Importing Nif into Blender problem, help

Varamayne

Basically I just want to edit a piece of body armour so that the corset and pants would be separate(so I'm assuming I need to go through the process of breaking the original armour into two twice, deleting one part). 

The mod in question - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25852/?

I've tried following 4 different guides on how to import a nif into Blender but it simply isn't working for me, python keeps giving me a script error no matter what I do. I tried to import something else, like a body_1.nif but i still get errors. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, and it is really bugging me.

Here's the steps that I take:

1. Open cuirass_1 in nifscope.
2. change user version from 12 to 11 and user version 2 from 83 to 34 in the header.
3. highlight all the  BSLightingShaderProperty parts, Block > Remove Branch
4. Save as..
5. Try to import the nif into 2.49 blender, get a python error http://i.imgur.com/7xAg0Ko.png
6. repeat steps 1-5 and try to figure out what the hell went wrong
7. try not to cry
8. cry alot

This is driving me nuts, help. D:

I can import the mesh with no problem. Maybe something with your blender and/or niftools version is wrong ? what versions are you using?

I attached the prepared mesh so you can test it. If you can't import it we know blender is the problem otherwise, you made some mistake in preparing the mesh for import.

attachicon.gifcuirass_1.nif

Hey, yeah, shortly after I made the thread I tested an earlier version of Nifskope that isn't an alpha and what do you know, it works like a charm.

... except now I'm stumped as to how to actually do this properly. As in, all I want is to just remove the top and leave the pants which seems easy, i just highlight the verticles and delete them but then comes the hard part of exporting the nif out of blender properly, and redoing things in nifskope. Do I really have to follow a guide like this http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22771-skyrim-blender-armor-conversion-tutorial-update/

From start to finish or is there an easier way? Granted I bet it isn't that hard once you get the hang of it, its just that I exhausted myself this morning with all the new info on how to do these things at all, so I might just have to sleep on it a day or two.

Exporting is relatively easy. After the export , you change the user versions back to 12 and 83. Then you click on BSdismembermentskininstance and look for the skin partitions and change that to the one the original armor uses. Then you delete all the material files you don't need and copy the bslightingshader branch from the original armor back into your edited version...

If you use blender 2.49 you can use my modified version of the niftools export script, this saves you the part of deleting the unwanted material files...

Edit: when exporting from blender use the fallout 3 preset options.

You could also use outfit studio and just zap the top out using the mask vertice option then brush invert mask next select slider - new zap slider save project then look for it in your bodyslide outfit/body tab select it hit preview then select the zap slider box and the top will be removed.

You could also use outfit studio and just zap the top out using the mask vertice option then brush invert mask next select slider - new zap slider save project then look for it in your bodyslide outfit/body tab select it hit preview then select the zap slider box and the top will be removed.

I tried this and it almost worked! Except that in the game the texture did not show up, the pants were completely white.

By the way, for some reason textures don't show up in my bodyslide at all, I'm guessing that's because I'm using mod organizer?

Exporting is relatively easy. After the export , you change the user versions back to 12 and 83. Then you click on BSdismembermentskininstance and look for the skin partitions and change that to the one the original armor uses. Then you delete all the material files you don't need and copy the bslightingshader branch from the original armor back into your edited version...

If you use blender 2.49 you can use my modified version of the niftools export script, this saves you the part of deleting the unwanted material files...

Edit: when exporting from blender use the fallout 3 preset options.

I'll try it again at some point but the blender method is really frying my brain right now.

Not sure on the white color. All other beth games purple = missing textures/texture path wrong. White I have no clue on. I don't use MO so I have no clue on that part. For my skyrim game I have outfit studio in the normal game if something renders in nifskope then it'll render fine in outfit studio when the mesh is loaded into it.

I can import the mesh with no problem. Maybe something with your blender and/or niftools version is wrong ? what versions are you using?

I attached the prepared mesh so you can test it. If you can't import it we know blender is the problem otherwise, you made some mistake in preparing the mesh for import.

attachicon.gifcuirass_1.nif

May I ask you to share the original file, so that I could copy all the properties when exporting and getting back to NifSkope?

I tried this and it almost worked! Except that in the game the texture did not show up, the pants were completely white.

open the nif, right click on the mesh, edit uv

if there's no uv, that's because you didn't gave a material to the mesh in blender before exporting

if there's an uv, it's something else you have forgot

Archived