Problem loading game (any game)

Makumba666

Hi,

I have very strange problem indeed. I have quite alot of mods indeed. The problem is Skyrim just do not work properly. I know ways how to find problematic mod, but this is absolutely different. In some cases I am able to load a game, in other (most) cases it is impossible. And game does not een have courtesy to CTD - it simply stays on load screen, infinitely. I've tried to identify problematic mods(s), but with no success. Logs simply give me nothing - there are not errors at the end of them. I've tried to "manually" find problematic mod by turning them on/off, but it is useless too. For example I may have 30 mods installed and first time the game loads successfully, while second, third and fourth time I get infinite loading screen. Ninth time it may load successfully again. The same bunch of mods, the same configuration. I have feeling something is wrong with my game executable or my OS. I've even tried cracked versions of executable, but still with no success.

Any advice?

Check if you can play a little without any mod.

Save, load, resave, restart, reload.

If it works, then one (or more) mods will be the problem.

And, be aware that we DO NOT support cracked versions of the game. Get it from Steam.

Hi,

I have very strange problem indeed. I have quite alot of mods indeed. The problem is Skyrim just do not work properly. I know ways how to find problematic mod, but this is absolutely different. In some cases I am able to load a game, in other (most) cases it is impossible. And game does not een have courtesy to CTD - it simply stays on load screen, infinitely. I've tried to identify problematic mods(s), but with no success. Logs simply give me nothing - there are not errors at the end of them. I've tried to "manually" find problematic mod by turning them on/off, but it is useless too. For example I may have 30 mods installed and first time the game loads successfully, while second, third and fourth time I get infinite loading screen. Ninth time it may load successfully again. The same bunch of mods, the same configuration. I have feeling something is wrong with my game executable or my OS. I've even tried cracked versions of executable, but still with no success.

Any advice?

Please upload your load order, your PC specs and  you use NMM or MO?

This is my load order: http://www.filedropper.com/loadorderskyrim2016-12-03t00-15-59

My PC Spec: Phenom x6, 8gigs memory, GTX960

I use NMM.

P.S. By the way, I've continued experimenting with mods.  First I've added 20 mods, then another 20 an so on. at some point (with about 80 mods) I'e discovered strange effect: at about 20-30 mods game starts CTD when I try to load game - in some cases. For example savegame loads without errors 4 times and game CTD 5 times. But If I add some other mod - namely, for example KS Hairdos HDT - game starts another endless loading screen. This time failure rate is 100%. This is strange, because first I've added non adult mods and tested them and everything appeared to work correctly. I've added sexlab and some other framework mods (zaz animation, creatures etc.) afterwards. That's where infinite loading appeared.  

If this is what I'm thinking of it is a usual experience that we all have. I haven't checked your load list yet but are you using an alternative start mod like escape the cell? Instead of loading directly into a save you want to continue you create a save when the game first loads and then use this to load into the game. From there you can go to another save.

FutaLesbian

No, I am not using any alternative start mod atm. As for you suggestion first to load "clean save" and then actual save game - it may be ok, but you see I had Skyrim installed about 8 or 10 months ago on my PC and everything was working just great. No infinite load, no CTDs - everything worked well. And now I simply can not understand what am doing wrong: mainly I am using same mods I had 10 months ago (except I've added enb and several new adult mods). It's all the same and result is absolutely different. I've tried deactivate all non-adult mods just to check how well sexlab and it's dependencies working  and again - infinite loading screen. I can not see the reason. May be it is something wrong with game exe?

May be it is something wrong with game exe?

No. Infinite loading screens are a result of a mod.

What exactly is hard to say.

Nothing to do with the exe.

I would recommend using:

Tesvedit - you test load the game, and it will show you errors

Loot -- helps with load order and dirty plugins missing data or bad data

Wrye Bash - sorts out overlapping references

PTwrapper -- helps identify problems with saved games

I use MO.  I recommend it a little higher then highly.. :)

CPU is correct.  you have a mod problem.  

Is this a new game or saved game? 

If you loading a saved game after loading 10 mods, you might be overwriting existing data, which locks up skyrim. 

If you are starting a new game, you have a mod conflict on load that skyrim doesn't know what to do.  either a missing id reference, or an id reference that is no longer vaild.  

The longest way to solve the problem is to deactivate all your .esp's and test them by loading in small groups with a new game each time.

If you have added mods and played the game for awhile and decided you didnt like the mod(s) and removed the mod(s) from your load order, the saved game with those missing mod(s) is pretty much unusable, even if you do get it to load, you will have many many ctd's.  And even if you "clean your save"  always trouble at some point.. best to just start a new game if you REMOVE scripted mods. 

Thank you very much dear friends (especially macnchz) - I've managed to load everything at last! 

Indeed it was a mod, not the game executable. Namely extended colors for race menu (this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6923/?).I've downloaded TESEdit and tried to check problematic mods and noticed that the program halted at above mod. I've deactivated it and now everything loads well.

Thanks friends.

Thank you very much dear friends (expecially macnchz) - I've managed to load everything at last! 

Indeed it was a mod, not the game executable. Namely extended colors for race menu (this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6923/?).I've downloaded TESEdit and tried to check problematic mods and noticed that the program halted at above mod. I've deactivated it and now everything loads well.

Thanks friends.

I am glad I could help.  Lots of people helped me on this site, so I am just passing on the Love!  If you could mark this as solved, that would help others too! 

Thank you!

FutaLesbian

No, I am not using any alternative start mod atm. As for you suggestion first to load "clean save" and then actual save game - it may be ok, but you see I had Skyrim installed about 8 or 10 months ago on my PC and everything was working just great. No infinite load, no CTDs - everything worked well. And now I simply can not understand what am doing wrong: mainly I am using same mods I had 10 months ago (except I've added enb and several new adult mods). It's all the same and result is absolutely different. I've tried deactivate all non-adult mods just to check how well sexlab and it's dependencies working  and again - infinite loading screen. I can not see the reason. May be it is something wrong with game exe?

Have you attempted to run a vanilla game and see if the same thing happens or disabled the ENB?

Thank you very much dear friends (expecially macnchz) - I've managed to load everything at last! 

Thanks friends.

I am glad I could help.  Lots of people helped me on this site, so I am just passing on the Love!  If you could mark this as solved, that would help others too! 

Thank you!

Glad that it's all fixed

FutaLesbian

Have you attempted to run a vanilla game and see if the same thing happens or disabled the ENB?

Thanks friends.

Thank you!

Glad that it's all fixed

I am glad that you are glad that it is all fixed.  :)

I was actually having that same exact problem with that same mod, my game use to not load. I had to load a previous save, then load that new save to play until later the save just kept loading forever. Turns out it was that sliders too and I installed it with the all in one HDT vagina, I hope I didn't break anything else by disabling the slider mod only.

Archived