WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

hey. i think the new toddler update patched the wicked whims. it shows up in the mods in the main intro screen but when i get in the game none of the wicked options appear. i have both of the mod options on in the menu. al my other mods wirk except wicked, anyone else having this problem?

I have the same problem. I also cant save my game at all

loaded the game, had an update, was like me whatever, then I realized mods were turned off, turned them back on loaded my game and realized I couldn't select any of my sims and I their portraits were not on the left corner. left game, turned off mods then loaded back on, everything was fine but no mods. I'm just glad my save wasn't corrupted, just need for the wickedwhims update, until then just gotta keep mod scripts/mods turned off.

I'm just saying that I've been downloading and modding The Sims games for over a decade now and the *tried and true* way to avoid problems when updating is to remove mods when updating your game.  You can say it's nonsense all you want, but I removed my folder before updating and I haven't had a single problem.  Take a peek over on the official forums and you'll see that everyone involved in modding TS4 says the same thing:  Make sure to remove your mods folder before updating your game.

That was never true, the closest was in TS1 and TS2 since mods could not be turned off and TS2 had a somewhat "nasty" way of handling expansions ... if you had a fridge and got seasons then it would not work with the seasons mechanics, then if it was updated for Season people that didnt had to use the previous versions and most modders werent going to keep track of every possible expansion combo and make versions for it, TS3 introduced the "turn off mods" because despite being told to remove the mod folder because of possible incompatibilities people didnt and then complained about the either either endless loading or some things not working so, they added the option and then made it mandatory because even that way, people would not do and then complain about the game being broken.

Moving the mods folder ceased to be a thing since TS3 and it was only a thing because people are fucking stupid, anyone with a brain did so because they knew things might be broken due to updated game logic, Seasons for example "broke" fridges because of new recipes and since since they were stored on the fridge data itself it mean all CC fridges had to be updated, of course if you lacked seasons having a Seasons Fridge would then break it because it had data the game could not understand.

I been here since Sims 1, I know why we moved the Mods Folder and why there is no reason in TS4 to do it since its not TS1 or TS2, the way it handles data is set in a way CC usually doesnt need to be updated to work with newer patches, scripting mods are entirely different things since they can potentially hang the game from loading but there is no way to know the impact unless trying to load the game with it, people should keep track of what they download and check for incompatibilities, moving the Mod folder and putting it back will change nothing, its breaking the game logic because its incompatible its going to do it REGARDLESS until its updated, patching never ever touches the mod folder for the obvious reason, there is NOTHING to patch  there, there are NO files there to patch outside the Resource.cfg that you arent supposed to edit in the first place, only tume they touched that file was back in TS3 when they changed it to support subfolders, something people already did by editing it.

I normally turn off automatic update but was too excited for the toddlers today. Just like everyone else, all of my mods are compatible with this update but not the TurboDriver Wicked Whims, I can't interact with anything and my sims portrait is gone. Any status on when this mod is going to be updated?? Thank you for sharing such an excellent mod :)

hey. i think the new toddler update patched the wicked whims. it shows up in the mods in the main intro screen but when i get in the game none of the wicked options appear. i have both of the mod options on in the menu. al my other mods wirk except wicked, anyone else having this problem?

I have the same problem. I also cant save my game at all

loaded the game, had an update, was like me whatever, then I realized mods were turned off, turned them back on loaded my game and realized I couldn't select any of my sims and I their portraits were not on the left corner. left game, turned off mods then loaded back on, everything was fine but no mods. I'm just glad my save wasn't corrupted, just need for the wickedwhims update, until then just gotta keep mod scripts/mods turned off.

Seconded, appears to have totally disabled all features.

Although this toddlers update is kinda cool and all, going back to vanilla (essentially because we don't have WW for the time being) feels so bland... At least we have something to look forward to in a couple of weeks. I just hope for my sims sake that vampires don't use their teeth when blowing haha  :P

Guest Redabyss

Guys, to me everything checks fine and dandy, and my game is even in Italian, and I forgot to delete two TS4SCRIPT files, albeit very minor (Teleport Any Sim and No More Relationship Culling). Not to mention, I didn't remove the Mod folder when updating, albeit it would be safer to do it.

As I said, the only problem would be I can't use any object with new WW.

Hey Everyone,

Is there any news on how the update is coming along for WickedWhims 1.1.2.075?

I have noticed that a couple of people have it up running already. Am I just looking in the wrong place, or should I just be a little less impatient??

All the best.

Hey Everyone,

Is there any news on how the update is coming along for WickedWhims 1.1.2.075?

I have noticed that a couple of people have it up running already. Am I just looking in the wrong place, or should I just be a little less impatient??

All the best.

That 'couple of people' are patreon supporters and use the patreon version.

They are throwing at least $4,95 in TURBODRIVERs general direction per month and get a version which is for all intents and purposes a sneak peak and featurewise is a couple of weeks further than the free version here on LoversLab.

This version gets updated first (as it's money involved) and the free version gets updated after.

Feature Updates are as said couple of weeks apart but Bugfixes (and accounting for the Toddler Update IS a Bugfix) are quite fast.

Patience Young Padawan.

Anyone who has the 1.1.2.075 from patreon, how is it running so far, any bugs?  It would give some an idea on if it this is going to be a quick fix or may take a couple days.

Also for the record, if you have Cmar's nude male and female patch, you are going to have a problem with it as well with the toddler update.  Only with the males so far that I have noticed.  I left a message post on Sexysims for him, if anyone else notices others they may mention it there as well.