Has anyone here played Conan Exiles? (not really sure where to post this)

deadboyss

if anyone has tried Conan: Exiles... Is it worth buying now or should I wait a few months?

It has a lot of potential, but right now kinda lacking in content part, also servers are buggy (thralls and altars disappearing, rubberbanding and disconnects). But yeah, its early access, and Funcom seems to be patching the game once or twice per day. If bugs and unfinished content doesnt scare you, its a lot of fun.

if anyone has tried Conan: Exiles... Is it worth buying now or should I wait a few months?

It has a lot of potential, but right now kinda lacking in content part, also servers are buggy (thralls and altars disappearing, rubberbanding and disconnects). But yeah, its early access, and Funcom seems to be patching the game once or twice per day. If bugs and unfinished content doesnt scare you, its a lot of fun.

Lacking in Content this game already has 10x more content then friggen Ark does... Between exploration lore finding combat thrall getting and leveling and building ect. 

Is this game worth it yes 100% the only people giving negative feedback are the hardcore Ark players who have like 1000+ hours in Ark.

Be warned however this game is Early Access and they make no bones about it being Early Access so what Chekist said about the bugs ect won't make you go into a absolute spergfest when something like a inventory wipes or something then I say yes get it you will not be let down.

My opinion?  Yes.

Your opinion could be different.  It all depends on the types of games you enjoy playing, the game modes you intend to play on, the level of bugs you're willing to overlook(and let's be honest here, this is an 'early access' game, meaning it's not finished yet, and the company is allowing players to buy their copy of the game early while they finish working on it.)

All in all, I'll try and break it down a bit.  Full nudity from day one.  DAILY updates.  They have ALREADY released the modding tools, and mods are already out for the game.  All the 'rubber banding', disappearing alters, and vanishing thralls have all been fixed based on the patch notes from the devs.(I say this because I never experienced any of these issues as I play private with some close friends.)  The amount of content already in the game is actually surprising considering it's still in it's early release stages, easily 100+ hours of game content at minimum and they plan to add more.  The potential this game has is stunning standing on it's own, and the modding community hasn't even gotten started yet.

You can wait, it wont hurt anything, you can buy it now and enjoy it as it grows.  The game is on it's way to being something really amazing provided it stays on it's current course.

My opinion?  Yes.

Your opinion could be different.  It all depends on the types of games you enjoy playing, the game modes you intend to play on, the level of bugs you're willing to overlook(and let's be honest here, this is an 'early access' game, meaning it's not finished yet, and the company is allowing players to buy their copy of the game early while they finish working on it.)

All in all, I'll try and break it down a bit.  Full nudity from day one.  DAILY updates.  They have ALREADY released the modding tools, and mods are already out for the game.  All the 'rubber banding', disappearing alters, and vanishing thralls have all been fixed based on the patch notes from the devs.(I say this because I never experienced any of these issues as I play private with some close friends.)  The amount of content already in the game is actually surprising considering it's still in it's early release stages, easily 100+ hours of game content at minimum and they plan to add more.  The potential this game has is stunning standing on it's own, and the modding community hasn't even gotten started yet.

You can wait, it wont hurt anything, you can buy it now and enjoy it as it grows.  The game is on it's way to being something really amazing provided it stays on it's current course.

I know its survival so combat isnt the main focus but the combat system looks boring/button-mashy. What is your opinion on that aspect? Potential has me very interested.

I would say... find a "free" copy and try it solo. If you enjoy it, it runs on your computer, and you want to see more, go and buy it then :) Thats what I'm doing for the moment, testing it solo. But after having been disappointed by some EA's, I'll wait a couple weeks and see how it evolves (after all, the official release is scheduled for end oy year/beginning 2018...).

"Why recommend to play solo when its obviously a multiplayer game?" Well... Because I played Ark... And my online exp with it was not exactly thrilling. Tried a PVE server. After 5 minutes, some idiots put me in a cage and were having a lot of fun watching me die slowly. Tried another, only to be killed repeatedly as I respawned by some hlvl idiot... Joined a private server. It was nicer, but PVP with limitations (offline raiding of bases was limited to two nights/week for example). Which would have been fine if I had had the time to spend on it. But it is kind of frustrating to log in only to find your base destroyed and your dinos killed because some guy decided to raid your tiny base while you were working. Not to mention the chats were most of the time filled with rants/insults/idiots...

So now, I play offline, at my pace and without the hassle of morons pestering. :D Yes, the game is less fun in solo mode than it would be in a nice server.

Now, if you played and enjoyed Ark, Conan Exiles should suit your tastes too. It is very similar, after all. You could say that, for the moment, its Ark without Dinos and with less diverse environment (its sand sand and more sand :P).

Its mainly a building game :) Grind ressources, build, make a nice base.

Combat is quite limited, and yes, its button mashing. There's no localized damage, and its basically "weapon dmg*strength=damage". So its hit hit hit. You also have a bow, but it seems rather clunky/inefficient in the players hands (not so much in NPC's hands... they have devilish accuracy and range compared to players...).

Unless you want to knock the NPC out to enslave it... There you have to be careful (and your strength must be max 9, unless they corrected that?) because once they go unconscious, one additionnal hit kills them right away.

My opinion?  Yes.

I know its survival so combat isnt the main focus but the combat system looks boring/button-mashy. What is your opinion on that aspect? Potential has me very interested.

The combat can be a tad 'button mash', though there are power attacks, and of course the almost need to block with a shield.(I can't tell you how much I love blocking arrows with a shield in this game while you charge in on an archer.)

For example, a two handed hammer has a power attack that can knock down enemies, and really, really, ruin someone's day(including you if you happen to be on the other side of the hammer.)  Spears allow you to charge the enemy, or even use it as a quick sprint that doesn't drain all your stamina before getting into combat.  There is a dodge mechanic as well(tap shift+a or d), that allows you to quickly side step to avoid hits(very handy when you're up against someone with a spear.) 

My overall opinion is that for a survival game the combat is actually pretty decent, and can only stand to get better as they develop it further and mods continue to roll out.  The core foundations are there, and some of the elements they have in place make it feel a lot less 'button mash' on top of these other elements, such as the hurt hand shake when a weapon, tool, or shield breaks on you.  The blood screen splatter is position oriented that let's you know the direction the attacks are coming from, etc.

Archived