WickedWhims v180a [2024-05-20]

On 9/22/2021 at 1:19 AM, Sandatharius said:

The guy admitted he was using a cracked copy of the game. Check the posts.

But never disclosed whether or not he has paid for a copy of the game, at least that I saw. One can have it purchased and in fears of rumored bans (or because using old mods/mod versions), instead use a backup copy. There's nothing wrong with that. That is the legal definition of torrents; backups.

He also wrote it after the accusations were brought up by others. He never brought up the topic of piracy, only asked for a specific version.

Not a fan that accusations start flying as soon as someone only asks if anyone has an outdated version of something to share, as the reasons can be several. 

On 9/22/2021 at 9:36 AM, DarkAudit said:

It costs nothing to keep a legally acquired game up to date. To go a year without updating to the current patch is on them.

...and I personally loathe origin's auto-update that doesn't even allow me to boot the game anymore unless I update.
When I just wanna play and not risk installing several mods again after the game has updated, it'd be nice to opt out.
This is one of the very reasons I've thought about using a cracked copy, even after having bought the game;
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Staying with my mods, my world and not needing updates for a year would be a non-issue and still wouldn't mean I'm doing something that needs to be accused of being illegal.

Anyway, enough about the topic. I don't want to prolong and maintain a topic that you guys opened up any longer. Sure, maybe the guy is a pirate. Could be. I just think that the forum shouldn't go as far as to try and assume intent from old-version-talk when trying to skirt around piracy. In my opinion we should just keep it from being a topic and whatever a single individual does with versions of mods is entirely up to them - and it's cool if they only ever discuss versions of mods without promoting piracy. Why judge? Even more absurd to judge one "of our own" in defense of a borderline predatory dev/publisher. It does more to harm our community than defend their lined pockets.

Like I said, the beauty of mods is that we can choose what to use. It doesn't mean I promote or encourage piracy though (I don't).. just that in modding, old version builds are very much viable, if I'm not intending to go with the plans of the developer, but the vision my mods built.
Hell I had so many mods in Skyrim back in the day I did NOT update the damn thing because whatever the update added would not have been worth more than keeping my mods in fully working order and yes, I have paid for the game. Several times by now.

Oh and no disrespect/argument or insult intended with any of this either :)

Luckily the forced update that made me curse a plenty yesterday when all I wanted to do was continue playing, didn't break anything seemingly.

Still. I do quite hate updates. Infact, if it cost something to opt out of forced updates in my bought copy, I'd pay the fee.

Edited by KNiles

There are two steadfast camps on the subject of software piracy. The people that partake/don't care about it and the people who are against it.

All this back and forth exchanging of posts in a thread about Wicked Whims is not going to change anyone's stance on the subject. Please drop it or take it somewhere else.

There's one thing that's very clear on the subject. Cracked games and the support of cracked games is against the rules around here. It doesn't matter whether you're trying to be a helpful person or a rebel in support of piracy.

16 minutes ago, KNiles said:

Why judge? Even more absurd to judge one "of our own" in defense of a borderline predatory dev/publisher. It does more to harm our community than defend their lined pockets.

I'm going to make a totally neutral statement for you.

Theft is theft. It doesn't matter who you're stealing from. It's like having rich, evil neighbors next door and ripping them off and then going to a court of law and proclaiming that they deserved it because they're rich and evil. Now THAT'S absurd.

The result: you end up being someone's prison bitch.

Now let's move on, shall we.

6 hours ago, KNiles said:

Still. I do quite hate updates. Infact, if it cost something to opt out of forced updates in my bought copy, I'd pay the fee.

If you enable offline mode it won't download updates unless you disable it again. The only problem is that it won't let you access the gallery, it's like playing without internet

Edited by Vampiressa
3 hours ago, Vampiressa said:

If you enable offline mode it won't download updates unless you disable it again. The only problem is that it won't let you access the gallery, it's like playing without internet

I always copy the game files, then update.

Then i can always go back to the previous game version.

+ I always play offline anyway, unless i wanna grab some stuff from the gallery (which is not often).

The one thing no-one seems to remember is = Turn auto update off! ?

14 minutes ago, B10HAZARD. said:

I always copy the game files, then update.

Then i can always go back to the previous game version.

+ I always play offline anyway, unless i wanna grab some stuff from the gallery (which is not often).

The one thing no-one seems to remember is = Turn auto update off! ?

The right way to do it. Cheers :)

so was there ever a version for 177.131.1030? unless i'm missing it this is one of the few mod sites i've ever seen without a area where you can get previous versions of the mods.

i don't have the internet speed for updates as is i'm going to have to transfer the mod to my computer on usb stick (don't ask rofl)

Edited by dragonova
1 minute ago, dragonova said:

so was there ever a version for 177.131.1030? unless i'm missing it this is one of the few mod sites i've ever seen without a area where you can get previous versions of the mods.

i don't have the internet speed for updates as is i'm going to have to transfer the mod to my computer on usb stick (don't ask rofl)

I don't know what WW version is compatible with that old game version, if you find out let me know by a PM as i probably have it.

But you would be better getting an updated game version, you could always update your game using a friends PC.

Outdated versions have no support on here, just so you know.

3 hours ago, dragonova said:

Dude, visit turbodrivers website. He has older versions of his mod there for download.

Search the web. Or, i am kind. 

WickedWhims by TURBODRIVER (itch.io)

Edited by wutpickel
11 minutes ago, ioawdfv said:

Never knew we could download the older versions, cause the link only shows it is older version, but it doesn't actually/technically have older version to download.

Am I wrong?

I think i was wrong as i thought i remember that i did download once an older version. It appears that any link links to the current version. My mistake.

Greetings

I'm probably wrong asking this here but i guess you could help me

is there a way, with mccc, to put up some make up on your Butler? I mean, you could change the outfit but the default Butler outfit is not on the list and since that is the one outfit the butler is using during their life i was questioning if there is a way to make up the butler.

perhaps i'm off topic cuz this is WW forum, in that case, my apologies

2 hours ago, wutpickel said:

Dude, visit turbodrivers website. He has older versions of his mod there for download.

Search the web. Or, i am kind. 

WickedWhims by TURBODRIVER (itch.io)

i've been on that page before. i don't see any older downloads just a changelog and i don't see any indication of which version i need even if they had it. also like acording to the changelog the update 13 days ago is the first update sience may which is before the version in question of the sims was released. the patch version of sims is on was released in jully so obv the one in may can't be right?

35 minutes ago, B10HAZARD. said:

TD doesn't keep/support older versions, so it's upto the user to save older versions.

For some reason i thought i had dl once an older version than the current. I think i just mixed up something in my head. Perhaps i have Alzheimer already. Though i wonder why? 

15 hours ago, Ghish21 said:

Greetings

I'm probably wrong asking this here but i guess you could help me

is there a way, with mccc, to put up some make up on your Butler? I mean, you could change the outfit but the default Butler outfit is not on the list and since that is the one outfit the butler is using during their life i was questioning if there is a way to make up the butler.

perhaps i'm off topic cuz this is WW forum, in that case, my apologies

I have tried 3 different ways to do it, and both work well. Perhaps there are more, but these two are the ones that i know works: 

1- Get the id of the butler sim. You can do this for example by shift-click on it, the select "wicked", and then "sim information". You can do it also with console commands. Then just open the console and write: sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas ID  , where ID is the id number of the sim. You will get to cas and there you can modify whatever you want in the career outfit. As far as i know and as far as i have tried it work for all career outfits. 

2- Use "role outfits disabled" by Bienchen. One of the modules is to disable the butler outfit. The butler will use his/her everyday outfit instead. Then simply give him/her the outfit you want, make up etc...

3- Only if you use MCCC: Click on the butler, "select mc command center", select "sims commands", select "modify in cas". If the butler is wearing the career outfit you will be able to modify this way. I do not know if this way works all the time or for all the career outfits, but you can try it and its very easy and fast to do.

All these ways are easy and work fine, but like i said, there are probably other ways to do it differently ?

Edited by babuchas
1 hour ago, babuchas said:

I have tried 3 different ways to do it, and both work well. Perhaps there are more, but these two are the ones that i know works: 

1- Get the id of the butler sim. You can do this for example by shift-click on it, the select "wicked", and then "sim information". You can do it also with console commands. Then just open the console and write: sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas ID  , where ID is the id number of the sim. You will get to cas and there you can modify whatever you want in the career outfit. As far as i know and as far as i have tried it work for all career outfits. 

2- Use "role outfits disabled" by Bienchen. One of the modules is to disable the butler outfit. The butler will use his/her everyday outfit instead. Then simply give him/her the outfit you want, make up etc...

3- Only if you use MCCC: Click on the butler, "select mc command center", select "sims commands", select "modify in cas". If the butler is wearing the career outfit you will be able to modify this way. I do not know if this way works all the time or for all the career outfits, but you can try it and its very easy and fast to do.

All these ways are easy and work fine, but like i said, there are probably other ways to do it differently ?

Thank you so much mate, i Will try It as soon as i can! ?

On 9/13/2021 at 5:50 PM, Chlodwig said:

So we got the new casual Nudity Lottrait

And now  I got the Question whats  is the diffrence between the "casual Nudity" Lottrait from WW and the  Sims Island Living Add On "No Clothes Required" Lottrait

Because I'm not sure if I should keep that Island Living one or exchange it with the new Casual Nudity from WW ?

I did a bit of experimenting with this.

Clothing Optional as a lot trait seems to encourage changing to the nude outfit, which is a behaviour which is built into The Sims 4. It doesn't seem to encourage undressing via Naturism/Exhibitionist skill and the Nudist Enthusiast trait.

The Casual Nudity lot trait encourages undressing even for Sims who don't have the Nudist Enthusiast trait.

The Nudist Hangout lot trait allows Sims who don't already have the Nudist Enthusiast trait to gain it slowly over time.

You could combine Casual Nudity and Nudist Hangout on one lot.

Undressing on lots without any of these lot traits checks first to see if a Sim has the Nudist Enthusiast trait (there is a toggle for all Sims to have this trait) and then their Naturism/Exhibitionist skill versus the situation to see if they would be comfortable enough to undress.

Keep in mind that without having one or two green checks in 'Random No Context Undressing Autonomy' Sims won't undress on their own, but they might leave their clothes off if there are specific Occurrence Specifics partly or fully checked in Nudism Settings e.g. Random Missing Towel.

8 hours ago, babuchas said:

I take this Path and everything worked perfectly, thanks again ??