is fine and before I tried to download the sexout compilation file I had the MCM up but the MCM was not showing up in the pause menu.

The main issue is a CTD upon loading a previous save or starting a new game and im not sure why its happening.

Do you have Prideslayers custom NVSE? Not the extender' date=' that's included in sex out and my compilation, but the main custom NVSE itself? That may be the problem if everything else is right.

[/quote']

I have AN Nvse and I can run it successfully (it seems to run the game fine when the sexout plugins are turned off) but im not sure which one it is to be honest. Theres the script extender and then the "prideslayers custom" one right?

• 2 weeks later...

This is why priority #3 (after fixing sexout bugs and adding some stuff to extender) is forking and releasing FOMM. The code is terrible' date=' to be honest, it's no wonder it's buggy as hell and they can't find the bugs. Every time I start work on it I give up and start writing my own.. get tired of that and go back to FOMM.. it's a vicious cycle.

I think I'll stick with the "fix FOMM" path for now though. Round 1 will be a bunch of refactoring I think before any bug fixes though. Just looking at the 'organization' in the code makes me want to cry.

[/quote']

Might be better to put up with it till FO4 arrives :)

Hopefully the setup in Skyrim is better as I guess that's what they'd base FO4 on.

I'd rather they use the FNV engine or just make a new engine than try to use the Skyrim engine for FO4. Whoever thought it was a good idea to EMBED SCRIPTS INTO SAVE FILES should be shot.

Yeah just having opened the CK for the first time recently, I can say yeah I'm not overly wrapped in it's differences that need learning :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to be fair, there's nothing in FOMM saying that its optional to login. You install the program and its one of the first things you see when you run it for the first time. And if you're switching from NMM, you're accustomed to the program closing if you refuse to log in.