ZaZ causing crash on load

Hi all, I installed ZaZ after installing LoversLab framework, SoS, and Matchmaker. (I have other mods like exended skeleton and cbbe, etc, as well.) Ran FNIS, it loaded well. Ran BOSS, no errors. Everything was running fine, and after I loaded ZaZ, I now crash to desktop whenever I try to load in a game. If I go to NMM and disable it, no more crashes. No matter what I add or take away, the crashes only stop when I remove ZaZ, so I am sure that is the problem.

The thing is, I know it should only require the LoversLab framework and is a really simple install. I just don't see what could be going wrong. Are there any known conflicts? Is there any way I can fix this? I could just uninstall it but I'd be losing the ability to run a lot of mods I'd like to use, such as Radiant Prostitution, etc.

Please help!

The more mods you install into Skyrim, the more memory it's going to need to allocate to successfully load a save. Animation mods seem especially demanding in this regard, which is the case for Zaz. Skyrim has hard limits on how much memory it uses, regardless of how much of it your system has available, because it was designed with consoles in mind; if it exceeds the limit, you get a CTD on save load.

There are things you can try to change to fix it, like increasing SKSE's DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB setting, but the only method that seems to work 100% for everyone is by starting a fresh game every time you launch Skyrim (which will allocate most of the needed assets for the rest of your session), before loading your save file. The fastest way to do this is opening the console from the main menu, typing coc ctest and then loading your save.

Archived