WickedWhims v180a [2024-05-20]

• TURBODRIVER changed the title to WickedWhims v175d [2023-03-24]

If you haven't patched your game yet...

WAIT.

The patch seems to have introduced a new bug that's a dealbreaker for a lot of people: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Face-Bug-Eyes-and-mouth/td-p/12486735

You should already have auto updates off, but if you tell the EA app/Origin to "Go offline", you should still be able to play. You just won't have access to online features like the gallery.

5 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

WAIT.

The patch seems to have introduced a new bug that's a dealbreaker for a lot of people: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Face-Bug-Eyes-and-mouth/td-p/12486735

You should already have auto updates off, but if you tell the EA app/Origin to "Go offline", you should still be able to play. You just won't have access to online features like the gallery.

Wish I'd seen this before launching the game last night. Now all of my Sims are cross-eyed and have distorted faces around their eyes. Typical of EA, who don't seem to play-test patches to see if they've created more problems with patches that are supposed to fix issues. 

29 minutes ago, Sandatharius said:

Wish I'd seen this before launching the game last night. Now all of my Sims are cross-eyed and have distorted faces around their eyes. Typical of EA, who don't seem to play-test patches to see if they've created more problems with patches that are supposed to fix issues. 

Sumimasen. I was late to the party and it was more hours still before the problem became widespread.

This patch was more insidious in that it didn't seem to do much to mods, so it led folks into a false sense of security. Then BAM.

Annnnd I got got. My own fault, though.

I bought a new NVMe drive for my laptop last night, and cloned the original, which housed my game files. And after cloning, I played a brief session before installing the new drive. It wasn't until this morning that I tried to play again. The EA app reported that the filed were corrupted and needed repair. Which required me to bring the app back online. And during the repair, it also patched.

And I got hit by the caved-in-eyes bug. Eww.

Doesn't look like I took a hit on the mod front, though. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

I recently got the Sims 4 for free and of course installed this before even playing. But I have a question, I tried searching but couldn't find a answer. I know some of the expanded animations have MF anal animations, does this not come with any? I ask because when in sex, when i open the menu to change positions etc it never lists anal as a option.

12 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

Why won't you have access to the gallery? First you tell the EA app/Origin to "Go offline", start the game and then immediately after start up again go online. All online features will be available in the game.

Edited by Petr54
16 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

WAIT.

I think the patch broke some of the sliders or presets, as I had the face issue when I got on after the update, and it also seemed to 'squish' the middle of the character bodies (belly buttons gone, and genital regions were likewise effected). But changing to another preset fixed the issues, also the modded presets I had used prior are no longer in the list.

4 hours ago, Petr54 said:

Why won't you have access to the gallery? First you tell the EA app/Origin to "Go offline", start the game and then immediately after start up again go online. All online features will be available in the game.

Hmm. Never tried to see if that would work.

6 hours ago, nutluck said:

I recently got the Sims 4 for free and of course installed this before even playing. But I have a question, I tried searching but couldn't find a answer. I know some of the expanded animations have MF anal animations, does this not come with any? I ask because when in sex, when i open the menu to change positions etc it never lists anal as a option.

If you didn't download any other animations, your options will be SEVERELY limited. There are too many good animators to list, especially in my haven't-had-coffee-yet state. Find one with scenarios you like, download and install to your mods folder.

9 hours ago, nutluck said:

There are lots of excellent animators to choose from. I recommend creators such as MOTHERLODESIMS (a good one to start off with, has a ton of animations, anal included) , Anarcis, Mike24, Azmodan. 

9 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

Hmm. Never tried to see if that would work.

It will work. I've done it a thousand times. I see no reason why the networking features won't show up for you after launching offline. The main thing is to go online as soon as you start the game. If you go in before starting TS4_x64.exe, it won't work.

12 hours ago, Paladin187 said:

I think the patch broke some of the sliders or presets, as I had the face issue when I got on after the update, and it also seemed to 'squish' the middle of the character bodies (belly buttons gone, and genital regions were likewise effected). But changing to another preset fixed the issues, also the modded presets I had used prior are no longer in the list.

Yeah the patch broke some of the in-game sliders.

It also broke how teeth appears (front teeth overlap each other).

And from what I read yesterday the damage is gender related, that is it varies from female body-type sims to male body-type sims.

3 hours ago, Petr54 said:

It will work. I've done it a thousand times. I see no reason why the networking features won't show up for you after launching offline. The main thing is to go online as soon as you start the game. If you go in before starting TS4_x64.exe, it won't work.

When I was using Origin I did this all the time too.

I even posted a video here some time ago because there were simmers who didn't believe it was possible.

No idea if it works with EA App (never tried so far) and with the other platform.

Edited by carnation77

Try doing a file search for "TURBODRIVER" - meaning do it from "This PC" or whatever your whole computer is titled, so it searches everywhere. Or, type in "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_scripts.ts4script" and "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package" for more accurate results.

Edited by Sandatharius
20 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

Try doing a file search for "TURBODRIVER" - meaning do it from "This PC" or whatever your whole computer is titled, so it searches everywhere. Or, type in "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_scripts.ts4script" and "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package" for more accurate results.

That wide of a search won't work because TwistedMexi's Better Exceptions Mod needs to only search the Mods folder as does Windows Explorer search

And SPEAKING OF TwistedMexi's Better Exceptions Mod, this is all it found in the latest Mod scan (If the WW issue TRULY existed, BE would've found it).  I checked everything there & all was fine :D 

250749952_2023-04-20(5).png.3ef6c0c284d3be75e7cccea34bf429e2.png

Edited by PC Naughty Gamer
13 hours ago, PC Naughty Gamer said:

That wide of a search won't work because TwistedMexi's Better Exceptions Mod needs to only search the Mods folder as does Windows Explorer search

And SPEAKING OF TwistedMexi's Better Exceptions Mod, this is all it found in the latest Mod scan (If the WW issue TRULY existed, BE would've found it).  I checked everything there & all was fine :D 

250749952_2023-04-20(5).png.3ef6c0c284d3be75e7cccea34bf429e2.png

Try taking anything out that needs a slider.  I'm using WW with no issues, only took out all the sliders until EA is able to fix the slider bug in game.  Hopefully that will work for you.

2 hours ago, 0PoisonPink0 said:

That won't work, the sliders that cause the face bug are EA's vanilla, not CC. They are working on a fix already

And I'm still able to have my sims have sex if I wanted my sims TO have sex right now (Which I don't) as I still get the Wicked... box whenever I click on places where it's possible to have sex

Edited by PC Naughty Gamer

Sorry, if this was being asked here before, but I have to ask. I just started new game and went to WW settings to import my exported settings. But alas, that option is no longer here! WTH? Why was it removed? I cannot play WW without this option, because setting everything again is so annoying and daunting. Please, brig this back ASAP, so, I can play with WW again ?

HAs anyone been having an issue when Suggestive look happens and after accepting advances, nothing happens? It has only been happening recently and I cant figure out what is causing it. any of yall have any idea what could be causing it? I for the life of me cant figure it out.