How to make a .xml slide preset from the body meshes? Body slide

1 hour ago, RoninDog said:

Ā 

Okay, I know you don't have to help more than you have already done, but if you can take a look at my project and see why literally no racemenu overlays works on it, it would be greatly appreciated. If I can get this to work I won't have to do every outfit manually.

Ā 

Original mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/76381

(I chose a bikini because it's easier to see the tattoos)

[Caenarvon] FreeStyle Aquarius (3BA).rar 5.76 MBĀ Ā·Ā 0 downloads

I don't use Skyrim SE, I use LE.
Nevertheless, a note: If you replace the Reference with Outfit Studio, it is often used in the Nif as the last mesh - and that doesn't have to be right. The order of the meshes in Nif does play a role - especially when working with TextureSets etc.

So just check if the original and your edited Nif differ on this point.
In Nifskope, you can sort a mesh downwards with CTRL+ Arrow Down.

10 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I don't use Skyrim SE, I use LE.
Nevertheless, a note: If you replace the Reference with Outfit Studio, it is often used in the Nif as the last mesh - and that doesn't have to be right. The order of the meshes in Nif does play a role - especially when working with TextureSets etc.

So just check if the original and your edited Nif differ on this point.
In Nifskope, you can sort a mesh downwards with CTRL+ Arrow Down.

Ā 

The body is the last mesh in the original too, and all the shader flags are the same. Can't see anything that stands out as different. Guess I have to give up on this. Thanks for the help anyway.

On 5/23/2023 at 8:30 AM, Andy14 said:

Outfit Studio select the Body Mesh and Menu: Slider -> New Slider. Give the slider a name (e.g. NCK30 Shape)
Select the new slider and activate it (pen icon).
Then menu: Slider -> Import Slider Data -> Import BSD -> select your previously saved BSD.

Ā 

Leave the slider activated and press the Tab key.
The Slider Properties window opens and you should set the default values for Low to 0 and High to 0.

(If you set High to 1, the slider would always be automatically set to 100 with a body weight of 100.)

Close the Silder Properties window with OK.

Ā 

Now menu: File -> Save Project as.
Leave all settings as they are in the next window and click on Save.

After closing and reopening BodySlide, there should now be a new slider for the body (UUNP or whatever) that has the name NCK30 Shape.

Ā 

Since we saved the slider in the project of the reference body, this slider can now be transferred to an armor/clothing like any other slider using Outfit Studio.

To do this, select an armor in BodySlide and open it from there with the upper Outfit Studio icon in Outfit Studio.

Ā 

In Outfit Studio click on menu: File -> Load Reference and select the body (UUNP or whatever).

This replaces the existing body and the sliders are also read in again from the reference body.

To transfer only the new slider, check De-/Select Sliders in the window on the right and scroll down to the slider NCK30 Shape.

Select and check this slider. Now menu: Slider -> Conform Selected (armor mesh must be selected)

Ā 

Then, as usual, menu: File -> Save Project as. If the armor already had a body mesh, then check the Cope reference Shape into output box, otherwise leave it unchecked.

Ā 

Ā 

Hey andy, there is one problem left. I get a neck gap with all weight except for 100.

Ā 

It seems NCK30 used dream girl low for his low weight shape (_0.nif) which have exactly the same shape

on slider 100 like Dream girl around neck.

Ā 

How can i fix this neck gap issue?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Low weight = neck gap.

Ā 

Ā 

11111111.png.23d71513b06ac4bc5c2d644087a0c7b9.png

Ā 

100 weight = nothing.

Ā 

Ā 

88888888888888888888.png.c1442213dcdc0b873fd978f2765b2c31.png

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Guest
20 minutes ago, ZcKeZcKT said:

Ā 

Ā 

Hey andy, there is one problem left. I get a neck gap with all weight except for 100.

Ā 

It seems NCK30 used dream girl low for his low weight shape (_0.nif) which have exactly the same shape

on slider 100 like Dream girl around neck.

Ā 

How can i fix this neck gap issue?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Low weight = neck gap.

Ā 

Ā 

11111111.png.23d71513b06ac4bc5c2d644087a0c7b9.png

Ā 

100 weight = nothing.

Ā 

Ā 

88888888888888888888.png.c1442213dcdc0b873fd978f2765b2c31.png

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

There is a slider called "SmallSeam".
The slider is actually hidden in BodySlide but visible in Outfit Studio.
The default value (Slider Properties) for this slider should be 1 for low and 0 for high. This controls wrists, ankles and the neck.

12 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

There is a slider called "SmallSeam".
The slider is actually hidden in BodySlide but visible in Outfit Studio.
The default value (Slider Properties) for this slider should be 1 for low and 0 for high. This controls wrists, ankles and the neck.

Ā 

Set it from 100 to 0 for low. Neck gap is gone.

Ā 

Thanks Andy.?

On 3/2/2017 at 11:01 AM, Andy14 said:
If you do not write as an answer, then I know nothing of your post - I do not follow the thread.
Ā 
Ā 
All the descriptions below work ONLY if Source and Target mesh have the same vertices topology.

Ā 

This is how you create a preset slider in OS.

Ā 

Ā 
Preparing to create a Preset slider:
Open OS. (for others as note: OS=Outfit Studio)
No new project, no reference - nothing.
Only - import the femalebody_1 nif from the mod. File -> Load Outfit or Import -> From Nif (is the same in this case).
Ā 
Select the imported body-mesh.
Ā 
Now click Slider-> New Slider.
Enter a Name for the new slider and click Ok.
Ā 
The new slider is now available as slider - right in the list.
Ā 
Activate the slider by mouse click.
Ā 
Now click Slider -> Mask Affected Vertices.
Use the Brush Tool if necessary (the mesh should be completely masked - black)
Ā 
Now click Slider -> Export Slider Data.
Obj or BSD really does not matter.
If you do not like edit the mesh with a 3d program (Max, Blender etc.), you can choose BSD.
Ā 
Save it as MyFullShape.BSD on the Desktop - for example.
Close OS.
Ā 
Use the new Preset Slider in your Body:
Open OS.
Ā 
Load Reference and select your Body (CBBE etc.).
Ā 
Select the imported Mesh (BaseShape).
Click on Slider -> New Slider.
Enter a name for the new slider and click Ok.
(The Name is used in Bodyslide.)
Ā 
Activate the Slider by Click.
(the newe Slider is the last slider in slider list -right)
Ā 
Now click Slider -> Import Slider Data
Choose the File type as previously exported. (in Example BSD)
Select your File - Desktop -> MyFullShape.bsd.
Click on OK.
Ā 
Now (the slider is still activated) click on Slider -> Properies and set 0 for Min and Max values.
This are the Defaults for Weight 0 and weight 1 in Bodyslide.
Ā 
Done.
The new slider is ready and functional.
Ā 
Ā 
File -> Save Project as...
If you do not want to overwrite your reference, then change at least the Display Name and the Shape Data File.
Ā 
If only Display Name and the Shape Data File is renamed (do not click on "To Prject" button), then you have a new additional reference - very useful.
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
How to get slider in clothes / armors:
Ā 
Open OS.
Click File -> Load Project -> Chose your Armor (Projects are in BodySlide/SliderSets folder)
Ā 
If your Body project as new Reference available:
Ā 
Load Reference -> choose your new body.
The BaseShape (if the armor has a baseShape) are replaced with your mesh and your sliders.
Ā 
Deselect all Sliders by uncheck the De-/Select Sliders field (above the Slider list)
Scroll down and check your new slider. (only check - not activate)
Ā 
Now select your armor mesh(es) -> click on Slider -> Confomr Selected.
The rest is standard routine.
Ā 
If your Body NOT available as Reference:
- see the steps in "Use the new Slider in your Body" - is general the same prozedur for your BaseShape of your Armor.
This is also the method when your armor has ZapSlider.

Ā 

Hey, for some reason my custom morph is causing the whole CBBE model to move upwards when I activate the slider. I've applied all transforms and scaling in Blender so that it lines up perfectly there and there are no issues with vertex count so I don't understand what's wrong. Also, when I import the custom morph NIF file to outfit studio, it appears just normal on the ground.

Ā 

However, aside from that, I think the morph is working fine since it does shape from the zero value CBBE body to my custom body, but it just moves 20 meters into the sky.

Hey, I fixed it by copying the weird origin point the original CBBE body has upon importing it to Blender, which is on top of the body, to new body that has the custom morph (by basically moving the cursor to the og origin point, then applying the cursor's coordinates as the new body's origin point in Blender, if anyone is interested to know).

Ā 

I didn't by the way have to even do any of that mask painting in Outfitstudio.

• 2 months later...

Just came across this and hoping somebody can help me out.
Ā 

When I open up my .NIF file from the first step I get the image below. I have a few other dozen presets I've downloaded from other modders and they are all producing upper mesh only? I'm not sure if it's my character specific preset that is fucked or something else messing with OS?

Ā 

I tried to move past this and exported my slider data and it will not save as a .BSD, so I had to save it as a .OBJ file (it doesn't save as .BSD for some reason??).

Ā 

When I got to this step:

Ā 

Now clickĀ Slider -> Import Slider Data
Choose the File type as previously exported. (in Example BSD)
Select your File - Desktop -> MyFullShape.bsd.
Click onĀ OK.

Ā 

I get stuck here when this issue pops up "vertex count of .obj file mesh does not match currently selected shape".

Screenshot_3.png