[mod] [CK 2] Dark World - Serpent Expansion

zia

My slavery .mod says :

name = "Dark World - Expanded Slavery v.05"

path = "mod/Dark World Slavery Expanded"

dependencies = {"Dark World Core"}

(I'm on mac btw)

No wonder you get errors or crashes. You have bad dependency. Very, very wrong dependency, if you're using Dark World Reborn v1.44 or Dark world 1.45

Check the .mod file or Dark world (open in notepad, figure out the name), and rename it. Everything should be okey afterwards.

My slavery .mod says :

dependencies = {"Dark World Core"}

(I'm on mac btw)

No wonder you get errors or crashes. You have bad dependency. Very, very wrong dependency, if you're using Dark World Reborn v1.44 or Dark world 1.45

Check the .mod file or Dark world (open in notepad, figure out the name), and rename it. Everything should be okey afterwards.

Alright! I see what you mean. 

All my mods where wrong. 

I changed it to :

dependencies = {"Dark World Reborn v1.45"}

I'll let you know if anything changed. 

Excellent.

This should work without major problem.

You see... your submods relied on Mod, which didn't exist. Now, they're dependant on existing and working mod.

Also, to see slavery options with target, you have first to imprison someone and afterwards enslave.

For further interaction, you can always build slavers guild, unlocking additional features.

Intrigue option also offers some of the submod features. Like buying slaves of various faces.

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm, may I have a ambitious suggestion?

Have you thought about creating Slave society based on principles of the Secret Religious cults?

But few little adjustments?

-slaves of specific qualities will secretly found Liberation faction, with pure focus of being free.

-they will secretly try to undermine their masters

-they could free slaves from various rulers

-they- they could assassinate rulers under various circumstances

-they could initiate revolts

- they could get discovered due traitors in their ranks

- they could fight for their freedom, by spreading liberation agenda

-slaves can receive few traits for various actions. And also "crusader" like trait, if their liberation revolt succeeds.

- they could receive event spawned troops for final liberation revolt, and also cassus belli to attack any ruler controlling slaves

This is only really just few points created from spot. As example. What's your opinion about That?

Ummm, may I have a ambitious suggestion?

Have you thought about creating Slave society based on principles of the Secret Religious cults?

But few little adjustments?

-slaves of specific qualities will secretly found Liberation faction, with pure focus of being free.

-they will secretly try to undermine their masters

-they could free slaves from various rulers

-they- they could assassinate rulers under various circumstances

-they could initiate revolts

- they could get discovered due traitors in their ranks

- they could fight for their freedom, by spreading liberation agenda

-slaves can receive few traits for various actions. And also "crusader" like trait, if their liberation revolt succeeds.

- they could receive event spawned troops for final liberation revolt, and also cassus belli to attack any ruler controlling slaves

This is only really just few points created from spot. As example. What's your opinion about That?

I think that may be a bit out of my league... however my current plan is to change the slavers option... by making a slavers society.  After that, maybe I would do a slave society. I have no idea. I am off from work this week end, so I plan on getting started tomorrow/today (Saturday) :D.

Due note: I have absolutely no idea what I am doing.   

This is the mental note I make to myself before every line of code that i write.

"Well Mr_Treason, you have no idea what you're doing, maybe this one little line of code will destroy your entire mod irrevocably? I hope not, but who knows!"

Best of luck to you though.  The idea of a Slavers society sounds fun!

This is the mental note I make to myself before every line of code that i write.

"Well Mr_Treason, you have no idea what you're doing, maybe this one little line of code will destroy your entire mod irrevocably? I hope not, but who knows!"

I've learned to just resign myself to the fact that even adding a few events is going to lead to me spending at least an hour or more in the validator hunting down minor things like a missing or extra } symbol. :)

I've learned to just resign myself to the fact that even adding a few events is going to lead to me spending at least an hour or more in the validator hunting down minor things like a missing or extra } symbol. :)

The only thing I spend more modding time on than the validator is looking for acceptable images to use.

Wanted to start off by saying thank you for this amazing mod! Seriously.

My question is: why does every slave raid war I start end with saying the CB is no longer valid? It's difficult to get slaves without raids.

I honestly have no idea why its canceling out, I was already planning on removing the slave raid CB anyway as it was just a little bit overpowered. 

As of right now what I am planning to do is a slaver society, they will have access to the abduct decision that satanists (and assassins oddly enough) can use. Or atleast one similar to it where you would spend slaver credit (name subject to change) to kidnap people.

If you decide not to join them then you can always use the kidnap function from Darkworld. Yes its more expensive but if your not joining the slavers then its less of slaving as a business and more for personal gain. 

Current Ideas for slavers Society (subject to change, nothing listed is promised) 

Slave Credit - Currency of the guild (abbreviated as SC )

Rank - Beginner

- You can abduct lowborns (If I can figure out how to limit it to lowborns only) 

- You can abduct non-exotic lowborns only (No werewolves, succubi, etc)

- Sell to guild: Slaves can be sold to guild for SC. Amount of SC will be dependent on training/traits, etc. 

-Slaves sold to guild will either be axed (vanished without a trace) or be given a modifier/trait that marks them as guild property. (If they hold a title when you sell them they will vanish, too risky to keep such a high profile slave around) 

-Purchase guild stock: Purchase a slave from the guild stock for SC. Lowborn slaves only 

Rank - Journeymen

-Purchase from guild stock: non-exotic only. (player only, thinking player only for selling and buying)

- abduct any normal human who does not hold a title. 

Rank - Master

-Purchase any slave

-Abduct normal humans and exotics. (does not hold a title)

Rank - Guild Master

- Move stock around. (anyone who is "guild stock" can be invited to your court, regardless of distance) 

- Abduct title holders

-Free stock. Remove guild stock from a character. (Massive opinion boost)

Guild Property: Slaves belonging to the guild, they will automatically be seeded in the world (thinking having birth = 100 (same chance as strong trait). Trait will significatly lower fertility and they cannot marry or hold titles. (If they end up with a title they will automatically abdicate.

Missions:

- Abduct someone

-Abduct some that___   (EX. Holds a title, has trait X) 

- Diversion - Assist a fellow guild member by distracting the local government. (Chance to kill a random person, steal money, punch the captain on the guard in the face, etc.) 

- Anything else I think of later. GIVE ME IDEAS. No promises they will be added. 

Due note: I have no idea what I am doing or if I will even be able to pull off making a society.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I just wanted to say that I've been enjoying playing your mod and that I look forward to future updates. That said I have a small request. Could you annul slaves marriages when you sell them? It is that way in the AGOT mod or one of its sub mods. I think it would be a good addition.

Hey, I just wanted to say that I've been enjoying playing your mod and that I look forward to future updates. That said I have a small request. Could you annul slaves marriages when you sell them? It is that way in the AGOT mod or one of its sub mods. I think it would be a good addition.

Current selling mechanics are controlled by Darkworld reborn, but I will see what I can do. If I can figure out how I will try add an event for the spouse so if their slave spouse is in another court they can divorce without cost (depending on traits, loyal spouses wont divorce).   

Few possible ideas for Rank abilities or mission rewards:

Mission Reward:

Taskmaster's whip (treasure): martial +1, slave credit boost (if possible), and (if possible) unlocking targeted ability to whip someone. Mildly or severely.

XXX - Randomly named man/woman of 16 age, with traits Strong, genius and attractive. She will arrive as slave to players court. Reward for completion of (probably difficult)

Chains (treasure): Arrest chance +5/10%, plot discovery +5/10% chance.

Black Market - After finishing specific missions, in end can player decide to basically visit black market as reward. These black markets will be frequent reward, can be also probably chosen as second option for rewards... like ( 1 - 50 gold as reward. 2 - Visit black market as reward)

Black Market can offer many exotic goods... which of course, can be purchased for money.

These include:

Expensive artifacts.

Pets (basically pets from vanilla game can be purchased as reward. And there are many pets. Dog, cat, rat, parrot, Devil worshipper familiar... or custom ones can be added)

Potions - basically options from alchemy shop will be available, without owning alchemy shop as building. Some custom alchemy potions can be included.

Special characters - Special, named characters from various universes, which can be only purchased from Black Market, offering unique "Spend time with..." event.

Rank ability:

Breeding material: Once player reached certain rank, they can unlock self targeterld (or intrigue option) to purchase Breeding material. This does open event window, which offers player purchase of slave with one certain trait and other randomly generated.

So, if player wants to but ugly slave, ugly slave will appear in court.

If player wants a genius, genius will appear.

Money cost of these slaves can differ, depending on power of these traits (bad ones are cheaper, good ones more expsnsive)

Slave army - This ability can be very useful... and realistic. Slavery, probably guild master, can raise non-reinforcing regiment of slaves. Who are mostly archers and light infantry.

These units, once raised, will fight until defeated or once wars are over. Can't be risen, if at peace.

Unlike assassin army, these units are cheaper to raise, but... once risen, they give +5% revolt risk in random province owned by player. This negative modifier CAN stack, so if player raises 3 slave armies, he'll get 15% revolt risk.

And slave armies also have low morale, but tend to be much bigger than assassin armies.

Rank 1-4:

Master kidnapper: This is passive modifier tied to every single society rank. Player starts with 5% arrest chance as bonus. But... he can boost it up to 20% by becoming society leader.

Beginner: 5%

Journeyman: 10%

Master: 15%

Guild master: 20%

Also, as small suggestion. I feel like first two rank names don't fit overall theme.

What about renaming it to

Rank 1 - Kidnapper (As starting slavery in society, the best thing which can such character do, is to simply kidnap and try to make some money. Or just listen to guild master and kidnap people for money)

Rank 2 - Slaver (Character has probably already abducted many people, sold them to slavery... and overall knows, how to work with slaves. Now, instead of kidnapping, he can focus on slavery business)

It says it requires a mod called Dark World Court and Commerce. Can someone link that? Google and searching by this forum is failing me. Or maybe I'm failing it.

Ignore that, i will fix it soon enough. Dark World use to be modular, but dewgru has since merged them all. So you only need Darkworld Reborn. 

I'm excited to see someone has taken on the arduous task of making a slaver society! Looking forward to it and the benefits it will bring, I may not have a great deal of free time with work and all but if you need help with the coding of events and such (or even something like testing) I am more than happy to join in since I do want to see more of this project.

Just a general update concerning the next release:

Work has been hell for me lately and I have lost interest in playing CK2 for the time being. Does this mean I'm not going to be working on  this? No, I will. It will just be slow. Give it a week or two, maybe a month and I will be back in the swing of things and playing ck2 again, and working on this again of course.  

• 4 weeks later...

Archived