Planet Side 2

Which Faction Do You Belong to?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which Faction Do You Belong to?

• The Terran Republic
    • The New Conglomerate
    • The Vanu Sovereignty

If you still have that beta key' date=' then I'd be glad to take it :)

I'm still undecided as to what faction to pick. They're all interesting, I'll just have to try them all out to determine which one I'll be sticking with in the long run.

[/quote']

Now THAT's what I call propaganda! Very persuasive! Can't believe I skipped this.

It's down to the TR and NC for me. I was actually leaning towards the NC before this. I'll have to read up a bit more on the lore though before I'm convinced.

This game is free to play right?

Yes. Completely free to play. No monthly subscriptions.

However you can buy certain skins for your character and your vehicles. They might also implement temporary experience boosters that you can buy. But the game will not be Pay to Win.

But the game will not be Pay to Win.

After seeing the health regeneration system in Resident Evil 6, how they highlight objects in front of you, and seeing Ghost Recon Future Soldier, I wonder when will developers have Tap "E" three times to win features, LOL.

Now THAT's what I call propaganda! Very persuasive! Can't believe I skipped this.

It's down to the TR and NC for me. I was actually leaning towards the NC before this. I'll have to read up a bit more on the lore though before I'm convinced.

It's got a video form now as well.

[video=youtube]

You have to love it when it builds up at the end of the speech. "Today we stand! Today we fight! Today we show these blights upon the galaxy what they have feared in their dark hearts all along!" I can't really see how people decide their faction just by the gameplay. For me it's all about the lore/roleplay/personality.

TR = Loyalty, unwavering devotion, steadfast dedication, tradition, military might.

NC = Standing up for their beliefs, willing to die for them, wanting to move to a new way of life, making do with what they can. (Harder for me to write for the NC of course, though they are the enemy faction I respect.)

TR & NC = Wanting the best for humanity.

VS = Elitist snobbery, find laser gun, call everyone else barbarians. And screw humanity, because aliens.jpg.

:D

The video would've been much better if they didn't include footage from other games in it.

I think the TR cause makes the most sense. Everything was fine until some guys rebelled. Humanity is stronger when united. Even more so under a stricter, and decisive government. Democracy, as we see in the US, is the opposite and is weaker becauseof it. Of course, the government heads should not be power hungry dictators. More like philosophical kings described by Plato (was it Plato?) It's a bit like Skyrim, I sided with the empire because the empire needed as much strength as they could to eventually fight the thalmor. Rebelling and starting a war is only really justified if the ruler(s) of the original nation are tyrants. But I see no instances of the TR being tyrants. Plus I just find rebels annoying >.<

I can safely say that I'm pro TR at this point :)

More Planetside 2 Footage from none other than TotalHalibut!

[video=youtube]

I'm glad he decided to add this footage in, even thought he audio is bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah fuck my life, I won't be able to play the beta for 1-2 weeks if not more due to a whole slew of shit :-(((((((((

Does anyone know when the beta closes? Anytime before september and I'm pretty much fucked :(

• 2 weeks later...

Played a bit of the beta, quite laggy on my PoS laptop. I really need to get a new computer...

But so far I'm liking it. The guns could use a bit more stronger sound effects though, they feel a bit weak. The driving, especially on the flash could do with some fixing (you can drive straight up trees in the flash! XD).

What about you guys?

And here's some footage from the beta:

[video=youtube]

I signed up for the beta weeks ago, still no email from Sony, which is a shame because this looks like it'll be the best FPS since Goldeneye. I mean, you can fit an entire lobby from Call of Duty in one freakin' vehicle. I think we should have a LL outfit when the game is released and we can all play together (As long as you go TR :D)

• 1 month later...

Gonna bump this thread to raise awareness of the game. The beta is opening up and allowing more people in.

Anyone got any interesting or cool experiences while playing? The other day while defending a particularly large facility, an NC outfit tried to max crash the base, we hold out for a long time and we actually managed to drive them back. Then me and a couple of other guys get in a liberator and bomb the small outpost near ours where the NC had been gathering. We were racking up points in no time :)

An LL outfit, that would be interesting!

Mmmmmmm, Planetside. That brings back some memories. I was Vanu(?) in the first one. Mainly a transport pilot / light infrantry. I think I used a slasher..been way too long, can't remember names.

I just have one important question. Did they manage to keep the feel of the first one, or now more like a generic modern day MMO shooter like CoD?

Edit: Sooo you guys are mainly TR then?

I played a litle of the Beta, i'm waiting for release before putting any real time in, but from what I felt it really does capture the Planetside feel. Its actually like stepping back into the old game, but with all the outh watering graphics and things we expect from a modern shooter (such as sprinting and the like)... without an implant (which the original had, iirc?).

I miss the BFRs. I know they were broken and all, but they were actually what drew me to the original Planetside, and I had hours of of fun in them, and remember fondly the dread you felt when one turned up or when you heard those hydrolics.

Not too fond of the MAX models, I prefered the bulkier ones of PS. They are more streamlined now.

Orbital strikes seem, for the moment, to be gone too. A good thing, because it never felt nice to be winning a battle, and just because the enemy had played waaaay too much he could wipe out dozens of people with around three seconds to react.

All in all its fun. Same as Planetside one, it will never be a game I play for days and weeks on end, like those people who can snipe you from a mile away, while you are moving, and invisible, and they are eating a burger, and watching youtube. I always found it fun to log on for an hour, kill a few enemies, die many more times than in any other game, and then go do something else. Since its free to play, it is easy to do so too, as with the first I always felt I was wasting my sub.

• 1 month later...

Tried really hard to like this, but nope. It throws you into the game without any tutorials or any idea what's going on. Just "here's a battle, good luck". I died several times before I could fire a shot. At one point I was ported to an area without any combat and had to hoof it over 2,000 meters back into the fight just to die again real quick. Oh, and there's no way to tell friend from foe so I ended up friendly firing someone to death. Seriously, why is that even an option?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived