Glossy Skyrim Converted Outfits Fix?

This is the issue

http://i.imgur.com/XdPRAR8.png

So I have no clue how to fix it as this tutorial isn't explaining what exactly to do in nifscope (that or I am blind)

https://youtu.be/UmnWZIKRu2A?t=10m24s

Mind anyone explaining what exactly I am looking for? Also, my outfit has multiple BGSM's so I am not entirely sure what he's talking about.

P.S Thanks for the most sexy and epic community out there for helping me out in converting skyrim outfits! <3

That spec map looks wrong to me.

It has to at least be saved as Bc5.

It also has light data beaked in to it.. which will make things annoying.

The spec map for Fo4 is made up of a metleness map and a roughness map and are placed in the the red and green channel of the spec map (blue no being used).

So you should edit it with that in mind, with most of the detail going to the roughness map with maybe the outline of the butterfly and thing like it present in the metalness map.

and then save it as Bc5 using this plugin http://gametechdev.github.io/Intel-Texture-Works-Plugin/

And same with the normal map Bc5, as long as its a tangent space map it should not need much, if any, editing.

That spec map looks wrong to me.

It has to at least be saved as Bc5.

It also has light data beaked in to it.. which will make things annoying.

The spec map for Fo4 is made up of a metleness map and a roughness map and are placed in the the red and green channel of the spec map (blue no being used).

So you should edit it with that in mind, with most of the detail going to the roughness map with maybe the outline of the butterfly and thing like it present in the metalness map.

and then save it as Bc5 using this plugin http://gametechdev.github.io/Intel-Texture-Works-Plugin/

And same with the normal map Bc5, as long as its a tangent space map it should not need much, if any, editing.

No idea what any of this means I am still quite new to textures but I am learning lol. Do you have a tut you could point me towards that explains this? 

No, sorry, i don't know of any tutorials.

But to give some more information.

The metelness map handles if something is shiny or not (like metal) and roughness map handles how smooth (reflective) something is.

They are both black and white images (grey scale), the closer to one or the other determines how shiny or rough the object will look.

They are then stored in the red and green channel of the spec map and saved as Bc5 (normal map).

Just open two instances of the spec map, edit one for metalness and the other for roughness and then combine by pasting them in the red/green channel.

Experiment and then see the effect in game, best way to learn, you can also look up PBR ( Physically Based Rendering) to find out more.

http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/pbr-theory <--That is where i learned most of what i know about PBR.

No, sorry, i don't know of any tutorials.

But to give some more information.

The metelness map handles if something is shiny or not (like metal) and roughness map handles how smooth (reflective) something is.

They are both black and white images (grey scale), the closer to one or the other determines how shiny or rough the object will look.

They are then stored in the red and green channel of the spec map and saved as Bc5 (normal map).

Just open two instances of the spec map, edit one for metalness and the other for roughness and then combine by pasting them in the red/green channel.

Experiment and then see the effect in game, best way to learn, you can also look up PBR ( Physically Based Rendering) to find out more.

http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/pbr-theory <--That is where i learned most of what i know about PBR.

I am unable to understand anything of what was said. Again 100% newb to all of this. I can only follow basic instructions of what I know. No idea what red/green channel. :L 

Your spec map have 3 channels, RGB, red, green and blue, red is for metalness, green is for glossiness and the blue no one know if they are used.

You need a editing software, gimp, photoshop whatever, that you can edit each channel.

The BC5 compression format doesn't save a blue channel to the file.

For normal maps, the shader recreates the 3rd channel mathematically.

For specular maps, you don't need a 3rd one.

Indeed, but i am using BC1 for specular, even if i only use 2 channels, the size is smaller them using BC5, and i don't see much change in the compression.

Funny that intel plugin shows that BC5 is only for normal map.

But now the big question, how the hell the SSS is made in FO4??? Why the face have a object and tangent normal map and the body only have tangent map? The SSS is made using a map and i know this because i already test it, but how they mix the same maps to create a SSS map, using a fresnel style with some color palete? Is what i think, but were is the palete? How to define the values....

Indeed, but i am using BC1 for specular, even if i only use 2 channels, the size is smaller them using BC5, and i don't see much change in the compression.

Funny that intel plugin shows that BC5 is only for normal map.

But now the big question, how the hell the SSS is made in FO4??? Why the face have a object and tangent normal map and the body only have tangent map? The SSS is made using a map and i know this because i already test it, but how they mix the same maps to create a SSS map, using a fresnel style with some color palete? Is what i think, but were is the palete? How to define the values....

Gahhhh I understand none of what is said lol. 0 experience in any of this lol. Although I did understand the metelness map handles if something is shiny or not (like metal) and roughness map handles how smooth (reflective) part. Those kinds of things I get. But everything else is 100% alien to me lol. Can't I just get a basic tut like this one? 

https://youtu.be/UmnWZIKRu2A?t=6m41s

Sadly it's method didn't work for me at all. Probably fumbled somewhere in Nifskope but I've been trying to fix this crap for ages. If someone would be so kind to me to show an example of fixing one with all the steps? <3

Really, you just have to edit the spec channel and see what happens, but to do that you need a editing software like photoshop and the intel plugin to save DDS formats.

If you don't want to learn this, is like you want to learn how to drive but don't wanna know about the steering wheel, there is no how.

Google is your friend, there is a lot, and i mean a lot, of information on how to edit DDS files.

Really, you just have to edit the spec channel and see what happens, but to do that you need a editing software like photoshop and the intel plugin to save DDS formats.

If you don't want to learn this, is like you want to learn how to drive but don't wanna know about the steering wheel, there is no how.

Google is your friend, there is a lot, and i mean a lot, of information on how to edit DDS files.

The Google's has been my best friend so far explaining most of what you guys were talking about so as of right now I am on a roll. Now I just need to find a reliable editor. Photoshop is a bitch to pay for and I am not much of a pirate so I am looking for a free open source alternative. 

Archived