WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

39 minutes ago, RozseTww said:

Can I post LE's here? It seems like it's been ages since I've had one so I don't know where to put it.

WickedWhims_v167g_Exception.txt 39.17 kB · 0 downloads

If I recall correctly someone mentioned before that Simdulgence Piercings was broken.

simdulgence_piercings_penis_halfring.py", line 64, in _modded_get_sim_soft_penis_cas_part
  File "E:\! PYTHON\Sims 4 Python Script Workspace\My Script Mods\SimplePiercings\Scripts\simdulgence_piercings_penis_halfring.py", line 95, in convert_penis_ids
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'sim_info'

5 hours ago, huskyog said:

I have followed this tutorial and many others. It still nothing is showing up for me :/.

What's not showing up exactly?

Some specific interactions? No interactions/

Does the mod not appear in the Mod in-game?

• TURBODRIVER changed the title to WickedWhims v169a [2022-04-11]

While performing sex what are the setting to keep make up ( eyelashes ) mine are in the category glasses. 

And with the new save_data_backup  some file are older and duplicate which  one should I delete ? I still have my file WickedWhimsMod in the saves file and the dates are older.. And in the WW mods my settings are there and are ok.

Edited by Latuda
1 hour ago, Latuda said:

While performing sex what are the setting to keep make up ( eyelashes ) mine are in the category glasses. 

And with the new save_data_backup  some file are older and duplicate which  one should I delete ? I still have my file WickedWhimsMod in the saves file and the dates are older.. And in the WW mods my settings are there and are ok.

the glasses ones are technically accessorizes not make up. so you cant use the new remove all option. also in nudity/undressing/ advanced/complete/ make sure it is set to special not default. also in sex settings/interaction/outfit in both the sim and npc categories make sure it is set to auto not complete complete will always remove everything. i wish there was a way to flag thing for never remove since i also use eyelash glasses and some other accessory based makeup.

First. Thank you Turbodriver for your work and constantly adding new things to this mod. I wanted to report that I have been seeing some strange behavior when ending animations since the update yesterday. For lack of a better way to describe it the ending of sex is very slow. In the last few moments of an animation the sims involved will disappear while effects are still playing then suddenly materialize again when the sex ends. This takes a few seconds sometimes, it's not a crisp ending like it has been in previous versions. Sims are also getting stuck in the "sex" state remaining focused. Talking to them after sex reveals their current mood as sex. I had one sim in my household get stuck this way and also have the desire moodlet remain after just having sex. Initiating another WW interaction reset the sim so to speak.

When installing new versions of WW I always delete current WW files, localthumbcache, and avatarcache before replacing and never overwriting.

5 minutes ago, BigBeard said:

When installing new versions of WW I always delete current WW files, localthumbcache, and avatarcache before replacing and never overwriting.

Version 1.69a was a major update and might have some bugs yet.

Best to revert back to your previous version until it's fixed.

I never update WW right after a major version update especially versions (a).

34 minutes ago, BigBeard said:

First. Thank you Turbodriver for your work and constantly adding new things to this mod. I wanted to report that I have been seeing some strange behavior when ending animations since the update yesterday. For lack of a better way to describe it the ending of sex is very slow. In the last few moments of an animation the sims involved will disappear while effects are still playing then suddenly materialize again when the sex ends. This takes a few seconds sometimes, it's not a crisp ending like it has been in previous versions. Sims are also getting stuck in the "sex" state remaining focused. Talking to them after sex reveals their current mood as sex. I had one sim in my household get stuck this way and also have the desire moodlet remain after just having sex. Initiating another WW interaction reset the sim so to speak.

I haven't experienced any of the issues that you're describing since I updated. There could be a mod conflict since some need to be updated after a WW update like this. Nisa's being one of them (I don't have that installed).

3 minutes ago, BatDood said:

I haven't experienced any of the issues that you're describing since I updated. There could be a mod conflict since some need to be updated after a WW update like this. Nisa's being one of them (I don't have that installed).

I have never installed Nisa's. I have a couple small addons, NPCC, and MCCC.

32 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Version 1.69a was a major update and might have some bugs yet.

Best to revert back to your previous version until it's fixed.

I never update WW right after a major version update especially versions (a).

I'm happy to test. WW is the only reason for me to play Sims 4 anymore. Just reporting an issue I'm seeing.

30 minutes ago, BigBeard said:

I'm happy to test. WW is the only reason for me to play Sims 4 anymore. Just reporting an issue I'm seeing.

OK, Cool.

You could always try removing all your Mods/CC and test WW + Animations alone to see if the problem persists.

Delete your localthumbcache.pkg when you add or remove Mods/CC.

If the problem is fixed then you know it's a conflict between WW & something else.

14 hours ago, ADM Ntek said:

the glasses ones are technically accessorizes not make up. so you cant use the new remove all option. also in nudity/undressing/ advanced/complete/ make sure it is set to special not default. also in sex settings/interaction/outfit in both the sim and npc categories make sure it is set to auto not complete complete will always remove everything. i wish there was a way to flag thing for never remove since i also use eyelash glasses and some other accessory based makeup.

I will try this 

@Latuda Is there a particular reason why you use accessory eyelashes instead of skin details?

Skin detail eyelashes are better IMO because you don't have to reapply them for every outfit and you won't need to change any WW setting because skin details always stay on during sex. The only downside is that you can't use different styles for different outfits.

If you use Kijiko's, they have skin detail version available on their page. If you use some others and the creator hasn't provided a skin detail version, you can easily change the category with Sims4Studio.

Edited by 0PoisonPink0

I'm pretty new to Sims 4 and WW in general so I'd like to ask a question regarding animations.

Basically, I played for some time but the animations aren't playing or it gives me a warning that certain animations for that scene doesn't exist. I found out I have to download animations separately. Then I've come across this massive list of recommended animations on the WW site linked inside the game itself. I've downloaded a couple of them and there in lies my question.

Do I just download everything and just install them on the mod folder as normal? I tried unpacking them and there were dozens of files that tried to overwrite each other. Am I supposed to just pick one animation mod author from the list or is there something else I'm missing? Preferably I want to have them all and just pick and choose when I am playing the game but I want to know how the others tackle this so I won't have anything go wrong.

14 hours ago, killatopak said:

I'm pretty new to Sims 4 and WW in general so I'd like to ask a question regarding animations.

Basically, I played for some time but the animations aren't playing or it gives me a warning that certain animations for that scene doesn't exist. I found out I have to download animations separately. Then I've come across this massive list of recommended animations on the WW site linked inside the game itself. I've downloaded a couple of them and there in lies my question.

Do I just download everything and just install them on the mod folder as normal? I tried unpacking them and there were dozens of files that tried to overwrite each other. Am I supposed to just pick one animation mod author from the list or is there something else I'm missing? Preferably I want to have them all and just pick and choose when I am playing the game but I want to know how the others tackle this so I won't have anything go wrong.

animations are installed like any other mod. all you have to do is put the .package file into your mods folder. do not mess with the .package file.

and you can use animations from as many authors as you like.

15 hours ago, 0PoisonPink0 said:

@Latuda Is there a particular reason why you use accessory eyelashes instead of skin details?

Skin detail eyelashes are better IMO because you don't have to reapply them for every outfit and you won't need to change any WW setting because skin details always stay on during sex. The only downside is that you can't use different styles for different outfits.

If you use Kijiko's, they have skin detail version available on their page. If you use some others and the creator hasn't provided a skin detail version, you can easily change the category with Sims4Studio.

True you can use the skin detail version but if you do that you also can't use rings anymore. 

And changing the category doesn't always work I had several occasions where doing that would cause the items not to show in the game.

Edited by ADM Ntek
21 hours ago, 0PoisonPink0 said:

Yes I have KIjiKo's eyelashes ... @0PoisonPink0  It makes sense but I don't know why I moved these eyelashes to this category maybe I needed something in the skin details. Which slot are you using in skin details? 

And surely I must redo all my sims  ? Or they will keep there settings ?

Edited by Latuda
16 hours ago, ADM Ntek said:

True you can use the skin detail version but if you do that you also can't use rings anymore. 

And changing the category doesn't always work I had several occasions where doing that would cause the items not to show in the game.

@ADM Ntek   I've been playing the sims for a long time and just realized this.  ? Should I makeover my sims if I change the category ?

Edited by Latuda
5 hours ago, Latuda said:

Yes I have KIjiKo's eyelashes ... @0PoisonPink0  It makes sense but I don't know why I moved these eyelashes to this category maybe I needed something in the skin details. Which slot are you using in skin details? 

And surely I must redo all my sims  ? Or they will keep there settings ?

I use Kijiko's too. I've got one version that uses the glasses texture slot and other the rings slot. I think I edited them all to change in which skin detail category they were to use one that I reserved for eyelashes. I also edited all my other skin details to make sure that they were in consistent categories because creators put them in different places. For example, all my eyelashes are in "Dimple (Right)" and full skin overlays in "Mole (left lip)" (unless they have freckles or some other thing that would fit a different category better).

Unless EA's changed something since I edited my CC, the sim will still be wearing the eyelashes, but they will be in the old glasses/ring slot and they won't work as they should. You'll need to edit in CAS every sim that uses those eyelashes, remove the old ones and equip the new ones. The removing part is a bit tricky, because they will no longer appear in the accessories tab and simply going into the skin details tab and putting on the recategorized eyelashes won't unequip the old ones, you have to click on the remove glasses/rings/accessories button.

It can be overwhelming at first, but once you've done all that tedious initial part of editing packages and editing existing sims everything is far more simple because, as I said before, you'll only need to equip them once for each sim and also they won't dissappear when the sim is having sex, showering or taking a bath.

22 hours ago, ADM Ntek said:

That isn't entirely correct. Changing the category doesn't change where the textures are mapped, for that you would also need to edit the uvmap, but since TS4 uvmap is very limited in terms of space, the only way to get the eyelashes to not look like a blurry mess is to use the place reserved for the texture of some of the accessories. If the eyelashes texture is mapped on the rings space it will conflict with the rings for obvious reasons, but if it is mapped on the glasses space you will be able to use rings without issues. Also keep in mind that you have to change the category for each swatch or they won't work.

Edited by 0PoisonPink0
6 hours ago, 0PoisonPink0 said:

I use Kijiko's too. I've got one version that uses the glasses texture slot and other the rings slot. I think I edited them all to change in which skin detail category they were to use one that I reserved for eyelashes. I also edited all my other skin details to make sure that they were in consistent categories because creators put them in different places. For example, all my eyelashes are in "Dimple (Right)" and full skin overlays in "Mole (left lip)" (unless they have freckles or some other thing that would fit a different category better).

Unless EA's changed something since I edited my CC, the sim will still be wearing the eyelashes, but they will be in the old glasses/ring slot and they won't work as they should. You'll need to edit in CAS every sim that uses those eyelashes, remove the old ones and equip the new ones. The removing part is a bit tricky, because they will no longer appear in the accessories tab and simply going into the skin details tab and putting on the recategorized eyelashes won't unequip the old ones, you have to click on the remove glasses/rings/accessories button.

It can be overwhelming at first, but once you've done all that tedious initial part of editing packages and editing existing sims everything is far more simple because, as I said before, you'll only need to equip them once for each sim and also they won't dissappear when the sim is having sex, showering or taking a bath.

That isn't entirely correct. Changing the category doesn't change where the textures are mapped, for that you would also need to edit the uvmap, but since TS4 uvmap is very limited in terms of space, the only way to get the eyelashes to not look like a blurry mess is to use the place reserved for the texture of some of the accessories. If the eyelashes texture is mapped on the rings space it will conflict with the rings for obvious reasons, but if it is mapped on the glasses space you will be able to use rings without issues. Also keep in mind that you have to change the category for each swatch or they won't work.

I know it was just an advisement since it can happen. I have seen it happen multiple times. Both methods have their own pros and cons using skin detail is faster and you usually don't have to worry about it getting unequipped but you are also limited to one style for all outfits. Switching category may or may not work i haven't tried it for these but you say it works so yay. Leaves you with the decision of do you use the ones mapped to the classes or the rings. The smartest would probably to have both so you can decide on a per sim basis. I wish this stuff would be labeled in game. I find it sometimes hard to figure out which CC pieces use the same slot. Without manually going thru all the files.

19 minutes ago, ADM Ntek said:

I wish this stuff would be labeled in game. I find it sometimes hard to figure out which CC pieces use the same slot. Without manually going thru all the files.

You're wish is granted. I had this mod recommended to me from a good friend and since I installed it, I wondered how I ever modded my game without it.

It literally gives you a in-game representation of what CC takes up which slots. Must have in my opinion.

Tidy Details

In the Sex interactions pie list I'm no longer seeing the Climax interaction category.  All the others are there, along with the new Context option, but no Climax.  I have the "Climax Sex Interactions" checked.

Edited by merkle
46 minutes ago, merkle said:

In the Sex interactions pie list I'm no longer seeing the Climax interaction category.  All the others are there, along with the new Context option, but no Climax.  I have the "Climax Sex Interactions" checked.

For some reason the Climax option was moved into the new Context section. If you're using it on NPCs, it'll only show up when they're ready, just like before. But for played sims, you still have to locate it there to finish the job manually. Just another menu to dig through. Not sure if it's a feature or a bug though.