How to fix the Sexlab setting so that the male isn't the one getting fucked by the female?

I been messing with the setting multiple times to try and correct this each time I failed so I had to reset everything and it still has the male being fucked by a Strap on girl. I still don't know how to change this or correct this so that it is the female getting fuck by the male.

It is normally determined by the mod CALLING SexLab, not sexlab itself.  For example, if you are using Matchmaker, the first person tagged should normally be the one in the "receiving" position.  It all depends on the mod calling SL.  Mods like like Defeat and Submit have options in their MCMs to always put the female in the receiving position even if they are the rapist.  Always check the mods that are calling the animations to see if they have settings in their MCMs.

And finally, you can always swap the position of the actors by hitting the '=' key (the shortcut for "swapping" in SL, can be changed in the MCM).

it still has the male being fucked by a Strap on girl.

It might be a SexLab Framework bug. I have never tried a female with a strapon but I have, with various mod configurations, had exactly that problem with a male PC and a male NPC. There is that selection MCM > SexLab > Animation Editor > Position with two possible values. No matter which one I choose, whenever I initiate sex with a man, the other guy is fucking my character, so that I have to press the hotkey after the animation has started in order to swap the positions. And this is not the matter of another mod calling SexLab Framework, because no mod is calling SexLab Framework, it is me executing it manually for testing purposes.

If you are having the same problem with a female NPC with a strapon, it would seem that SexLab assumes automatically that when a partner has a (natural or artificial) penis, the user wants the PC to be penetrated. The only question that remains is: why is that "Position" choice there in the first place if it doesn't affect anything? A mod conflict is unlikely because this problem occurs consistently even when there are no sex mods activated apart from Defeat, SoS and Floppy SoS, and those shouldn't make SexLab Framework act weirdly.

I would very much like to see someone more knowledgeable comment on this.

Again, the calling mod (the mod asking for the animation) determines the position of the actors.  Not Sexlab itself.  Any issues with position should be directed to the mod asking for the animation to be played.

Again, when I, the real person, by the means of pressing with my finger on the button of the mouse, open MCM > SexLab > Animation Editor and click on "Play Animation", then there is no calling mod (the mod asking for the animation).

The possibility to activate a sex animation for testing purposes is included in SexLab Framework. It doesn't need any other mod to work (apart from the skeleton and body and FNIS and such).

• 6 months later...

I have noticed the same issue, and have also noticed the same density of the head when it comes to responding to it.  It is quite as if it were meant to be frustrating, and a solution was not meant to be given.  Solutions which don't apply, denial of the problem, silence, and the typical responses.  There is a fundamental issue with SEXLAB and not any other modss calling sexlab, in this case.  The only hybrid form of problem between these two would be if another mod were installed and affected the settings of sexlab, so that even if it weren't used to call sexlab, using sexlab alone (for testing purposes, for example) would still lead to the same result as if it had been called.  Why it even happens this way is beyond me, it's just as if it had a default perversion setting that you had to "switch out of".  Frankly, I am not interested in women with strap ons.  I wouldn't want to be around one.  I sure wouldn't like an interaction with one where she tried to fuck me with one, and I wouldn't like it if every woman I met tried this, even if she would "swap" and be the receiver.  The whole point is immersion, what is going on here is frustration and borderline insult.

For example, if the problem were likely caused as some have suggested, then why not they or the person with the problem suggest posting a list of mods which were installed, so that the likely problem could be spotted (what mod is calling or affecting as if calling, sexlab)?  That would make a difference in progress.  Then if none were found, the question could be asked has any ever been installed during that time that sexlab has been intalled?  Then if so, influence which persists can't  be yet ruled out.  A reinstallation of sexlab with no other mods which might have influenced sexlab should then take place.  I'm barely willing to do that for such a game-breaking experience, and in some ways, eye-shattering.  It's kind of like spoilers for something important when what it is supposed to promise is made a perverse displeasure for many as a seemingly default situation, doesn't it?  So only puritans have a sense of aesthetics?  I guess what I'm saying there is that if it turns out to be an actual sexlab problem, then it isn't a minor or petty one. I don't need women coming at me with strapons, damn it!  And definitely would be even more pissed and grossed out if men were coming at me (vis a vis my avatar) with organic or artificial ones, just like in real life.  Basically, it becomes a sort of antithetical experience to even seek out such a mod that could "fuck up a wet dream", since that's basically what it is doing at that point, causing a LACK of desirable immersion in the game.  Personally, I play the game  mainly for having a space to enact situations to provide a sense of catharsis sublimation, to alter the texture of  my inner dialogue with the assistance of a set of props, like daydreaming, really.  But in so doing I prefer to be one who acts in consistency with my living moral code, and also my living aesthetic code.  Defeats the purpose to do otherwise.  And none of this rules out being sexually active just as long as all parties are in agreement as to participants and form. This little subgame has fundamentally threatened that very premise for ANY mod by effing up at THIS level.  But I still like the idea in that, let's say one fell in love in real life.  Would one NOT have a libido?  Can the fair maiden expect nothing more than making homecooked meals?  Not if I'm married to her.  So the same goes for less ceremonially ornamented relationships.  I feel no shame or embarrassment, nor disgust at those things in real life, so why should I in a simulation? But it doesn't rule out having some minimal standards for an experience to be called "worthwhile", even as an experiment.  I think experimentation should not be the default status, but choice should be.  Also, a sense of decency for what OTHERS experience, rather than indifference.

The only question that remains is: why is that "Position" choice there in the first place if it doesn't affect anything?

Because the Position choice is there to let you access and edit the adjustments of the various positions in the animation. It's not meant to tell SexLab which position to slot the player as.

For the record, the Animation Editor in SexLab's MCM is supposed to slot actors according to involved genders, when starting an animation. If the player is female, they always get slotted into the female position; if they're male, they are slotted into the male position if the other actor is female, or slotted into the female position if the other actor is male. If it's not working this way for you, start a sex animation then look into Animation Settings in MCM, and check whether the listed genders match up with what you're expecting. Odds are you have accidentally set your male character's gender to female.

Finally, keep in mind the Animation Editor is meant for testing purposes. If you're using it for gameplay purposes so often that pressing the switch-actors hotkey is an inconvenience, I'd recommend looking for a mod that allows starting animations without having to go through MCM every time, and gives the player full control over what position their character takes.

I have noticed the same issue, and have also noticed the same density of the head when it comes to responding to it.  It is quite as if it were meant to be frustrating, and a solution was not meant to be given.  Solutions which don't apply, denial of the problem, 

True, i deny there is any problem, at least in sexlab. If you talk about immersion breaking, don't use the sexlab testing. It's meant for testing, and very rudimentary. By no means it's supposed to do more than try if an(y) animation can be played at all, and not at all immersive. If a women comes with a strapon, the test is passed, and that's it. Sexlab is a framework, and as such it's not supposed to do anything without a mod calling it. That there even is a function to test it is pure convinience, it could be removed without any loss and reading such comments, maybe it should.

I don't know why you think the given solution (=use a mod) should not apply. If you don't want to install another mod, well, deal with the way sexlab handles stuff or use something else. If you are using another mod and there are still women coming for you with strapons, read the mod description if that's supposed to happen (and use another one if the answer is yes), check possible settings to change it, if you can't find any report it in the thread of this mod. In this order.

*edit: wrathslayer, i think you answered the wrong comment since the one you quoted is 7 month old. ;)

• 5 months later...

Guys i dont know are you have a sollution for this problem? because i have this problem too and i dont know how to remove this Strapon Dildo Female thing...

For me i realy dislike something like gay or lesbian what i want is just to have a normal sex with a female npc.

Last time i try this works perfectly nothing strapon dildo thing but it in sexlab older version i dont know 1.5 maybe.. But i download a new one 1.62 because my hardisk broken so i just install skyrim to its new state. when i encounter female and want to have a sex with him sexlab give me 2 magic name (i forgot the name) 1.(self) and 2.(target) i use self first and use target to female npc but the female wear a strapon dildo and start to f***ing me!! i tried to use magic target without using magic self but it still show same result.

i allready check gender its male,disable option for strapon dildo for female but still give me no result female still f***ing me with invisible strapon i really confused and pissed off by this. change to female gender result me as male to act as female and change it back to male resulting i as a male get f**k by female with strapon dildo....

GUYS PLEASE HELP if you know how to remove this strapon and get normal sex.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem. I tried using the = to swap actors and that doesn't work. Every other keyboard button works, tried switching the button used and still nothing. My character is a level 50 orc being butt fucked by every female i can find (WTF). I went through the options in sexlab and made sure my gender is male and heterosexual but still nothing. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

sounds like a simple fix, but it didn't work for me.  no matter how many times I change with K, it doesn't save.  switching to female character and back doesn't work.  No matter what I do, It always starts me in the reciever position.  What file is this change supposed to be saved in?  papyrusutil?  .jsjoin?  I have no idea to default my character into recieving position

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/4/2020 at 11:04 AM, ZodiacBlack said:

Update, I just tested out a couple animations... and when I pressed the gender role swap, not only did PC begin male role, but the female follower continued to remain as male role as well. So yea, it has officially become Gayrim.

Seems it has been improved since last time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 6:04 PM, ZodiacBlack said:

Update, I just tested out a couple animations... and when I pressed the gender role swap, not only did PC begin male role, but the female follower continued to remain as male role as well. So yea, it has officially become Gayrim.

i got the same problem

fuck my life -_-

• 6 months later...

I am having this issue as well. 

After more than a bit of testing I have found that this issue is coming from all mods I use. (SLEN, paradise Halls, are the main ones I have tried other just to test.) Setting my character to male or female does not have fix or change the issue.  All animations the placements were backwards. (If I was the supposed  aggressor then I was the vic tem if I was supposed to be the victim i was the aggressor) ALSO using the debug in sexlab causes my player to take the male role not the female one. (According to posts above the PC should be in the receiving role)

Note what "fixed it" was turning off the "Filter gender tags" option in the sexlab mcm. This option says "scenes will automatically filter and set the right gender position for the actors involved in the animation" so sexlab does sort the positions for the animations and I can't tell if it is just doing it wrong or doing it twice. Also this causes debug to behave like it is "supposed" to (PC is back in the receiving role.

The problem is that now I will get lesbian/gay scenes with a male and female actor or straight scene with two female actors.  

Tldr: all mods that call events have swapped positions. Turning off sexlab's sorting causes the positions to be set correctly so it is sexlab causing the problem. (Or at least it's sorting) but now I have two guys rubbing their non-existent vagina's together on occasion.

• 1 year later...

On 8/6/2022 at 12:31 AM, LordSpud said:

I am having this issue as well. 

After more than a bit of testing I have found that this issue is coming from all mods I use. (SLEN, paradise Halls, are the main ones I have tried other just to test.) Setting my character to male or female does not have fix or change the issue.  All animations the placements were backwards. (If I was the supposed  aggressor then I was the vic tem if I was supposed to be the victim i was the aggressor) ALSO using the debug in sexlab causes my player to take the male role not the female one. (According to posts above the PC should be in the receiving role)

Note what "fixed it" was turning off the "Filter gender tags" option in the sexlab mcm. This option says "scenes will automatically filter and set the right gender position for the actors involved in the animation" so sexlab does sort the positions for the animations and I can't tell if it is just doing it wrong or doing it twice. Also this causes debug to behave like it is "supposed" to (PC is back in the receiving role.

The problem is that now I will get lesbian/gay scenes with a male and female actor or straight scene with two female actors.  

Tldr: all mods that call events have swapped positions. Turning off sexlab's sorting causes the positions to be set correctly so it is sexlab causing the problem. (Or at least it's sorting) but now I have two guys rubbing their non-existent vagina's together on occasion.

Still an issue using sexlab romance always seeing men get dicked its kinda shit and says a lot that no one has fixed this