WickedWhims v180a [2024-05-18]

2 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

Patch dropped this afternoon with barely 15 minutes notice. Thanks to third shift, it was right as I was going to bed. Just waking up now. From the looks of things it doesn't seem to have done too much damage?

Doesn't appear to have any impact. MCC and other mods are reporting as still working with today's patch.

I've been having an odd issue that, it seems, is actually being caused by WickedWhims. (I disabled and re-enabled various mods to find the issue.)

If a human Sim becomes a mermaid, they will have no fins when they swim (which is to say: their torsos will just end when they're in the water. No legs, no fins, no nothing.) Indeed, it seems a Sim made while WickedWhims is active (provided they're created as a human and become a mermaid later) will never have fins in the water, even if WickedWhims is deactivated. (But human sims created while WickedWhims is not active will still not have fins if made mermaids while it is.)

Yes, you can fix it at a dresser. Still an issue though.

No issues with mermaids who are created as mermaids.

9 hours ago, bugmenot said:

I'm not an expert for that, however there is a mod that may help you. Better Exceptions by TwistedMexi. When a mod generates exceptions, it tries to tell you which one caused it. 

If that doesn't work, then maybe something is actually wrong with your save file. Have you tried making a new game with different sims, saving it, then loading it in? If that works, it's probably something wrong with that specific save file.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/better-major-26712505

yes i have tried with a new save file and still gives me a crash, i'll try the mod you told me thanks, also if you happen to know about other forums dedicated to solving problems regarding ctd and mods please do tell me

On 11/23/2019 at 11:33 AM, procian said:

Your WW needs updating it's 147e now.....are you using the new colonel nutty mods?

when I hand over the 145e version I no longer have this notification and my animations function but I'm no longer sex?

145f I do not have the animations anymore. But I do not have the notification which takes care of every second

10 hours ago, Elllollos said:

i thought i had, i placed the november 22 update in my mods folder, unziping it

No idea what you did, but maybe you should check for duplicates. It happened to me once, a copy of the mod ended up in the wrong folder and the two conflicting versions caused havoc in my game. 

2 hours ago, carnation77 said:

No idea what you did, but maybe you should check for duplicates. It happened to me once, a copy of the mod ended up in the wrong folder and the two conflicting versions caused havoc in my game. 

i just chequed that and in fact i did had duplicates, but nevertheless my game keeps crashing when loading a household it says when i load a new game error 140:695 and that the possible cause is wwutilities, but it puts it in a strange way and i can't delete that file

I have a question about the attractiveness system...I understand what it does, however, does automatically work with all sims? My game generates more sims as space becomes available, will WW detect the new sims and generate attractiveness for them?

Also, does someone have any realistic WW settings they're willing to share?

Hey, I have a problem.

If I use this Mod, I have problems with the ingame Time and Stuff. Its not possible to play.
The Time stops and lags. I have to click pause and play that anything happens but after maybe 1-2 Ingame minutes the time lags again. The Sims cant to things.

I have this Problems nearly on all properties.

What could that be?

My computer is not weak. I dont think that should be the problem. Normally I play the sims on ultra settings, but to low the settings doesnt serve the problem.

3 hours ago, Elllollos said:

i just chequed that and in fact i did had duplicates, but nevertheless my game keeps crashing when loading a household it says when i load a new game error 140:695 and that the possible cause is wwutilities, but it puts it in a strange way and i can't delete that file

You have a ton of mods.
What I would do is remove the Mods folder, delete the whickeperversionsmod and the wickedwhimsmod folders inside the saves folder, delete the cache files, repair the game in Origin and reload it to see if it still CtD.
Then, if the game loads (and I see no reason why it shouldn't), I would start adding mods back one by one starting with the main script mods like WP and WW then moving to minor script mods and finally to normal mods (I keep buy, build and CAS CCs in dedicated folders, so it is easier for me to check them) and see what happens. 

Spoiler

repair.png.e1f8720f6bf1630b7cbab53cffbd8898.png

18 hours ago, Elllollos said:

yes i have tried with a new save file and still gives me a crash, i'll try the mod you told me thanks, also if you happen to know about other forums dedicated to solving problems regarding ctd and mods please do tell me

There was a recent Sims 4 update that addressed something about corrupted game saves. Not sure if that's what caused your issue, but hopefully it is (because then it will be fixed with the update now)

So, I have two questions. I tried looking through the changelogs, but might have missed if they already addressed it:

• The cuckquean trait used to make my sims ignore if their partners flirted or used romantic interactions with others. I assumed this was part of the trait. A recent update seems to have changed this?
  • Is it possible to have the cuckold/cuckquean trait proc the "love watching partner have sex with someone else", even though said partner has the player trait?

Basically, I thought that I could equip a sim with the Player trait so that their partner wouldn't get mad about the flirting and romance interactions, but maintain the partner receiving the Cuckquean mood booster. Instead, it seems as if the Player trait prevents the Cuckquean mood booster from appearing.

On 11/24/2019 at 8:06 AM, Downloader said:

Yes and no, you used to be able to just convert the package file fine like any other mod but something changed in the last few versions of WW where the converted original pack will not allow the game to load at all, if instead you extract the textures to a new package, convert those then load them on top (due to load ordering) it works, see here for detail.

The packs I linked above still work, at least for now as no new textures have been added since I made them to my knowledge, unless WW goes native HQ compatible I'll continue to try to make up to date packages available in this manner.  

i tried it and has worked for me.. thank you dude.. and i hope you'll update these files..

7 hours ago, Elllollos said:

"that file" isn't a file that exists on its own, wwutilities only comes with WickedPets or KinkyWhims. If you have the game running, you can't delete most things from your Mods folder, including those two mods.

If you are getting errors with that in them, then that means you are using the wrong Wicked Whims version with WP and KW.

I don't have plans to update for the latest WW until the end of the week, so you could either remove those two mods if you want to use the latest WW version, or use the correct version of WW alongside them, which is listed in the Requirements section of each of their descriptions.

On 11/25/2019 at 7:50 PM, Crypto34 said:

Any chance that links to older versions of WickedWhims could be left behind? Things like Wickedpets can't keep up with the rapid patch releases and the older versions of WickedWhims (1.47c specifically) still seem to work with the latest update to Sims 4 and are needed for those mods. Just a suggestion for availability and compatibility sake, love your work!

You can turn off auto-updates and that will let you bypass updating your game, so you can still play until all of your mods are updated. 

ETA: Turbo's patrons, unless he's changed it, have access to a select amount of previous releases, but that's the only way to get them. 

5 hours ago, carnation77 said:

You have a ton of mods.
What I would do is remove the Mods folder, delete the whickeperversionsmod and the wickedwhimsmod folders inside the saves folder, delete the cache files, repair the game in Origin and reload it to see if it still CtD.
Then, if the game loads (and I see no reason why it shouldn't), I would start adding mods back one by one starting with the main script mods like WP and WW then moving to minor script mods and finally to normal mods (I keep buy, build and CAS CCs in dedicated folders, so it is easier for me to check them) and see what happens. 

Reveal hidden contents

repair.png.e1f8720f6bf1630b7cbab53cffbd8898.png

i guess i have no choice but to add them one by one starting from the most recent and updated ones, thanks

On 11/25/2019 at 6:50 PM, Crypto34 said:

Any chance that links to older versions of WickedWhims could be left behind? Things like Wickedpets can't keep up with the rapid patch releases and the older versions of WickedWhims (1.47c specifically) still seem to work with the latest update to Sims 4 and are needed for those mods. Just a suggestion for availability and compatibility sake, love your work!

I have several older versions of Wicked Whims.  Unfortunately I don't have 1.47c.  I have 147a, 147b, and 147e as well as a couple of 145s and 143s.   I have older versions of lots of different animations and mods since you never know if you're going to need them.  Anyway, let me know if you need any of them and I'll send you a copy.

8 hours ago, bugmenot said:

There was a recent Sims 4 update that addressed something about corrupted game saves. Not sure if that's what caused your issue, but hopefully it is (because then it will be fixed with the update now)

thanks to ypur suggestion my game finally worked! it loads even faster but still shows error 140:645, nevertheless the game is in a completely playable state, thanks!!

I updated my Wicked Whims to 147f a few days ago but occasionally while playing I'm getting a popup that says my version is outdated and still on 147e. I didn't leave any files in the folder I wasn't supposed to when I updated but tried updating again just in case - it still seems to happen every once and a while. I don't have any outdated or duplicate versions of WW and my folder looks like this so I'm not sure what's causing it.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I was mistaken and the mod updated since then or maybe I just imagined the whole thing lmfao. My mistake! :sweat_smile:

14 minutes ago, Felicat82 said:

@lovinglylewd Your image link doesn't work, maybe try posting the image itself instead?

@prolavn It'll just put the update back when you redownload the game.  Your image is broken, too, try imgur to upload it.

https://imgur.com/a/Zq54nI9 my image

On my sims they constantly are refusing to have sex with each other. Even when I restarted my game, uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it. I went to the setting and hit always allow but it keeps saying they refused to have sex