Almost Instant CTD Upon Downloading Outhouse of Skyrim

mermaid8

Every time I install Outhouse of Skyrim my game will CTD right after the Bethesda logo appears. I have all the requirements and have tried modifying my load order yet every time my game will CTD before the main menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

No I haven't. Actually this is the first time I've heard of either of those things so I'll give them a shot. Same error happens when using the T-bucket mod so I have a feeling it might have something to do with something used in both of those mods that is causing a conflict. Thanks for responding by the way.

Have you run LOOT for load order and also run TES5EDIT to make sure there is nothing wrong in your load order?

Alright now to test something out I uninstalled every mod I have and only installed Outhouse of skyrim and tried launching with all the necessities as well and it still crashes before the main menu. I'm at a standstill. Never had a mod that did this before. Weird.

No I haven't. Actually this is the first time I've heard of either of those things so I'll give them a shot. Same error happens when using the T-bucket mod so I have a feeling it might have something to do with something used in both of those mods that is causing a conflict. Thanks for responding by the way.

Have you run LOOT for load order and also run TES5EDIT to make sure there is nothing wrong in your load order?

LOOT sorts your load order TES5EDIT when run will try to load all of the mods you have installed if it hits a error in your load order it will stop and give you a *a error occured while loading modulars. Editing is disabled. Check the message log and correct the error. It that error pops up it means a master file which is needed to be above the .esp is either missing or below the .esp. 90% of the time a crash at the logo of any beth game means a master is missing or the master is below the .esp needing it above it.

When you run  TES5EDIT you can also check and see what a .esp's masters are and in what over they are listed in the .esp. Click the + to get the drop down and then click on file header and look at the right screen it will list all the masters that .esp needs.

LOOT sorts your load order TES5EDIT when run will try to load all of the mods you have installed if it hits a error in your load order it will stop and give you a *a error occured while loading modulars. Editing is disabled. Check the message log and correct the error. It that error pops up it means a master file which is needed to be above the .esp is either missing or below the .esp. 90% of the time a crash at the logo of any beth game means a master is missing or the master is below the .esp needing it above it.

When you run  TES5EDIT you can also check and see what a .esp's masters are and in what over they are listed in the .esp. Click the + to get the drop down and then click on file header and look at the right screen it will list all the masters that .esp needs.

Ah. I downloaded TES5EDIT and got that exact message. With and without Outhouse of skyrim. My load order is probably all screwed up without me realizing it. Is LOOT on Nexus?

I don't suggest to use Loot, The LL mods aren't set in a good order and most of the times they're unmoved. So it doesn't provide an useful solution.

Simply use TES5Edit, load all your loadorder and when it stop it tell you which mod has problem, it also tell you where it should be loaded or not (after/before) or if something is missing.

This will grant at least to access the main menu.

I have to disagree there, LOOT sorts things according to a master list as well as watching for dependencies to make sure a master isn't after the mod that needs it, which helps with sorting unlisted mods such as the ones from loverslab. It shouldn't be disregarded, as it still helps much more than just using TES5Edit alone. You might be confusing it with BOSS, which was known to not move mods that were not on the master list.

Tes5Edit takes quite a while to fully load, where as LOOT takes only a few seconds and will do the exact same thing as well as alerting which mods should be cleaned.

Not saying DON'T use TES5Edit, as it is very useful for cleaning dirty mods as well as finding conflicts. But it still does not have features that LOOT does, therefore it should be used WITH TES5Edit, instead of just using TES5Edit alone.

Ok, didnt read all the comments but a CTD after bethesta logo is a missing master (meaning that you need another mod in order to run the one you want)

And sometimes that requirement has a requierement and so on. So, before you even bother with all the things people said (LooT, TESEDIT, etc) make sure you have all the needed mods.

In this case

1 - "Outhouse of skyrim" needs "Private needs" to run

2 - "Private needs" needs (sorry for the redundance) ZAZ Animation pack and Strotis Outdoor Toilet Resourse

3 - "ZAZ Animation pack" needs:

a ) Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS by Fore  (wich has no requirements)
b ) Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework by Ashal  (wich requieres SKSE http://skse.silverlock.org/ and SkyUI 5.0 or higher http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863/?)
c ) XP32 Maximum Skeleton -XPMS by xp32 (wich requires Realistic Ragdolls and Force http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/601/?)

4 - and finally, Strotis Outdoor Toilet Resourse, has no requirements

Make sure you have all those mods installed and working before you try Outhouse of Skyrim

Note on requirement 3 - a) FNIS

If you never heard of LOOT then its likely you do not know what FNIS is either. You will have to read a proper guide on how to use this tool. Also, mind that the guide will have different steps depending on if you use NMM or Mod Organizer .

I don't suggest to use Loot, The LL mods aren't set in a good order and most of the times they're unmoved. So it doesn't provide an useful solution.

Simply use TES5Edit, load all your loadorder and when it stop it tell you which mod has problem, it also tell you where it should be loaded or not (after/before) or if something is missing.

This will grant at least to access the main menu.

I have to disagree there, LOOT sorts things according to a master list as well as watching for dependencies to make sure a master isn't after the mod that needs it, which helps with sorting unlisted mods such as the ones from loverslab. It shouldn't be disregarded, as it still helps much more than just using TES5Edit alone. You might be confusing it with BOSS, which was known to not move mods that were not on the master list.

Tes5Edit takes quite a while to fully load, where as LOOT takes only a few seconds and will do the exact same thing as well as alerting which mods should be cleaned.

Not saying DON'T use TES5Edit, as it is very useful for cleaning dirty mods as well as finding conflicts. But it still does not have features that LOOT does, therefore it should be used WITH TES5Edit, instead of just using TES5Edit alone.

I have to disagree with your disagreement.

I've spent 4/5 days to fix a problem that should be solved by the LOOT. And basing on the assumption that "It's not possible, Loot should already have fixed that" the problem has taken much more time that it should.

Anyway I admit that there's a translations error: it's not "Don't use" but "don't trust" Loot (my bad).

Because errors on the load order could remains (as happend to me).

It's not unreasonable: The Loot masterlist by it's nature must be continuosly updated and fixed as new info and mods come out. It's obvious that something could escape.

If we must speak about Dirty edit, Missing masters, GENERAL advice about the load order, yeah, it finds that, and is a good tool for that, but my translation correction explain what I mean.

In any case, It's just an opinion, feel free to disregard.

Sounds more an issue with whatever you did or whatever mod you were using, rather than LOOT. Never had any problems regarding LOOT messing up the load order in a way that would cause serious problems. Like I explained, the masterlist is used where applicable and for everything else, it is sorted using dependencies.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm just trying to make sure that the help and advice given to people is reliable, rather than outlying opinions from one-off bad experiences which may or may not even be relevant to their situation and if followed, could cause more problems later down the line. Call it preventative measures.

Ok, didnt read all the comments but a CTD after bethesta logo is a missing master (meaning that you need another mod in order to run the one you want)

And sometimes that requirement has a requierement and so on. So, before you even bother with all the things people said (LooT, TESEDIT, etc) make sure you have all the needed mods.

In this case

2 - "Private needs" needs (sorry for the redundance) ZAZ Animation pack and Strotis Outdoor Toilet Resourse

b ) Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework by Ashal  (wich requieres SKSE http://skse.silverlock.org/ and SkyUI 5.0 or higher http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863/?)
c ) XP32 Maximum Skeleton -XPMS by xp32 (wich requires Realistic Ragdolls and Force http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/601/?)

Make sure you have all those mods installed and working before you try Outhouse of Skyrim

If you never heard of LOOT then its likely you do not know what FNIS is either. You will have to read a proper guide on how to use this tool. Also, mind that the guide will have different steps depending on if you use NMM or Mod Organizer .

Just to clarify, Private needs does not need Strotis Outdoor Toilet resource. I know it says it on the mod page, but It can be used without it with zero problems and it saves space for another mod.

@Versh

Just like the old BOSS which is no longer used except for oblivion it can still make mistakes no automatic tool is 100% failsafe meaning that it can still makes mistakes.

Just like BOSS you sort your load order next manually move the ones to the correct spot that don't get moved or to where the author states they should be at.

With BOSS it only sorts the normal mods it doesn't sort most lovers mods as it can only sort what is listed in the master list. You could however update your master list for it so that it sorted everything you were using.

...cut...

Your argument is invalid...

Opinions are opinions, they could be right, they couldn't be, they could give inspiration to find the right solution or not.

I've only said "Be careful and don't think Loot as Golden Solution, I had problem in the recent past", then: this could help with the problem or not, help another user or not.

Good for you if you don't have any doubt about Loot, but if my opinion is reliable or not isn't matter of discussion. As said, is an opinion.

Another opinion: i'm quite sure that mermaid8 doen't give a duck about what you or I think about Loot, but only to have a solution :P

@Versh

Just like the old BOSS which is no longer used except for oblivion it can still make mistakes no automatic tool is 100% failsafe meaning that it can still makes mistakes.

Just like BOSS you sort your load order next manually move the ones to the correct spot that don't get moved or to where the author states they should be at.

With BOSS it only sorts the normal mods it doesn't sort most lovers mods as it can only sort what is listed in the master list. You could however update you mater list for it so that it sorted everything you were using.

...You're repeating what I've said...

"Be careful and don't think Loot as Golden Solution, I had problem in the recent past"

I've said "Be Careful" NOT "Loot is the Pure Evil incarneted"...

Calling my argument invalid is just being rude. Just because I don't agree with your shortsighted opinion doesn't mean you can just say mine is irrelevant. One problem out of a 1000 successes doesn't mean that it is suddenly unreliable, it can be counted as outlying data and in this case can easily be attributed to user error. I never said it was the golden solution, LOOT doesn't pose itself as a golden solution, it's a tool, just like TES5Edit is, used to check a load order for issues and address them to the user with an end goal of increasing stability. The message is, your game will be more stable with LOOT than without, this is not an opinion, this is fact.

As for the OP's problem, it's safe to say that's it just a case of organization. Which is what the tools associated with skyrim are for.

@Yuuen

...Rude? Oh gods...

All right:

is my opinion that I must disagree with your conclusion, considering your argumentation of the hypotesis can't sustain the hypotesis itself...

STILL we're talking about this and not about the problem of the Topic.

So, considering that this is a discussion that only produce spam, I'll politely erease my previous comment and replace with only one line:

"My opinion is: Be Careful with Loot, sometimes it requires manual fix on the load order as happend to me, feel free to disregard this advice" (that is what I've said before)

Said so, I'm not interested to continue this non-sense about how good/bad is Loot...

@Yuuen

...Rude? Oh gods...

All right:

is my opinion that I must disagree with your conclusion, considering your argumentation of the hypotesis can't sustain the hypotesis itself...

STILL we're talking about this and not about the problem of the Topic.

So, considering that this is a discussion that only produce spam, I'll politely erease my previous comment and replace with only one line:

"My opinion is: Be Careful with Loot, sometimes it requires manual fix on the load order as happend to me, feel free to disregard this advice" (that is what I've said before)

Said so, I'm not interested to continue this non-sense about how good/bad is Loot...

"You're wrong because you're wrong"

Is all you are able to say it seems. Good retort. Seeing as how a lack of understanding and lesser language skills are going to make this go in circles, I'll step back and stop straining you.

I'll just say one last thing.

Manual alterations are just a part of of being vigilant, not a fault of LOOT and should not be blamed on loot, instead the fault should be on the user for not understanding the mods they are trying to use.

I have all of the required mods and use FNIS religiously yet still get the CTD after the logo so I don't think it's that issue. I've had issues where I was missing a required mod before and got the CTD when using other mods then downloaded the required mod and boom it worked fine. This mod is being stubborn though and I still get the CTD with the required mods and running FNIS.

In this case

After fiddling around a little and making sure all of my requirements are correct my assumption is that I'm missing a master. I have no idea where to even start with that so all of your input would be fantastic. TES5EDIT has done nothing for me so I'm at another standstill.

I have all of the required mods and use FNIS religiously yet still get the CTD after the logo so I don't think it's that issue. I've had issues where I was missing a required mod before and got the CTD when using other mods then downloaded the required mod and boom it worked fine. This mod is being stubborn though and I still get the CTD with the required mods and running FNIS.

mermaid8

You missunderstand me. I never said it was because you dont use FNIS, i just said that if you didnt know what loot is then chances were you did not know what FNIS was, thats all. Luckly i was wrong abou it!

If you read my post you will see that i agree with the idea that there is a missing master. I assume you do not use Mod Organizer, right? MO tells you when there is a missing master right from the start and as loot incorporated in it.

mermaid8

You missunderstand me. I never said it was because you dont use FNIS, i just said that if you didnt know what loot is then chances were you did not know what FNIS was, thats all. Luckly i was wrong abou it!

If you read my post you will see that i agree with the idea that there is a missing master. I assume you do not use Mod Organizer, right? MO tells you when there is a missing master right from the start and as loot incorporated in it.

Ah! Sorry I didn't read close enough friend. I use NMM.

Archived