Conan Exiles Modding (EA coming on 1/31/17)

Voltanis

This is what the skin is looking like right now. Still experimenting and haven't tried it out in game yet. Will see about doing a shaved version as things progress.

looking good. What resolution will it be? Does Conan support 4k textures?

Btw, are shaved/shaved&oiled mods working properly?

Removed. Hearsay I got was "Cause updates broke them and they were tired of fixing." honestly, I hope that isn't the case.

I know Spindle removed them from steam workshop. I was wondering if Funcom fixed that graphite issue that was preventing us from cooking custom textures. Don't want to download another 20 GB of updates for the devkit just to test that.

Btw, are shaved/shaved&oiled mods working properly?

Removed. Hearsay I got was "Cause updates broke them and they were tired of fixing." honestly, I hope that isn't the case.

I know Spindle removed them from steam workshop. I was wondering if Funcom fixed that graphite issue that was preventing us from cooking custom textures. Don't want to download another 20 GB of updates for the devkit just to test that.

Funny thing is i hear half of the issue is fuckin Epics fault not Funcom I have and always will say Unreal Engine is a piece of overrated crap and that the engine has pretty shit to look at but when it comes to the dirt it causes more issues then it's worth.

The UE4 Engine is an unfinished engine,s o there's bound to be issues.

I know it is but UE3 still has issues :/

Bottom line these devs getting pissy about the game breaking their mods when they are doing mods on A. A Alpha engine and B. A Alpha game seems really silly to me.

Guest oxyg1n

Just had a thought: How hard would buildable/usable crucifixes be since we have assets and animations already?

I'd imagine that they could be like workstations, but you know, just be Crucifixion. Probably would be kind of on the easier side of things to mod.

just saw a were-jackle/hyena thing. soo can't wait for creature capabilities. Anyone else?

Except spiders. Burn them. Burn them all.

You're talking about creature sex? That's a lot of work just to think about implementing. lol

just saw a were-jackle/hyena thing. soo can't wait for creature capabilities. Anyone else?

Except spiders. Burn them. Burn them all.

You're talking about creature sex? That's a lot of work just to think about implementing. lol

I'd love to see it happen eventually, it was actually one of the first things I thought of when modding Exiles came up.  It needs to be low priority for now though, I understand.

Probably would be easiest to do creature sex as a station rather than out in the wild to start.

Maybe use the truncheon to collect animals instead of killing them, bring them back to a station to tame.  Once tamed you and/or your thralls can have sex with them.  I like this idea.

To be fair I was talking about this with some people in my server and we would love to see some Spooning/Cuddling and a Massage animation but those could come later right now the highest demand I have seen for poses in Oral for both male and female and Doggy.

Guest oxyg1n

Probably would be easiest to do creature sex as a station rather than out in the wild to start.

Here's my first take on a hairless skin. Not sure if the clit/labia will be properly placed in game.

Hey Rebel Girl,

How would one put your skin into the game? And when you made it, did you use a template from the game?

Here's my first take on a hairless skin. Not sure if the clit/labia will be properly placed in game.

Hey Rebel Girl,

How would one put your skin into the game? And when you made it, did you use a template from the game?

To be honest I don't know. I figured I'd learn to bake mods after I got to the skin to a point where I thought it looked okay. So I'll be working on that next week most likely unless someone else wants to take over on that front so I can work on refining it and doing a male skin. I literally painted over the ordinary skin. Should be a match.

What is the verdict on mod compatibility for CE/UE4? How does UE4's ability to handle multiple mods measure up?

Should "compilations" provide a solution for the near future, until Epic Games/Funcom provides more robust mod handling?  Should modders build mod assets, to be compiled together as more "expansion.pak" rather than myriad tweaks. Does it make sense for modders to offer 'source' as pseudo collaboration? Also a way for others to learn by example?

Seems UE4 desperately needs "loose file" mod option, to jump-start the modding ecosystem -- faster tweaking and compatibility testing. If Epic really wants to open the vault, will they have to improve mod functionality?

What improvements to UnrealEd would you like to see?

... Record Layering, In-Engine Animation, Dynamic ID Handling, ZBrush Plugin, Blender Plugin, Sketchup Plugin

Archived