PlayerSlave20120712

Introduction

After obtaining ThomThom's Oblivion data folder, I have taken over his work on the PlayerSlave mod. I made a post in the old thread about the details surrounding this.

About This Mod

What this means is I will be working on playerslave as I get time and really only on the features and components that pertain to mods I am working on. I will not discourage contributions, however. This mod will most likely remain a collection of scripts to be used for other mods. A brief example of this is included in the 7z file.

About This Release

The ZMCPlayerSlaveBasic.esp is familiar to most of you who downloaded the older version. A simple slaver captures and walks/drives you to a purchaser who then works on 3 activities.

In addition to the familiar parts:

-Guards will now walk you to jail instead of magically teleporting the player.

-Guards and Slavers will strip you of your stuff and either leave the useless bits on the ground or take your valuable items.

-If the slaver dies, you might be able to get someone to help you, just give them those pleading eyes.

-Horse carts are now in/working/bumpy.

-The mod is still a "loop" at the end, so I recommend a different save or a new game

-Borderwatchinn is unused, the Slaver starts in a cave in the wilderness (His formid 4577 if you just want to console kill him to test other parts. Or just don't load the ESP.)

Other Release Notes

Look Here

The Future

I don't anticipate working on this mod much in itself, but rather only working on the parts that need to be perfect for my own story based mod to work and function correctly. Updates for this mod will probably coincide with my other work. Anyone who wants to reuse this mod in part or in whole is welcome to. Please just give back your enhancements to the community.

Credits/Thanks

I left the credits in the mod description as ThomThom had them.

But my thanks is to ThomThom for letting me have the mod, and to the entire community here that provides inspiration for downright deviant and creative works. I hope you enjoy a little taste of the mod.

So without further words, Happy un-Independence Day! Get captured!

Edit: I might have missed some assets, so if you see one missing, please let me know.

Edit2: I don't want to clutter up this thread with discussion about what ThomThom might have promised/asked/done. Today is a new day for this mod and lets get off on the right foot.

Edit3: Required: the Hazard's Mathfunctions library from here: http://www.hazardx.com/dl.php?file=68&did=bcfa8a78 I think. It came as part of the package from Thom.

Edit4: Shivering isle required

Update July 12

Added a script to allow for the picking of your cuffs.

It uses the IOP keys on your keyboard.

To try it out use the console command:"startquest ZMCPickLock"

Once the quest starts you can push and hold one of the three keys and you either get a success or a fail. After three consecutive successes, the cuffs are unlocked and you are freed.

I leftout a "hardcore" mode that re-randomizes the lock with each failure. Although it really isnt that hard to put it back in.

I have tested it a little bit and rather like how it works.

Things I might add to pickingoflocks:

- add a "cooldown" later on so you cant keep retrying right away

- add a quick function using a lockpick you could find

- provide animation queues to go with the struggling in cuffs

- instead of message boxes use some sort of hud indicator with a skill based game.

Note: The esp in the package is soley a test esp. Don't expect story/content/excitement from it. It is a test of a independent esp using playerslave functions. (read: This is really a modder's resource)

ZMCPlayerSlavePackage-0.9.7z

ZMCPlayerSlavePackage-0.9a.7z

Thanks' date=' but what is this mathfunctions.esm that i need?

and where can i get it?

[/quote']

I think it is here: http://www.hazardx.com/dl.php?file=68&did=bcfa8a78

I updated the OP with the link.

Thanks, that got the game working again, however, I got a new problem.

The slaver binds me and spawns the horse and cart, but then my character glides backward and the slaver just stands still. After this the slaver starts running with the horse+cart staying behind along with my character.

Thanks' date=' that got the game working again, however, I got a new problem.

The slaver binds me and spawns the horse and cart, but then my character glides backward and the slaver just stands still. After this the slaver starts running with the horse+cart staying behind along with my character.

[/quote']

That's one that comes and goes, sometimes it is a result of the slaver spawning the cart in a "cluttered" area. He likes nice flat places. But even then, sometimes he gets bugged out.

I will take a look at it sometime soon, but in the meantime, perhaps you could try a different location?

I also noticed the problems with the slaver seemed to be diminished by installing the stutter remover, also sometimes the AI gets overloaded and confused. When that happens it looks liek he wants to get on the horse but immediately jumps off.

His other annoyance is if someone walks up to him while he is summoning his cart, I know that's an AI package tweak, but I havent gotten to that yet (I don't really need the cart functions at the moment).

Again, if someone wants to take the time to figure out how to make it smoother or less error prone, you are welcome to it. I imagined that the slaver would do some crazy particle effect to "summon" the magical horse and cart.

@1st Thx for your work ^^

I`m still testing and trying to get the mod working but have a problem similar to naicores...

Right after stripping clothes the slaver spawns his horse and cart and then rides away...and my girl keeps standing there alone ;D

I tried a lot of things...but it`s always the same

Can you imagine this problem to be caused by a bad loadorder? If yes, do you have an idea where to put the plugins?

Maybe it`s just a little switch to solve this problem.

The good thing is up to the point where my girl is left alone the mod seems to be quite stable...in my case Tes4Edit detected a lot of conflicts at the first time but the game still ran fine...

but the problem I mentioned always occurs...even when having no conflicts

Can you imagine this problem to be caused by a bad loadorder? If yes' date=' do you have an idea where to put the plugins?

Maybe it`s just a little switch to solve this problem.

[/quote']

I keep the esm as the last esm and the esp as the last esp.

Again see this post for my compatibility notes:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=821&pid=186558#pid186558

I will look into it when I get a chance. Again, I won't be working too hard on that part because it isn't really needed for the mod I am working on.

I think I'm experiencing a lot of AI related problems. The NPCs seem to switch between 2 tasks frequently. For example, the Slaver will get about halfway onto his horse and then start walking way, then try to mount his horse again in a loop that's hard to break. Wendolyn has trouble walking from the inn to her house; she keeps starting and stopping. In training mode, she paces back and forth between the training device and the marker.

I think I'm experiencing a lot of AI related problems. The NPCs seem to switch between 2 tasks frequently. For example' date=' the Slaver will get about halfway onto his horse and then start walking way, then try to mount his horse again in a loop that's hard to break. Wendolyn has trouble walking from the inn to her house; she keeps starting and stopping. In training mode, she paces back and forth between the training device and the marker.

[/quote']

I had this occuring from time to time, until I installed oblivion stutter remover and took a few script heavy mods out of the load order.

i was wondering if there could be a spell made to have the npc targeted have the ball gag and hands cuffed behind back. love that look would like to be able to put it on my own slaves. think this is something that could be accomplished?

I don't know if I will end up writing a script that does this, although I think it might be useful. To someone who wants to learn to script this could be a great intro task. I imagine that you will need to do this:

1. Make a new wearable clothing item using the ballgag.nif

2. Make an object script that you can put in the new ballgag item

3. Make the npc wear it

2.5 Make the script something like this (psuedocode):

OnEquip
TogglespecialAnim walk, 1
TogglespecialAnim idle, 1
TogglespecialAnim run, 1
TogglespecialAnim turn, 1

OnUnequip
TogglespecialAnim walk, 0
TogglespecialAnim idle, 0
TogglespecialAnim run, 0
TogglespecialAnim turn, 0

For reference, here is the script from the mod that handles the cuff animations:

scn ZMCToggleSlaveAnims

ref Slave
short mode

begin function { mode }
set Slave to player
Slave.ToggleSpecialAnim "ZMCWalkBackward2.kf" mode
Slave.ToggleSpecialAnim "ZMCWalkBackward.kf" mode
Slave.ToggleSpecialAnim "ZMCCuffWalk.kf" mode
Slave.ToggleSpecialAnim "ZMCCuffFastForward.kf" mode
Slave.ToggleSpecialAnim "ZMCCuffIdle.kf" mode
Slave.ToggleSpecialAnim "ZMCCuffTurnRight.kf" mode
Slave.ToggleSpecialAnim "ZMCCuffTurnLeft.kf" mode	
Slave.Update3D
end

I would honestly encourage anyone who wants to add functions to the mod to please do so.

I've done a little messing around with the test esp for some reason my controls are locked and the slaver will simply do a random action after being enslaved (usually just walking on as if I was there.) However interestingly being dragged off to jail by the guards works perfectly fine. I opened up the esp to take a look if his was just some sort of missing line error or something along those lines but with the amount of scripts the code I'm looking for could really be anywhere.

So I'm just wondering if you have any suggestions or fixes for this?

I've done a little messing around with the test esp for some reason my controls are locked and the slaver will simply do a random action after being enslaved (usually just walking on as if I was there.) However interestingly being dragged off to jail by the guards works perfectly fine. I opened up the esp to take a look if his was just some sort of missing line error or something along those lines but with the amount of scripts the code I'm looking for could really be anywhere.

So I'm just wondering if you have any suggestions or fixes for this?

I can say with certainty that everything works for me, however, I have seen weird behaviors though when it comes to saving and reloading at some points of the mod. Maybe that is it?

Some of the functions in the test esp, are still quite error prone. Here is why:

The slaver(Lamuard) doesnt just "walk to a point". He actually calls a complex set of scripts when he enters the "takeslavetomarket" package. These scripts go through the whole process of finding all "markets" in the world (test esp has 1). And then finding the buyer for that market. Now to do this calculation there is a script that builds a graph of all cells in an interior space that the buyer is in. It then calculates which exterior door is "closest" for the buyer. That is used by the slaver to determine which market is "closest". This ref is then forced into the packagedata. This relies on all markets being initialized at mod-start. I think the problem might be in how these are saved in the obse data. They might not be reloaded?

This is almost the same exact behavior for the "Activities" scripts. The slave trainer (Wendolyn) has a list of all possible mounts/devices/etc that she can use. She then uses the "closest" script I described above. Of that list that is the one she chooses. The ref is forced into the package and we are off.

My opinions:

Thom wrote a _lot_ of scripts to do procedural Behaviors/AI. I disagree with him that procedural AI can be entertaining. I think what would be better suited for this specific case (the slaver and the market), is to have each slaver assigned to a market and forget the whole procedural process of determining "closest". The same goes for the trainer.

I think Thom had a vision of a central mod that people could drag and drop slavers/markets/etc into the CS and produce quality mods. I disagree on that point and would rather have a series of helpful tools and allow the mod designer to write clean, coherent story driven mods.

I think the script complexity introduced by procedural activity in Oblivion is more than anyone can be expected to work with.

To bring it back around to your question:

To be honest I would make your own esp, modify the SlaverScript and the WendolynScript to have static references to their targets. Modify the AI packages to be static, and work with it that way. That is how I plan on doing 90% of what my mod needs.

tl;dr The scripts are complex and there isn't a simple fix.

Hey! yeah it's me again anyway I messed around with this a bit more and have found a few bugs as far as I know these are not caused by any mod on my end ( I literally disabled everything else and ran it threw a couple different conflict detectors.) Anyway.

The control lock up bug that I and a few others are getting appears to be related directly to fatigue. Found this by the slaver literally being an idiot and running me over with a horse. knocked down and ended up resetting my fatigue level. (which up until that point had been locked at zero after being knocked out.)

The only other big thing I'm noticing is that for some reason when the slaver moves through any door I usually don't end up warping in with him.

I restored the esp to the original(yours, originally found these on the one I was messing around with) and both these events still happened. Also noticed you still have the early debug menu in there as well.

Anyway Just thought i'd leave a slightly more helpful bug report if you needed it.

Good luck with the mod!

I think I'm experiencing a lot of AI related problems. The NPCs seem to switch between 2 tasks frequently. For example' date=' the Slaver will get about halfway onto his horse and then start walking way, then try to mount his horse again in a loop that's hard to break. Wendolyn has trouble walking from the inn to her house; she keeps starting and stopping. In training mode, she paces back and forth between the training device and the marker.

[/quote']

I had this occuring from time to time, until I installed oblivion stutter remover and took a few script heavy mods out of the load order.

i was wondering if there could be a spell made to have the npc targeted have the ball gag and hands cuffed behind back. love that look would like to be able to put it on my own slaves. think this is something that could be accomplished?

I don't know if I will end up writing a script that does this' date=' although I think it might be useful. To someone who wants to learn to script this could be a great intro task. I imagine that you will need to do this:

3. Make the npc wear it

OnEquip
TogglespecialAnim run, 1

OnUnequip
TogglespecialAnim run, 0

For reference, here is the script from the mod that handles the cuff animations:

scn ZMCToggleSlaveAnims

ref Slave
short mode

begin function { mode }
set Slave to player
Slave.Update3D
end

I would honestly encourage anyone who wants to add functions to the mod to please do so.

[/quote']

how would i add this script to the item in construction set?

Hey! yeah it's me again anyway I messed around with this a bit more and have found a few bugs as far as I know these are not caused by any mod on my end ( I literally disabled everything else and ran it threw a couple different conflict detectors.) Anyway.

The control lock up bug that I and a few others are getting appears to be related directly to fatigue. Found this by the slaver literally being an idiot and running me over with a horse. knocked down and ended up resetting my fatigue level. (which up until that point had been locked at zero after being knocked out.)

The only other big thing I'm noticing is that for some reason when the slaver moves through any door I usually don't end up warping in with him.

I restored the esp to the original(yours' date=' originally found these on the one I was messing around with) and both these events still happened. Also noticed you still have the early debug menu in there as well.

Anyway Just thought i'd leave a slightly more helpful bug report if you needed it.

Good luck with the mod!

[/quote']

It is the Fatigue. The slavers weapon sets your fatigue at like -11k. I opened the console and set my fatigue back and the script worked and I was bound on the cart and hauled off.

[/quote']

I don't know if I will end up writing a script that does this' date=' although I think it might be useful. To someone who wants to learn to script this could be a great intro task. I imagine that you will need to do this:

3. Make the npc wear it

OnEquip
TogglespecialAnim run, 1

OnUnequip
TogglespecialAnim run, 0

scn ZMCToggleSlaveAnims

ref Slave
short mode

begin function { mode }
set Slave to player
Slave.Update3D
end

[/quote']

how would i add this script to the item in construction set?

for instance this will not take in script

scn slave

begin

OnEquip

TogglespecialAnim run, 1

OnUnequip

TogglespecialAnim run, 0

end

Gave this a try, somethings I noticed

Waiting for the fatigue to regen seems to take a little too long. Also while waiting the PC is actually standing and shackled, not too sure if that is intended or not, and the slaver keeps trying to tell PC to move while couldn't because fatigue is below 0. People also mention cart and horses which doesn't happen to me.

This is what I get:

Wait...

Slaver shows up waking up PC from wait

One hit fatigue plummets

Slaver strip/steal/toss items

PC shackled standing up

Slaver keeps returning to the PC telling saying "Move", but can't because no fatigue, this continues until fatigue is above zero

PC follows Slaver on foot to auction house

Transaction

PC is tied to the wall

End?

Is this the end of the mod so far?

Also the part about if slaver gets kill PC might be able to get help, how does that work? I can't seems to be able to talk to anyone.

The Guard/walk to prison seems to work pretty flawlessly tho.

Pretty nice , Good to see that the Player Slave Mod Is up And Running Again ,

All Resources from ZAZ Maybe used if you Wish to pursue and update this .

Keep up the good work .

Cheers

Also If you want Make Npcs chained up etc , I Have used a Spell in ZAZ Stocks , Have a look at the Scripts there

Pretty nice ' date=' Good to see that the Player Slave Mod Is up And Running Again ,

All Resources from ZAZ Maybe used if you Wish to pursue and update this .

Keep up the good work .

Cheers

Also If you want Make Npcs chained up etc , I Have used a Spell in ZAZ Stocks , Have a look at the Scripts there

[/quote']

Thanks!. I know that some of the original animations Thom used were from "ChainIt!", but I was already thinking how I could reuse some of the ZAZ stuff.

On the topic of horses and carts, they should only activate if your distance is greater than 60k units away from the destination. You can pop open the console and see what dist was calculated.

I looked into the fatigue angle of the problem, and I think that might be it. The stun magic script reduces your fatigue alot, but it doesnt restore it properly. And after the enslavement when all stats are reduced, the problem only gets worse. Ill put out a new version sometime over the weekend with a fix on this and maybe a few other tweaks. For example, Thom had a small set of scripts that would allow for a "slip the cuffs" sort of escape-minigame. I want to get that in and working because as it stands now, noone can kill Lamulard to show off the "escaped slave" functions (Unless you console kill him).

Also, Incase anyone is wondering and didnt read my previous post, I don't expect this mod to ever be more than a modders resource. The player will probably always end up in a "loop". I am currently working on a story based mod of my own design, that uses a lot of the PlayerSlave functions. So if you want playable functions I suggest to either wait for that or beg other modders to include new features in their mods :D

That's fine. As long as the resourses temselves don't have game breaking glitches then they are alreay a great addition.

As for modders wanting to use them, there's already one wanting to use the 'guard drags you to prison nude' part and integrate it with other mods (like true crime and chainbeasts).

Best luck for you both.