May Like to Look at this!

Slave Town - Its a slaves life

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/46284

Synopsis

========

Episode I: This mod lets you live your life as a slave: captured and spitited away in the night, you are thrown into a world beyond your control.

Introduction

============

The wasteland has a new band of slavers. These aren't just your normal band of raiders with sharp sticks. They are organised and have numerous prison facilities in underground locations; allowing them to operate in secrecy under the noses of the wasteland population.

The wasteland slavers only seem to be the tip of the iceberg. Kidnapped citizens are disappearing entirely. Never to be seen again. Rumour has it that kidnapped citizens are being transported to an unknown location outside the wasteland, to an unknown fate.

**IMPORTANT NOTE**

Due to the complexity involved in developing this mod, I have decided to release it in stages.

This first stage should be considered as Episode 1. At the end of which the active quest will be called 'To be continued...' This will leave you with full access to the new landscape so you can explore.

I didn't think it would be appropriate to advertise the mod on this forum, since I'm not hosting it here.

That and release day being so much fun, that I've been kept away from here. (Its amazing how much wierdness a simple change will cause)

That said, you should all of course download this mod.

Please bear in mind that it is a beta at the moment - and undoubtedly won't be without problems.

I'm also releasing it as episodes, otherwise it would likely never be released. The idea being 'release episode' -> 'refine/bugfix' -> 'release next episode' -> repeat.

I welcome ideas for what people want to see - particularly what you would would like to feature in the world after all the quests are done (since I'd like a fully alive town to do whatever I want in at the end).

As things stand with the way the episode ends, you are given back control of your life and possessions and allowed to travel freely and explore. Feel free to have a poke around (the west/northwest area is pretty much empty atm - the eastern half and southwest are filled in - you'll need to 'coc TheCrucible' to see an area I haven't connected in yet)

Gave it a go. It's a very well put together mod, I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Do you have any plans to integrate it into sexout at all in the future? There are a few parts that seem to suit it, but even without it's still one of the best quest mods I've tried for a while :)

Thanks for the extensive report chancellor, its much appreciated.

I really enjoyed all the comments about how retarded it is on the YouTube vids. You just have to love YouTube commenters

It does seem that too many people are having serious bugs too often. So much so that I'm thinking about binning it, since I can't recreate most of these issues and can't really fix them

Glad it was useful. For the record, the AlChestBreach guy had a lot of bugs that were totally mod dependent, so I would ignore most of what he said (he often did some stupid things too)

Having said that, two areas I would concentrate on are making it flow faster, and reducing the hitpoints of the figthers. I never really encountered any game breaking bugs, and nothing a load couldn't help, so it's no reason to give up.

Oh, and do you have any idea why the Slave Town esp. makes Sexout and other sex mods not work? It prevents the Sexout animations from playing, and someone else reported on nexus that it did the same for some other adult mod he was playing.

I'm currently testing a .esm version of this. I recall similar script misfiring and npc positioning problems with the slavejail mod.

If It works out, I'll do an abbreviated walk through town, and lower hp fighters. I'll also see about having the slave batches already in the main jail before the auction.

Im leaning towards the player getting a less restrictive collar once you are in the arena cell, and I can then lift the combat restriction inside the arena and outside town.

Update: Well feargus and betty were in the right places, the bouncer and door dancer werent on top of the slave pen building and the interlude quest fired when it was supposed to.

A few issues found with FNVedit before I tried to play the mod:

A) Most important: Remove the "useless" edit of KnockedDownIdles in IdleAnimations. You have to redo that every time you open the Idle animations. That what breaks animation (as always in fact!)

B) Package SlaveJailTPeteToGSCell reference a non existing variable n°5 in "SlaveJailTShiftyPeteScript". I supposed this variable has become n°13 MovetoGSCell

C) There are 44 pure "dirty" edits.

Just finished testing a new version, I cleaned up the idle anims and conditioned to one I added at top level + cleaned up an idle edit that shouldn't have been there (ty evilrunner and jaam).

Now uploaded - don't use the old esp, use the new esm instead

I also condensed some of the sequences down a bit in line with chancellorkeremlin's suggestions.

Meanwhile the geck has started auto breaking all my dialog trigger packages. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle seems to apply to it.

As I posted in the Nexus, excellent update. Pacing flows A LOT better. Only still a few issue to sort out pacing wise (mostly to do with HP) and everything else is in my other post.

You also fixed the idleanims problem, which is good. Now, I want to offer you a few suggestions related to possibilities, story, quests, etc, but first I need to know - do you intend to make this adult related or not?

Meanwhile the geck has started auto breaking all my dialog trigger packages. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle seems to apply to it.

Since you have an esm now, you might introduce your changes in a plugin and then I think you can mostly just copy them into your esm (using FNVEdit)?

As I posted in the Nexus' date=' excellent update. Pacing flows A LOT better. Only still a few issue to sort out pacing wise (mostly to do with HP) and everything else is in my other post.

You also fixed the idleanims problem, which is good. Now, I want to offer you a few suggestions related to possibilities, story, quests, etc, but first I need to know - do you intend to make this adult related or not?

[/quote']

Inadvertently allowing the npcs to scale with level may have had something to do with it.

The 'to be continued' thing is just irritating me now. I only put it in as a courtesy so the mod didn't end abruptly. As they say, 'no good deed goes unpunished'.

For the purposes of visibility I don't want to have to flag it as adult only. However that does not exclude the possibility of maintaining plugins as separate adult only mods - since I will be keeping the ESM format from now.

After all, its a roomy worldspace with more doors that I can reasonably fill out. I haven't even put in the industrial and farming/wild west areas I have in mind yet. The door next to the jet whores fore example looks temptingly insalubrious.

Here comes some feedback for your mod.

I installed the mod after reading the praise that it got here, at LL, and at the Nexus. First things first, I made a backup save, but the ESM version ran flawlessly with my current configuration (EDIT : I had uninstalled Rust town, just in case). I could level up to 5 without noticing any broken features in other mods. Once level 5, I happened to return to Goodsprings where I guess your mod really started.

I thought that the introduction was great. The lone merchant at the bar, the note. It directly set me in the mood. The climax of it was certainly the auction, which in my opinion could have been even further fleshed out, with potential owners coming to "gauge" their purchases-to-be : examining closer, touching, belittling, praising, commenting, etc.

I agree that sometimes the progression seems "sluggish", because of the extreme encumbrance trick the mod uses to enforce slow walk, which left me wondering sometimes if my game wasn't lagging out on me. I could bear with it, but wish there was an alternative to be found in future versions of the mod.

The idea to bring in a companion in misfortune, who can provide advice, is also a keeper. I wish there was a way to cancel the camera mode once the different cutscenes start, but that is a pet-peeve of mine. Overall, it's all good stuff.

Where it quickly went downhill for me was the third fight.

Flaming swords ? Please. I don't mind some some "originality", but in the case of Fallout, which comes with a heavy lore, it's too much. I would rather first see Jedis duking it out in the Mojave than flaming swords.

Now, and as the real issue, my character is a gun-ho, a charming one, meaning that her highest stats are respectively AGI, CHA, INT and PER, in that order. She goes with "Guns", "Repair" and "Sneak" as tag skills. Her perks come as "Small Frame" and "Kamikaze". STR and END were the least of my concern when I created her. Anything that comes in close range is guaranteed to hurt her, badly more often than not.

I am betting that many people play such a kind of character, so maybe a warning would in order : "don't play this mod, but with a character focusing on melee" ?

Finally, I would like to point out that I play with other mods which enhance the challenge of the game (list of which can be provided upon request). In spite of that, I could win the first two fights easily. The third fight however not only suffers from poor balance (I am supposed to put up a decent fight with a... tire, against a flaming sword, okay), but also a buggy execution.

After trying for a good dozen of times to parry the incoming blows of the knight on steroids, and get a hit in somehow, I died every time because of the fire. Out of frustration, I went "tgm", to stop right before "winning", and even that didn't work, since my gal died, again because of the fire, leading me to the loading screen.

As far as I'm concerned, any mod that comes with such an intriguing and spicy background such as yours deserves legitimate praise. I'd like to encourage you to improve on it, which you seem to have largely done already so far. I will not hold the above against the mod in the future, but please no more flaming swords, and give any character a reasonable chance to avoid showstoppers like the one I've run into (or issue a warning ahead of time).

Thank you for sharing your work with us. I am looking forwards to more, especially "adult" extensions of it (and I am not talking about Sexout-like animations, or not only).

PS : I don't understand how such a mod could NOT be flagged as adult on the Nexus. Really shows what a bunch of hypocrites they are, if they don't mind slavery, gore and sometimes outright brutality, but start yapping at the first tit that is being flashed by tribal-like females in a survivalist world, like Fallout. Anyway...

As I posted in the Nexus' date=' excellent update. Pacing flows A LOT better. Only still a few issue to sort out pacing wise (mostly to do with HP) and everything else is in my other post.

[/quote']

Inadvertently allowing the npcs to scale with level may have had something to do with it.

The 'to be continued' thing is just irritating me now. I only put it in as a courtesy so the mod didn't end abruptly. As they say, 'no good deed goes unpunished'.

For the purposes of visibility I don't want to have to flag it as adult only. However that does not exclude the possibility of maintaining plugins as separate adult only mods - since I will be keeping the ESM format from now.

After all, its a roomy worldspace with more doors that I can reasonably fill out. I haven't even put in the industrial and farming/wild west areas I have in mind yet. The door next to the jet whores fore example looks temptingly insalubrious.

The 'to be continued' thing is just irritating me now. I only put it in as a courtesy so the mod didn't end abruptly. As they say' date=' 'no good deed goes unpunished'.

[/quote']

Well, even at lower levels, the fights are extremely tough (I went in with a level 5/6 character) so they definitely need to be 'toned down' a bit, especially Shishkebab Bob (that's what I call him btw) and me only having a lead pipe against him.

On that note, I really like the custom armours. The reinforced leather one looks like something out of Fallout Tactics, really good looking stuff.

OK, now for suggestions. I'll try and take into consideration what you've said about the adult stuff.

First off, I think during the auction, there needs to be flexibility as what you'll end up with, to start off we need distinctions for male/female, and that being reflected in the dialogue. A lot of people have been complaining about having smooth talking/sneaky characters, and then being thrown in the fights and dying all the time (not having tagged melee and such)

There are two ways to approach this. The first, in the auction, Fergurson can approach the player and ask him/her what are you good at?

And depending on what skills you've tagged, you can have something like:

[Melee/Unarmed 50%] I'm a good figther.

[speech 50%] I've been told I'm quite charismatic.

[science/Repair 50%] I'm good at fixing stuff.

[Medicine 50%] I'm a doctor.

And then have generic stuff, like:

"Fuck you I won't do what you tell me!"

"I'm not really good at much..."

From there, we can decide what the player will end up doing. Obviously melee/unarmed, Fergurson replies with something like "Good, you'll make a good pit figther/gladiator then." Speech can be "Okay, you can work in the whorehouse then." Science/Repair could be "OK, I have a few jobs for you then..." and Medicine could he like "Okay, you can take care of the figthers then."

You mentioned a farm, where I am imagining a lot of labour will be involved, so telling him to fuck off could result in something like "Yeah, with that attitude, this one's good for slave labour" and "I'm not really good at much" could land you result in something like "OK, you can just do menial work then, you'll probably make for a good house slave."

Alternatively, not sure if this is scriptable, Fergurson could have different responses depending on what's your highest trait. Charisma = beauty, and a high one of those is automatic whorehouse. Strength is obviously fight, so high strength = pit fighter, as is agility. Endurance means you can work long hours, = menial domestic work. Intelligence = repairing things, etc.

Now, let me explain the scenarios I've been thinking about, and how they would relate to this. I'm taking it that Slaver Town is quite large, and you've mentioned a farm at one point, and given all the empty buildings/houses, I am guessing you're going to populate it. So on that basis, this is what I have.

First off, there should be different paths for being enslaved, and obviously different paths to getting your freedom. Depending on your abilities, some may be 'preferable' to others, with pitt figther/farm work being the worst, whore house being in the middle, and doctor/repair guy/menial house work being the 'better' ones.

Pit-figther - You obviously have to fight your way to the top. Fights *should* be challenging, to make the game fun and because well, if you tagged melee and have high strength, you should be alright in theory. To gain your freedom, you would obviously have to fight you way to champion status, and then train figthers. To add an adult theme, Fergurson should charge free females to have sex with the 'Gladiators', as indeed happened in ancient Rome where Gladiators were considered celebrities, and women paid to have sex with them. You could also do it with some of the other female gladiators, say low performers were sent to your cell for you to 'enjoy' if you win a fight, as your 'reward'.

Whore - does what it says on the box. You get sent to the whorehouse, and well, earn a living on your back. Challenges would include maybe passing higher and higher speech checks (say you get some demanding customers that want to 'talk' after the act) and you would have to find/buy speech magazines to keep you r skills up. You get filled with drugs, and will probably become addicted. This happening, you then gain the option to buy drugs off certain people - but beware, buying the drug from say a dodgy drug dealer in the alley is fine, but being stupid and asking to buy the drug from April gets you fired, and 'downgraded' to the status of a jet whore, where you will ply your trade with the other whores, and frequently get abused by say a streetwalking pimp or something like that. He can either beat you, have his way with you, or kill you outright. The only way here to earn your freedom is to obviously not become addicted (or hide it well) and service a good number of customers, to the point you become a madame yourself. Either that, or one of the guests takes pity on your and frees you (could be a random event)

Menial work / domestic slave - You get sold to a 'family' and become their slave. Tasks involve going to stores, buying items, 'servicing' members of the house when requested, say cooking food (find/buy ingredients, cook, place on table, etc) and fixing stuff in the house. Good performance eventually nets you freedom (eventually) while bad performance has you sent to the farm, or another family of abusives who just rape you and pimp you out on the streets.

Farm - do loads of hard labour stuff like carrying stuff around, tilling the fields (can be like picking fruit/herbs/etc from plants, taking them to the shed, fixing items around the farm that always break down) and be physically and sexually abused by the guards. Having a mine nearby would also be interesting (more labour work) - this scenario is basically a death sentence (kind of like the pit figther execution) that shouldn't really result in freedom, and is a way to encourage slaves to be helpful.

Doctor/Repair guy/ - As a doctor, you maybe either operate in the arena, tending to figthers, or say there is a 'clinic' nearby, and you help the local doctor with customers, again, you need to self improve to handle increasingly more complex tasks, which eventually nets you your freedom. As a repair guy, you go around town fixing stuff (say an auto doc in the clinic, a cashier in the local store, the recorders in the whore house, a video feed in the arena, etc - until you are freed)

I like these approaches because, they allow for replayability, they show the different facets of slavery, I think abuse should feature heavily (both physical and sexual) - physical can be like they beat you till you reach a certain health treshhold, then stop, and become friendly, and sexual can obviously be fade to black - which will happen a lot more if you're a whore.

It wouldn't be hard to make a separate, Loverslab esp which instead just replaces the fade to black to allow Sexout to take over, and I think everybody wins that way.

I'd love to hear some feedback on my ideas.

i think that the Whore Slave should be more like a Sexual Downgrade on Drugs/Bad Performance. Like you get the Wierder, Nastyer or Mutated Clients.

domestic slave could be Punished in a more sexual way like do stuff with a Vibrator in her/him (only in the Abusive ofcorse)

but i like the Ideas alot you came up with

and probably some Comapanion Support like you get Sold together like a Bundle would be funny^^

Thanks for the extensive suggestions. It reminds me of how much work is ahead still.

For the immediate future, I'm bug fixing and implementing a few missing game systems:

Guard dogs that will bust your escape attempts;

'Oppressor' type npcs that will bully you;

Slave follow master or get punished - with increasing punishment for each time you push your luck.

Better door guards - the whore house bouncers are no longer using a 'startconversation' to speak to you, so they don't have to walk up to you (try getting into the whore house on the perp walk through town if you haven't already, to see what I mean);

A lovely plugin to fix the dialog trigger wait markers the GECK keeps destroying;

And a plugin to tone down the NPCs for those ill suited to the arena.

All of the above apart from the 'tone down' plugin are done and in final test as I write.

Also, I think I have dialog holes closed on all npcs now (only for the condition that you are a slave - they go 'native' when you are freed, but the basic structure of dialog vs 'slave you' is there (using a low priority dialog quest).

And collars as far as the eye can see on all the slaves and slave workers.

And finally, for all those having the 'cant read the note bug' (which I have no idea how to recreate), Gecko bob will give you the note and start the quest for you in the Goodsprings saloon.

After I push this release out, I can sit down and decide when you are 'evaluated' and what that will mean (I prefer the idea of a reasonably linear start to bring you into the world - then free form for everything else)

The first arena fight will probably be the decider - if you mess that up, I currently execute you - but its simple enough to branch from that point.

Win = continue arena path as it is now then get turned out to the outside world for work before completing training with betty

Lose = 'you are embarrassingly bad - what are you good at' - maybe get dragged to Feargus office which can form a quest hub of sorts. Which will make it a useful place to put jump off points for whatever plugins or expansions get made.

There are two office blocks next to the slaver arena with lots of scope for some sort of 'admin' centre. Where a quest start NPC can be added by a plugin.

Once I release v0.8.2, I'll write up a formal intro for this forum, in which I shall ramble on (like I am here).

Not sure if I've missed something, but I've not seen it mentioned. I completed the fighting portion and have been asked to go to the whore house, however I'm getting an issue with the bouncers dialogue not starting.

I get the zoom in for dialogue, instant zoom out and I'm invisible afterwards.

Not sure if I've missed something' date=' but I've not seen it mentioned. I completed the fighting portion and have been asked to go to the whore house, however I'm getting an issue with the bouncers dialogue not starting.

I get the zoom in for dialogue, instant zoom out and I'm invisible afterwards.

[/quote']

I haven't seen that one before. Along with other misbehaving npcs I'll add a greeting topic that kick starts them.

I tried bypassing the door with console, and got it with Holly as well, chains pretty much broken from then on. Tried poking around in GECK, but couldn't seem to fix it myself.

The rest of the mod worked flawlessly up to their though :)

Had a small hiccup with Sexout Lust that meant I could have sex over the CCTV, but that was more funny mod interaction than anything :P

Great so far. Very well done.

I have an issue with some missing bodies such as the one that talks to you when you enter the whore house just has a floating head, and there doesn't seem to be what I assume is supposed to be a dance animation. I see a lot of slaves standing around still with their hands held forward.

Edit: The floating heads is caused by SexoutCommonResources.esm. Having it enabled the dancers have (P1) armor on which makes their bodies invisible. Disabling the .esm solves the problem.