Cannot get FNIS working

RevansHeir

I am trying to run FNIS out of MO, but generating the FNIS for user in MO's folder gives me this

">>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<

FNIS Behavior V6.3   10/5/2016 6:48:30 AM
Skyrim: ??.?? - c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: C:\Users\Darke_000\Desktop\Mod Organizer v1_3_11-1334-1-3-11\ModOrganizer\mods\Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users.<<"

But when I run generator from Skyrim Data, it does not load either, because it is loading into vanilla skyrim.

Please help this uneducated modder become educated.

I am trying to run FNIS out of MO, but generating the FNIS for user in MO's folder gives me this

">>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<

FNIS Behavior V6.3   10/5/2016 6:48:30 AM
Skyrim: ??.?? - c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: C:\Users\Darke_000\Desktop\Mod Organizer v1_3_11-1334-1-3-11\ModOrganizer\mods\Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users.<<"

But when I run generator from Skyrim Data, it does not load either, because it is loading into vanilla skyrim.

Please help this uneducated modder become educated.

Take a look at the STEP guide linked in my sig.  It has info specifically on how to install FNIS and set it up to run properly.  Simple hint - you install FNIS into Mod Organizer just the same way you would any other mod.  It's only the execution of the exe that really has any special instructions.

maybe you installed mod organizer in your DESKTOP???

C:\Users\Darke_000\Desktop\Mod Organizer v1_3_11-1334-1-3-11\ModOrganizer\mods

because c:\users is your users folders.. and presume Darke_000 is your username.. and Desktop of course all know.. 

and Mod Organizer v1_3_11-1334-1-3-11 is the version of the program and is a folder in your desktop.. and ModOrganizer must be the folder that have ModOrganizer.exe and appear is INSIDE your deskop

the folder that have ModOrganizer.exe must be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer and if you have it inside your DESKTOP you have a bad installation and can have a lot of problems...

un-install your mod organizer and make new installation from cero in the correct folder... i recomend you use the INSTALLER version of the download..

The first thing you need to do is to move Skyrim or MO outside from the UAC-protected system C:\Program Files(x86) folder and reinstall FNIS then generate FNIS behavior files from a new Skyrim\Data folder.

Another thing you can do is to install FNIS outside of MO by using Wrye Bash (not running Wrye Bash from MO), but I'm not sure if that works or not.

because c:\users is your users folders.. and presume Darke_000 is your username.. and Desktop of course all know.. 

and Mod Organizer v1_3_11-1334-1-3-11 is the version of the program and is a folder in your desktop.. and ModOrganizer must be the folder that have ModOrganizer.exe and appear is INSIDE your deskop

the folder that have ModOrganizer.exe must be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer and if you have it inside your DESKTOP you have a bad installation and can have a lot of problems...

un-install your mod organizer and make new installation from cero in the correct folder... i recomend you use the INSTALLER version of the download..

This could be the problem, I will reinstall it and get back to you.

Did you use MO to install FNIS and launch it as a executable in MO ( EVERYTHING IS DONE WITH MO BTW, NO EXTERNAL INSTALLTION )

Yes, I did.

Trying the installer gets me this error.

post-1100229-0-57170500-1475731752_thumb.png

Archived