Reloading Skyrim

Hi guys, i am having a lot of CTDs lately so reloading skyrim and hopefully keeping my save games.

I decided to use MO instead of nexus mod manager, i heard it handles mods better?

Is there a guide on installing Skyrim to make it as stable as possible?

MO handles mods a lot better then NMM. It keeps all the mods in a separate virtual folder so you don't have mods cluttering up your install folder (I still need to find out if you can do that with Steam workshop mods.)

Somehow it would be nice to stop Steam mods from automatically installing every time they're removed from the Data falder, but it doesn't hurt anything is they are there. Just launch Skyrim from MO, and ignore the Data folder.

In order to have MO handle Steam mods, I just pack them using 7zip and cutting and pasting it to my Downloads folder, then adding said mod to MO from file. Have fun.

I found the STEP project: http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2 Could be a good basis to build it

Yeah, STEP is a very good starting point, as it has many important bugfixes and the official MO guide, as well as some important/useful ini tweaks.

Though it wasn't really updated in the graphical section, so I'd recommend that you follow STEP until you've finished point 2.E Interface and then switch over to the Skyrim Ultimate Graphics Guide, as it's more up-to-date than STEP in graphical concerns.

I found the STEP project: http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2 Could be a good basis to build it

Yeah, STEP is a very good starting point, as it has many important bugfixes and the official MO guide, as well as some important/useful ini tweaks.

Though it wasn't really updated in the graphical section, so I'd recommend that you follow STEP until you've finished point 2.E Interface and then switch over to the Skyrim Ultimate Graphics Guide, as it's more up-to-date than STEP in graphical concerns.

"There are files in your Overwrite mod" Appears to be the only alert i have. No idea how to fix this as it contains manually loaded mods as well as skyrim.esp and update.esp etc

TL;DR

Any generated file/folder, that would be put into the normal game \data folder by programs, will be put into "Overwrite" instead when running those programs through MO.

Explanation and solution:

"Overwrite" is a virtual mod that's always at the very end of your left pane. As things like FNIS our TES5Edit have to run through MO to work properly, their created files are cought and dropped into the overwrite folder instead of the game \data folder, where those things would show up normally.

Eg for creating your FNIS output you first register the FNIS_for_users.exe as executable in MO, start it through MO and when it's done the output files are in "Overwrite". Right-click on "Overwrite", select "Create Mod", give it a proper name like "FNIS Output" and you have a new mod folder in the left pane that contains your FNIS generated files.

Also things like saved Racemenu presets, MCM configurations, several log files and alike that are genereated during game runtime and would show up in game's \data are cought in that folder.

Watch gopher's videos

Its all you need to understand and master mod organizer

nope, I do not understand a word in these videos.

I know there are also German instructions, but I do not use it!

I am already always my own manager, I install everything manually, and this process gives me right!

256 ESP \ ESM files, a size of 63.9 GB and my Skyrim works almost flawlessly (very very rarely a CTD)  ;)  :P

Edit: and no manager can files rename, so that they appear elsewhere in the game.  :P  :lol:  :lol:

Watch gopher's videos

I am already always my own manager, I install everything manually, and this process gives me right!

256 ESP \ ESM files, a size of 63.9 GB and my Skyrim works almost flawlessly (very very rarely a CTD)  ;)  :P

Edit: and no manager can files rename, so that they appear elsewhere in the game.  :P  :lol:  :lol:

I was giving the OP information (for all i know he speaks english). And i know you are your own mod manager, you only mentioned like 5483 times :s  

I am still not sure why are you so proud of it though, is like saying "i painted the ceiling using a toothbrush instead of a brush, and still got perfect"

Just because you can doesnt mean that you have to! :P

For what you usually mention, you got your 256 plugins running (pretty sure its 255 else you would ctd) but you pretty much stick with the same mods always.

For many people, that like install and uninstall  mods at will just to try them, or because we use different mods depending on the role we play, or simply because they want see how they play out with other mods, it would be a complete nightmare to do it manually. Not only because it takes more time, but also because if something gets fucked its harder to realize what .

So while i personally take my hat off at your acomplishment please do understand that not everybody is a masochist like you !  :lol:

Watch gopher's videos

I was giving the OP information (for all i know he speaks english). And i know you are your own mod manager, you only mentioned like 5483 times :s  

I am still not sure why are you so proud of it though, is like saying "i painted the ceiling using a toothbrush instead of a brush, and still got perfect"

Just because you can doesnt mean that you have to! :P

For what you usually mention, you got your 256 plugins running (pretty sure its 255 else you would ctd) but you pretty much stick with the same mods always.

For many people, that like install and uninstall  mods at will just to try them, or because we use different mods depending on the role we play, or simply because they want see how they play out with other mods, it would be a complete nightmare to do it manually. Not only because it takes more time, but also because if something gets fucked its harder to realize what .

So while i personally take my hat off at your acomplishment please do understand that not everybody is a masochist like you !  :lol:

No so was that not meant, everyone can use what he wants and how it is best for him.

I just wanted to say that it also goes without!

I also know the limit of the possible mods, there are 255, but I have a more and it works!

I also experiment and it is no problem at all for me! I have indeed a huge Mod collection (nearly 2000 GB).

What think you why I so many can help, I own mods the already long not more exist .

for example: seeking me once Water FX!  ;)

Here is a small search help.  :P

I use Better Dynamic Snow (its a must!)

I didnt know that water FX though (frostfall has it but then you would have to use a huge mod)

Water FX is realistic than frostfall (I have used but now not anymore).

how can I explain it, if it starts to rain then flows that water the hair, the body down and begins to drip. (no matter whether naked or with armor)

when it stops raining then disappears this effect after a few seconds, that equal while swimming.

believe me, this mod is not more to found.  ;)

I didnt know that water FX though (frostfall has it but then you would have to use a huge mod)

how can I explain it, if it starts to rain then flows that water the hair, the body down and begins to drip. (no matter whether naked or with armor)

when it stops raining then disappears this effect after a few seconds, that equal while swimming.

Sorry, is not frostfall, is Wet and Cold

And i believe it also does that thing you mention

Sorry, is not frostfall, is Wet and Cold

And i believe it also does that thing you mention

yes I have me already wondered, frostfall has nothing to do with it.

but a friend from my list Wet and Cold used, I gave him Water FX and he was amazed.  :)

One issue i am having with Mod Organiser is loading up certain mods, it says the data isn't at the top level (in red) so i move the data up to the Data directory and the red writing changes to 'Looks Good' in green, so i install... and it does nothing?

Archived