Is there a script I should look for that may keep word walls from working?

Shadowscale

I just had to delete a save game due to word walls from Bleak Falls Barrows refusing to respond (didn't want to bother with the console) where I hear the sounds, but it doesn't light up. Anyone know of what might be blocking it? And will post load order when I get back home.

There are a couple of mods that do that, by disabling or delaying the MQ.

However, in this case it sounds like a vanilla bug. I've had the same thing happen (rarely), where you can hear the chanting but the words don't light up and you don't learn the word. It's never happened in Bleak Falls Barrow for me, but it's intermittent and can probably happen anywhere.

Sorry you deleted the game, I think the only way forward in that case is to use the console to learn the word. At least, I've never seen any other fix for it. Doesn't mean there isn't a fix out there, but I don't know of one besides learning the word via console and advancing any associated quests.

• 3 weeks later...

Found old script files from when I used Skyrim Unbound (swapped back to LAL) which blocked it and the first few quests from registering into the journal. So after finally getting time to get back to Bleakfalls Barrows to test it I can safely say this is now fixed and was a cause of user error.

Archived