View File

Alpha version

This is the first go at Aroused for Fallout 4.

There is no Sextec yet, no storeageUtil and not much in F4SE, so lots and lots of this is dummied up.

There is also no way yet to configure it.

However, you can use sla_arousal faction in your mods you are testing (as well as all the other sla_ factions).

This mostly all works now except that we do not know if the player has had sex, but if you or your companion are naked, you will see the arousal of players around you increase.

You can test this with
getfactionrank xx001ecc

where xx is the mod load order. On my installation with all the dlcs, it is 06

Note:
We consider you naked if you have nothing covering your chest. That differs from Fallout4 which considers you naked only if you have nothing on except rings, helmets and a few other things.

Requirements:

There are no requirements at this point, but Sextec when available will be along with F4SE.

If you install this for testing, make sure you make a save before you do so because you will almost certainly want to uninstall it. There are currently no mods that use it and by itself, it does nothing other than set a few Actor factions which have no affect on the vanilla game.

Installation

Warning!!!!
Make a copy of your latest save (or the save you want to play) before you get started. Give it a name you can recognize. Like Skyrim, Fallout 4 does not do well when you unload a mod and try to continue playing a save.

Install with NMM or MO. Then, follow Gophers instructions here:

This basically tells you to change a couple of files:

Add the following lines to your Fallout4Custom.ini

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Note that there is nothing after sResourceDataDirsFinal=

More complete instructions can be found here
http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

Once this is all done, start your game to the opening menu. Then, before loading your save, click "Mods"

Once the Bethesda mod list is loaded, press T or click "Load Order. On the next screen, you will find "SexTecAroused.esp" listed. There should be a checkmark on it's left side. If not, select it and press "Enter" or click "Enter) Enable". That will put a check mark next to it and the bottom menu will now say "Enter) Disable".

When you have that all done, press Esc which will reload mods and show you the game menu again. You are ready to play again.

Warning!!!!
Make a copy of your latest save (or the save you want to play) before you get started. Give it a name you can recognize. Like Skyrim, Fallout 4 does not do well when you unload a mod and try to continue playing a save. Here is a quote from Bethesda:

Important
Removing mods and continuing to use the same save game is not supported by the game. (For anything, not just scripts)
If you remove a mod you must go back to a save made before the mod was installed.

Uninstallation
Remove using MO or NMM. Delete any saves made after you installed this and then reload the save you made before you install it.

As a programmer it will be very interesting for me to see how naming conventions will appear and shape up. Or simply move seamlessly from older mods to their new iterations.

In this case there is sla_faction which I guess comes from SexLabAroused - the Skyrim mod that is the equivalent of this one.

On one hand we can expect more Skyrim naming patterns to persist in FO4 as modders carry on using them - part out of habit, part because those names are turning into self-sustained words.  I mean in the mind of many LL users - mod authors and mod users alike, "sla" is more like a term for "sexual arousal of the character in a game" than the abbreviations of a specific mod tied to a specific framework developed for a specific game. While "sta" would require some getting used to and somehow feels like an unneeded new word to name something that already has a name.

On the other hand the name of the framework for FO4 will not be the same as the one for FONV and it was pointed out that this decision was made after a discussion among the contributors on the site. And looking back to previous games we can see that the names do not persist between games. So it seems "sta_factions" would be more in line with the way the naming conventions develop here.

There is the fact that STA is not just a mod by itself, but a framework that other mods will use and the naming it uses will have an effect on a wider group of mod authors.

I'm writing all of this not because I have some specific idea of which approach is better but because I'm genuinely curious how things will develop in the next months and because in a nerdy way I'm interested in this kind of things. If you are not feel free to dismiss this post :-)

Names are just names.

You are right in "sla" is the acronym for SeaLab Aroused", but modders are familiar with it, and there is no need to rename it for the Fallout version.

For SexTec, the actual names/codes are:

* stx as main code (equivalent of ssl for SexLab)

* SexTec as preferred name for the framework name (because this is the main quest name, so it will auto fill)

* SexTexFamework as actual script name.

Out of pure curiosity what does the "x" stand for in "stx"? And what does the first "s" stand for in "ssl"?

It is interesting that there is no need to rename "sla" because people are used to it, but the framework is not called SexOut or SexLab - what people are even more used to. Again, I have no personal preferences in this, I'm just curious how it develops.

However I don't agree that "Names are just names". In one of the cases the name is a "namespace" that is always important, in the other is the name of the product which is also always important. But anyway, I'm not looking to "start a fight" , hope no one misreads my post in this way.

As a programmer it will be very interesting for me to see how naming conventions will appear and shape up. Or simply move seamlessly from older mods to their new iterations.

In this case there is sla_faction which I guess comes from SexLabAroused - the Skyrim mod that is the equivalent of this one.

On one hand we can expect more Skyrim naming patterns to persist in FO4 as modders carry on using them - part out of habit, part because those names are turning into self-sustained words.  I mean in the mind of many LL users - mod authors and mod users alike, "sla" is more like a term for "sexual arousal of the character in a game" than the abbreviations of a specific mod tied to a specific framework developed for a specific game. While "sta" would require some getting used to and somehow feels like an unneeded new word to name something that already has a name.

On the other hand the name of the framework for FO4 will not be the same as the one for FONV and it was pointed out that this decision was made after a discussion among the contributors on the site. And looking back to previous games we can see that the names do not persist between games. So it seems "sta_factions" would be more in line with the way the naming conventions develop here.

There is the fact that STA is not just a mod by itself, but a framework that other mods will use and the naming it uses will have an effect on a wider group of mod authors.

I'm writing all of this not because I have some specific idea of which approach is better but because I'm genuinely curious how things will develop in the next months and because in a nerdy way I'm interested in this kind of things. If you are not feel free to dismiss this post :-)

As I noted elsewhere, FO4 papyrus is VERY similar to Skyrim papyrus.  It is for this reason that I chose to keep the existing faction names to make it easier for developers to port their works to FO4.

I am completely open however to changing sla to sta.  It would take me all of 30 seconds.

In particular, we cannot determine if the player is actually naked until we get some F4SE tools.

Might be a dumb question, but since companions comment on player nakedness, couldn't those conditions be used to determine nakedness?

Companions in Fallout 4?  I have never heard anything like that.  I have heard it in Skyrim.  If you have heard this in Fallout 4, let me know the name of the companion and I'll figure it out.

"Followers"

They have some dialogue lines for nudity.

But it is like Skyrim. It works by C++ code.

If you have nothing on body slot 33 then you receive the comments for sure.

P.S. nothing to do with "Skyrim Companions" that are "Werewolves".

In particular, we cannot determine if the player is actually naked until we get some F4SE tools.

Might be a dumb question, but since companions comment on player nakedness, couldn't those conditions be used to determine nakedness?

Companions in Fallout 4?  I have never heard anything like that.  I have heard it in Skyrim.  If you have heard this in Fallout 4, let me know the name of the companion and I'll figure it out.

I have played through FO4 twice  once with Curie and my current one with Piper. both have commented on my nakedness. Pipers quote is "hey Blue, Where are your pants." Piper has another quote but rarer goes like "aren't you cold without your clothes." it is triggered on slot 33 being unequipped.

"Followers"

They have some dialogue lines for nudity.

But it is like Skyrim. It works by C++ code.

If you have nothing on body slot 33 then you receive the comments for sure.

P.S. nothing to do with "Skyrim Companions" that are "Werewolves".

Nothing in followers, but I did find out how they did it.  As mentioned, there is a new condition worncoversbipedslot.  Sadly, there is no papyrus equivalent.

What Beth does is to put a condition on changelocationevent where if biped slot 33 and 36 are empty, they start a quest.  I gonna do the same thing except start it manually when I want to check if the player is naked.  Don't know why I didn't think of this before.

If you want to see how Beth does it, look in SM Event Node -Change Location Event-ChangeLoc_Companions_Branch-CA_PlayerWalkAroundNaked_QuestNode

I'll give that a go tomorrow.

Edit:  For those of you interested, changing locations while naked increases affinity for some companions.

The problem on conditioning on the change location is that it is not triggered when you strip.

That is a problem I am trying to solve right now (but for Skyrim.)

My best option right now is an event catcher (alias) with the events (that are still available for FO4) OnObjectEquipped and OnObjectUnequipped.

The problem on conditioning on the change location is that it is not triggered when you strip.

That is a problem I am trying to solve right now (but for Skyrim.)

My best option right now is an event catcher (alias) with the events (that are still available for FO4) OnObjectEquipped and OnObjectUnequipped.

That works for me in FO4 because I can start and stop the quest based on the condition.  For you however, if you have to know when the thing is unquipped, you would in fact have to do the event in skyrim.  However, in FO4, you can't do OnObjectUnequipped with an empty filter as you can in Skyrim, so that will not work for FO4.

If you just waiting for a single actor to take off their chest piece, it would be a piece of cake to get the formId of what they are wearing and and add that to the filter for unquip.  But, sadly, it only works for Skyrim.

For FO4, I think we are going to need to wait for F4SE to have the getequipped( or whatever it was ashal used for unequipping stuff) function so you can make a formlist for a filter for onunequiped.

In Skyrim, it would be easy generically so long as you don't mind handling endless unrelated OnObjectUnequipped and checking for wornhaskeyword twice.

What this mod doing,i dont understand,its just like sextec but alfa?

Nope.

It is a porting to Fallout 4 of a great mod for Skyrim: Aroused (Redux.)

Right now it does not do too much, but is a start.

• 8 months later...

Note:

We consider you naked if you have nothing covering your chest. That differs from Fallout4 which considers you naked only if you have nothing on except rings, helmets and a few other things.

Who's we? Topless isn't naked in my book, it's topless. "Half-naked" at best. To me naked means no shirt pants or underwear.

But that's my book, not yours.

Anyway it's your mod. I guess if all you can check is one particular piece of clothing then the chest is the way to go, especially since generally pants and shirts are paired. Looks great, and F4SE is out (and growing) so you should have many more options/capabilities now, and more in the near future.

This has to be one of the most important mods for any "sexlab" style framework, hands down!

Note:

Who's we? Topless isn't naked in my book, it's topless. "Half-naked" at best. To me naked means no shirt pants or underwear.

Anyway it's your mod. I guess if all you can check is one particular piece of clothing then the chest is the way to go, especially since generally pants and shirts are paired. Looks great, and F4SE is out (and growing) so you should have many more options/capabilities now, and more in the near future.

This has to be one of the most important mods for any "sexlab" style framework, hands down!

I'm fairly sure I remember DocClox saying that he was thinking about including some sort of arousal tracking in the Four-Play framework.

Note:

I'm fairly sure I remember DocClox saying that he was thinking about including some sort of arousal tracking in the Four-Play framework.

That would be fine by me, even if he just copied all my code.  I am still waiting on better F4SE support.

• 8 months later...

This will make Fallout 4 semi playable, when it functions as intended. - I just need something that reduces the combat in game. There is way too much of it for me.

If you could get a the FP_Autonomy or FP_Prostitution author to use this, it would make it more realistic to include arousal hooks. And would give you clues of how functional it could get. Perhaps a side mod that adds the hooks. Could even set up actions that allow an increase or decrease of arousal. And being that there is now an MCM for FO4, it would give it a great deal more functionality.

How hard would it be to code external containers for arousal of named NPCs, and civilians? *for me impossible, cause I am not good at coding to start with, and I have tried to understand it with very little success*