Can no longer load savegames from start screen! HELP

Bubbajones_ya

See my EDIT down below!

I made a post in the Skyrim SE section, but figured maybe someone here may have advice on my issue as well.

I was trying to get my Squall Leonhart armor working for Skyrim SE, so I installed that and the SE Creation kit. The shirt and vest caused a CTD when equipping (everything else worked fine), and I can't figure out why.

Anyways, I was going to load my original Skyrim save back up and keep developing my mod with that (and playing Skyrim instead of the SE), but hitting "load" no longer does anything.

The main menu loads up, I can go through all the menues, but in the "Load savegame" or "continue" option, it makes me pick a savegame to load. When I choose the savegame I want to load, it gives me an option to "load" or an option saying "no". If I hit "load", it makes the sound that I clicked on it, but nothing happens. I can hit "no" and go back and choose a different savegame, but I still can't get any savegame to load.

Also, I can't exit the 'load savegame' menu once it's up, so I have to alt-tab out of Skyrim in order to exit the game.

I didn't install any new mods or edit my mod since last playing. The only big thing I did was install Skyrim SE and the SE Creation kit, so I'm thinking this may be interfering with loading somehow but I don't know how!

Has anyone had the "load" option not work for you? If so, how did you go about fixing it?

Thank you for any help!

EDIT:

After writing this, I tried "New Game" which ended up working (load still won't though), but I'm still having issues.

Skyrim doesn't seem to recognize my Keyboard anymore for some reason. It's obviously working (since I'm typing this), but it doesn't work in game! I believe it's partly causing my no load condition. 

I have to figure out why just Skyrim isn't recognizing my keyboard for some reason now...... any ideas?

EDIT2:

I had the mod "continue game no crash" for large load lists enabled (it utilizes the keyboard upon loading). I disabled that and now can load games from the start menu, but the keyboard still does NOT work in game. (It works for anything outside of Skyrim such as the steam overlay and ctr-alt-del stuff.)

Funny thing. I DID restart my computer when trying this (like the first thing I did), but after leaving my computer off last night and trying again this morning. My keyboard works in Skyrim now. I tried messing with the ini files (making sure the controller is disabled), removing some programs, and disabling steam overlay but nothing seemed to work. I just remembered Windows 10 decided it would install updates for me yesterday morning so that probably had something to do with it and messing with the keyboard drivers or something.

Skip the mod "continue game no crash" it creates more problems that is solves. Did try it and it messed up the whole console and menu system.

Remove it. Delete it and run over it whit your car.

Have you validated your files?

Haha, so far I haven't had any issues with it pretty much (only once or twice did it not load!) I have about 280 mods with 220 esps so I couldn't get into saves that I had a decent amount of time on. My workaround was loading a beginning save, then loading my other saves (that seemed to always work.) It appears this mod just console loads you into a "safe room" very quickly then loads your file.

Anyways, I may keep it off now though.

I would try a different keyboard if I was you just to make sure.

About the armor crashing SE is probably an incompatible skeleton.

I was thinking that as well (and it probably is something to do with this), but I used the same skeleton for the pants/boots when I modeled them as the shirt/jacket. However, the pants/boots I don't think use less bones so maybe they don't have any incompatibility between different skeletons (if that is the case since I just grabbed the skeleton in my data folder without checking if it was stock or not.)

Archived