Using text-described sex scenes before SexTec is out

ufjoif

Idea's in the title. I imagine that a light framework of sorts that allowed modders to hook in to provide some sort of meaningful "Sexual" scenes would be better than nothing. A lot of modders are waiting for SexTec, which will no doubt take a long time to make; something text-based would be much simpler and would take a lot less time, while allowing modders to develop mods around it anyway and eventually hook into the "Proper thing" when it comes out. Like with SexLab for Skyrim, you could have a number of different pre-written descriptions that would play in lieu of actual sex, and people could even write their own. The workflow would certainly be much, much easier than making animations.

So, whenever a sex scene is called up to occur between two actors, we just get a little message box that pops up instead describing what happened. There would be a bunch of descriptions, with tags, which could be called upon in certain scenarios.

And of course, when the proper, visual frameworks come out, it would be easier for mods to hook into that instead of the text-based one, which would be phased out.

Like I said, the idea is that this would be a stopgap so that modders could still do something while waiting, and it would be semi-acceptable, I should think; sex scenes in the visual frameworks just play out in a number of pre-animated ways anyway. And besides, it's mostly about what happens before and after the sex ;)

Just a thought. Someone should totally make this, though.

I'm not doing it because I have next-to-no knowledge of the CK, and I don't think something like this, that others would rely upon, would be a good place to start. I just thought that this was an idea probably nobody else here had had, and it could really help the community.

I could see this being viable. Although, I believe the population is going to wait for SexTec to come out anyway. I think it's more about the animations than the dialogue so much. Although I would be slightly interested in seeing this, since it will be a start on the dialogue side of things, I don't know how many would jump on the band wagon to get the ball rolling.

The problem is its probably a lot of work that will near completion about the same time SexTec is Alpha released so will all be for nothing, the chances of it being a compatible frame work are pretty slim. There don't appear to be more than a handful of good coders here and they are all busy with Sextech itself or their own mods. And us noob codere are still learning the CK ourselves and all are waiting for more F4SE functionality for trickier stuff.

The problem is its probably a lot of work that will near completion about the same time SexTec is Alpha released so will all be for nothing, the chances of it being a compatible frame work are pretty slim. There don't appear to be more than a handful of good coders here and they are all busy with Sextech itself or their own mods. And us noob codere are still learning the CK ourselves and all are waiting for more F4SE functionality for trickier stuff.

Exactly. That's why I said most people will probably just wait till SexTec's release. Animations.........animations. xD

I could see this being viable. Although, I believe the population is going to wait for SexTec to come out anyway. I think it's more about the animations than the dialogue so much. Although I would be slightly interested in seeing this, since it will be a start on the dialogue side of things, I don't know how many would jump on the band wagon to get the ball rolling.

So I was thinking the same thing, and googling on F04 anims, then I found this:

http://www.modsfallout4.com/skyrim-dance-animations/

This caught my eye: "The animation conversion can only be done with a Blender tool “pose converter” made by gerra6 in LL."

So my idea is this:

- Why not convert some existing sex anims from Skyrim using this guys' method.

- Make craftable animation markers exposing these anims?

Then you can at least assign a character to the anims and set up some working scenes.

This caught my eye: "The animation conversion can only be done with a Blender tool “pose converter” made by gerra6 in LL."

So my idea is this:

Then you can at least assign a character to the anims and set up some working scenes.

It comes down to permissions. You have to have permission to use other's content from another game in this one. Both Skyrim and Fallout 4 run on Creation Engine, so it's a understandable point. But yeah. Permissions to utilize content. 

Not to rain on your parade.......but it isn't anywhere close to that simple.  

You need multiple things for animations to work.  Right now, none of those really exist, or if they do, they are in VERY rough alpha stages.

Pop over and do some reading to educate yourself:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/61259-sextec-sexlab-sexout-etc-container-thread/

TLDR Version:  Lots of work, only a few folks doing it equals a long time to see a working product.

Edit:  Oh, and Gerra6 is a member here.   ;)

You need multiple things for animations to work.  Right now, none of those really exist, or if they do, they are in VERY rough alpha stages.

Pop over and do some reading to educate yourself:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/61259-sextec-sexlab-sexout-etc-container-thread/

TLDR Version:  Lots of work, only a few folks doing it equals a long time to see a working product.

In fact, almost everything for animation was ready few month ago (that's someone had figured out we can add new idle animation event by editing esp only),  however making a loop animation is still a mystery (i guess it's related to behavior tree again). 

I had developed a conversion skeleton; for average conversion quality, converting one regular Skyrim anim (not pair or loop one) to FO4 one only costs few seconds. Then the only question left is the permission.

PS: the FO4 skyrim dance mod on Nexus was six-month old, and it's at very very early stage with poor porting quality.  

Now MMD motion/camera porting is the mainstream. 

(Google MUTEs the music because their content-id engine finds out there is extra one another music than "Shake it Off" in the video ??? ridicules..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_fykEJ56dY

Skyrim animation porting with better quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIot2AngKbA

In fact, almost everything for animation was ready few month ago (that's someone had figured out we can add new idle animation event by editing esp only),  however making a loop animation is still a mystery (i guess it's related to behavior tree again). 

I had developed a conversion skeleton; for average conversion quality, converting one regular Skyrim anim (not pair or loop one) to FO4 one only costs few seconds. Then the only question left is the permission.

PS: the FO4 skyrim dance mod on Nexus was six-month old, and it's at very very early stage with poor porting quality.  

Now MMD motion/camera porting is the mainstream. 

(Google MUTEs the music because their content-id engine finds out there is extra one another music than "Shake it Off" in the video ??? ridicules..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_fykEJ56dY

Skyrim animation porting with better quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIot2AngKbA

So if this is already possible, then that means...

So my idea is this:

It comes down to permissions. You have to have permission to use other's content from another game in this one. Both Skyrim and Fallout 4 run on Creation Engine, so it's a understandable point. But yeah. Permissions to utilize content. 

Both of you are taking the wrong points away from my post.

I can animate anything. The only thing I am missing is HOW to literally get them 'in game'.

One poster says 'impossible at this time' (and YES I know that thread almost by heart, I'm really not stupid y'know).

But I see multiple mods with CUSTOM animations, either imported from Skyrim or not, regardless of their porting quality, it CAN BE DONE.

Then when I point out these mods, suddenly it's all 'but oh permissions'. That's not the point. Forget existing animations. Let's say I have all my own animations (I'm a programmer, modeler and animator)... So how to get them in game, THAT is the holy grail, not the animations themselves.

I think I'm gonna go with my intuition here, which has gotten me farther than any nay-sayer so far, and I'm just going to follow their technique via Blender and figure it out on my own. Never got any advice on this board that has actually helped me, other than people telling me 'it can't be done'. Blerg.

So my idea is this:

I can animate anything. The only thing I am missing is HOW to literally get them 'in game'.

One poster says 'impossible at this time' (and YES I know that thread almost by heart, I'm really not stupid y'know).

But I see multiple mods with CUSTOM animations, either imported from Skyrim or not, regardless of their porting quality, it CAN BE DONE.

Then when I point out these mods, suddenly it's all 'but oh permissions'. That's not the point. Forget existing animations. Let's say I have all my own animations (I'm a programmer, modeler and animator)... So how to get them in game, THAT is the holy grail, not the animations themselves.

I think I'm gonna go with my intuition here, which has gotten me farther than any nay-sayer so far, and I'm just going to follow their technique via Blender and figure it out on my own. Never got any advice on this board that has actually helped me, other than people telling me 'it can't be done'. Blerg.

Misinterpretation of what you said. Using your own custom animations is one thing. But, how it was worded in my mind, "- Why not convert some existing sex anims from Skyrim using this guys' method" 

is what came to my mind for needing permissions. Seemed like there was usage of others people's work.

So my idea is this:

Misinterpretation of what you said. Using your own custom animations is one thing. But, how it was worded in my mind, "- Why not convert some existing sex anims from Skyrim using this guys' method" 

is what came to my mind for needing permissions. Seemed like there was usage of others people's work.

Exactly why I said you 'went' with the wrong point of interest in my post.... Yeah I could've worded it better. ;)

*The point is though... can we start making it clear whether it is technically possible or not to import animations?

If someone did it, no matter how crappy, it can be 'done', that was the real point to take away from it. ;)

So my idea is this:

Exactly why I said you 'went' with the wrong point of interest in my post.... Yeah I could've worded it better. ;)

*The point is though... can we start making it clear whether it is technically possible or not to import animations?

If someone did it, no matter how crappy, it can be 'done', that was the real point to take away from it. ;)

With that being put aside. I believe there is a way to move it over. But, I have no clue how to do so. 

Hi! I do not believe that you people can't see a way to make animations possible in game. In FO4 AP animations binded to beds, so all you need is make object and bind animation to it.

There is no "free" animations in FO4, only idles and flavors, but look at sitting animation and shower animation, and you can do something like that. Sorry for my poor English.

Ok, so I'd be willing to give you some advice to the extent of what I know, and/or to get other people with more experience to help you directly. I'm interested in seeing ST released after all ;)

But first, I'd like to know what to help you with specifically.

So, quick checklist. As of now, can you :

(1) Get the human actor skeleton in a 3D editor

(2) Create an animation suited for a Fallout human actor in your 3D editor

(3) Export the animation to a format suited for Fallout 4 (namely .hkx files)

(4) Bind a HKX animation to an in game action

(5) Launch an animation from a Papyrus script

MaikCG and ShadeAnimator recently created a walkthrough about how to do 1 and 3 (if you need it, I can provide you with a link). 2 is up to your 3D animation skill, and I believe you have it.

The 4th step has to do with the Creation Kit menus, where there is options to bind a HKX file to an Idle keyword. I'll launch the CK, search for the menu exactly and edit this if I can find it, otherwise I'm sure somebody else will help :P

The 5th step is a function like playIdle() on an actor. Again, I'm not an expert with this so other people may be more apt to answer, but if you need I can try to search for it too.

If you need any infos about things (whether or not on this list), ask away.

Ok, so I'd be willing to give you some advice to the extent of what I know, and/or to get other people with more experience to help you directly. I'm interested in seeing ST released after all ;)

But first, I'd like to know what to help you with specifically.

So, quick checklist. As of now, can you :

(1) Get the human actor skeleton in a 3D editor

(2) Create an animation suited for a Fallout human actor in your 3D editor

(3) Export the animation to a format suited for Fallout 4 (namely .hkx files)

(4) Bind a HKX animation to an in game action

(5) Launch an animation from a Papyrus script

MaikCG and ShadeAnimator recently created a walkthrough about how to do 1 and 3 (if you need it, I can provide you with a link). 2 is up to your 3D animation skill, and I believe you have it.

The 4th step has to do with the Creation Kit menus, where there is options to bind a HKX file to an Idle keyword. I'll launch the CK, search for the menu exactly and edit this if I can find it, otherwise I'm sure somebody else will help :P

The 5th step is a function like playIdle() on an actor. Again, I'm not an expert with this so other people may be more apt to answer, but if you need I can try to search for it too.

If you need any infos about things (whether or not on this list), ask away.

Thanks for the in depth answer. :)

I can animate an existing rig without problems, if I know the details of the rig to follow I can also setup a new rig to match the specs. As for 'suited for the fallout human character'. I can set it up for any character (e.g. deathclaw / dogmeat), once I have my hands on the existing skeleton specs. For that I need an importer first. My program of choice is 3dsMax.

With niftools I might be able to import an existing rig following this: http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-20505.html

I have the niftools plugin for max, but they were alpha indeed and finnicky with exporting just static models (let alone animated things).

4 and 5 is the first I hear that this is necessary. I come from Doom3 modding, which is a different beast. But I've written Python in the past, and do know quite a few language, so with a reference I can get further.

WIth this I already have quite some homework, so thanks. :)

Thanks for the in depth answer. :)

I can animate an existing rig without problems, if I know the details of the rig to follow I can also setup a new rig to match the specs. As for 'suited for the fallout human character'. I can set it up for any character (e.g. deathclaw / dogmeat), once I have my hands on the existing skeleton specs. For that I need an importer first. My program of choice is 3dsMax.

With niftools I might be able to import an existing rig following this: http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-20505.html

I have the niftools plugin for max, but they were alpha indeed and finnicky with exporting just static models (let alone animated things).

4 and 5 is the first I hear that this is necessary. I come from Doom3 modding, which is a different beast. But I've written Python in the past, and do know quite a few language, so with a reference I can get further.

WIth this I already have quite some homework, so thanks. :)

No problem :) So, if you're "stuck" on 1 and 3, I can only recommend the ShadeAnimator "tutorial" here.

About 4 and 5, it's both "easy" and "unbieliveably frustrating". I checked quickly how to do stuff in the CK, it took me half an hour then the CK crashed. I checked in FO4Edit, ti took me 3 mins.

So, in FO4Edit.

Create a new mod. Right click under it => create an IDLE node

Under the EDID field, set your name (e.g. IDLE_TEST_NUMBER_1 should be valid)

Under the DNAM field, set the path to your HKX fil e(e.g. Actors/Character/_1stPerson/Behaviors/GunBehavior.hkx is a valid path)

Set it to looping if you want, by changing stuff in the values below.

Now, you have your new idle, that you can call in game using "player.playIdle IDLE_TEST_NUMBER_1" or probably via a script

Of course, now that you have an idle, you can add fun stuff in the CK too. I have no idea what to do with it exactly, but I saw furniture animations and similar stuff out there. If you can manage not to have the CK crash of course T_T

Its getting closer to happening and if you want it to happen any faster you need to get your nose into it and start contributing.

Get my nose in it?... I barely understand how manipulate textures, 3D modeling and especially animation is WAY outside of my skill level. I don't even know how to create a mesh from scratch, or even how to apply textures to an existing mesh in a 3D editor. Point is, I would not be of any help in this instance.

Its getting closer to happening and if you want it to happen any faster you need to get your nose into it and start contributing.

Get my nose in it?... I barely understand how manipulate textures, 3D modeling and especially animation is WAY outside of my skill level. I don't even know how to create a mesh from scratch, or even how to apply textures to an existing mesh in a 3D editor. Point is, I would not be of any help in this instance.

Time to start learning if you want it badly enough, few of us knew much when we started.

Archived