Any Tuto about using blender 2.7x nif plugin?

Androol

There are nif plugin in the blender section of niftool that supposedly work with blender 2.7x and skyrim.

I installed the Nightly Dev builds Pre-Alpha 4 alternative but can't figure out how to get anything other than error message out of it.

Is there any tutorial about using it or what to install and how to use it if it wasn't the best choice for the current blender version?

I can't get nifscripts, or the necessary PyFFI and Python versions to work with 2.7.  I don't think they're compatible since I've tried every install possible in program files and program files (x86).  I still use 2.49 for nifs but I use 2.7 for everything else. *shrugs*

I can't get nifscripts, or the necessary PyFFI and Python versions to work with 2.7.  I don't think they're compatible since I've tried every install possible in program files and program files (x86).  I still use 2.49 for nifs but I use 2.7 for everything else. *shrugs*

In the post of niftool forum linked at the bottom there is a link for a plug in that is supposed to work with blender 2.76b ( last blender version actually)

The author say in his last post:

"I last developed on 2.76b so the file in my sig link will work, I don't know what version of blender the official plug-in was last used with, but it was 2.7+ so that should work with 2.76 also."

So there is the place to find the nifscript ( in his sign) but I can't figure out how to make it work. I don't know what the necessary PyFFI can't be as there is almost no info on how to use it that I found. There is info that can be gathered in people question but google can't find them so it's like a treasure hunt to get them.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6323

I read multiple report saying that alpha release worked for them but nobody explaining how.

Edit: As blender 2.76 is 2 or 3 UI rework after 2.49 Its hard to try to understand the script based on 2.49 tutos for me even if I started using blender before 2.49. I'm just a lazy hobbyist not a pro.

• 1 year later...

I can't get blender to open Nif files in ANY version.  looks like nifscripts 2.5.9 (last version I found that works with blender 2.49) no longer exists on the web.  wasted HOURS trying to find a pluggin/addon for blender that lets you open nif files and no luck.

frustrating and sad lol I guess modding is over unless you want to buy 3dsMax.

Maybe if someone in the universe can link to a working nifscripts installer we'd be back in business but the file is gone from sourceforge

I can't get blender to open Nif files in ANY version.  looks like nifscripts 2.5.9 (last version I found that works with blender 2.49) no longer exists on the web.  wasted HOURS trying to find a pluggin/addon for blender that lets you open nif files and no luck.

Maybe if someone in the universe can link to a working nifscripts installer we'd be back in business but the file is gone from sourceforge

Try this.

blender_nif_scripts-2.5.9.77b0815-windows.rar

It's the raw exe compressed.  Just extract it and run it.

Try this.

attachicon.gifblender_nif_scripts-2.5.9.77b0815-windows.rar

It's the raw exe compressed.  Just extract it and run it.

Thank you!!!  Also, for any other poor soul who wastes as much time as I did trying to get the nif scripts to work with blender:  ignore the default install locations for each file (blender, python, etc.)  Create a new folder and make all the installers go to the exact same place!  Trust...

The tutorials on the NexusWiki are suitable as a starting point.  THE BEST tutorials for Bethesda work using Blender are on TESAlliance.

Even their Tutorials aren't that great there is info that really really needs addressed when doing conversions like Gloves, Boots & Long dresses, along with weight painting.

but I have concluded those topics are considered taboo since NO ONE what's to take the time to explain how to accomplish this in ANY version of Blender.

if your looking for a really good working version of Blender 2.49b get X-Blender I have used if for a few years now trouble free it's got all the required elements the standred version requires wrapped into one.    X-Blender

Also look for Niskope version 1.1.3 it's what a have to use to get Blender to read the Nifs.

Even their Tutorials aren't that great there is info that really really needs addressed when doing conversions like Gloves, Boots & Long dresses, along with weight painting.

but I have concluded those topics are considered taboo since NO ONE what's to take the time to explain how to accomplish this in ANY version of Blender.

That is the 'I know something you don't..haha'' mindset.  I've encountered it first-hand.  When importing Skyrim gloves and tall boots into Blender most likely the partitions are getting reassigned, even if you didn't edit the mesh or reweight anything.  I redo the partitions manually face by face.  And if you're trying to edit an existing mesh that's been ran through OutfitStudio you can forget about the partitions being correct.  The best way to beat that is to rig the mesh to a vanilla Skyrim body and then fix everything...and THEN rig it to the body you intend to use.

yeah I have learned a work around in blender that allow me to convert boots & highheels, the thing I do is I use the Bone weight copy & when I do High heels I find a UNP highheels FOOT that's at the correct or close to the correct height I need to fit the shoe I am wanting to convert,  then I form fit the shoe to the foot align Both to the Body I am using & I Also add the required UV maps etc.. & then I delete ALL the bone weights from BOTH the shoe & the Foot & I copy the weight from the BODY to the Shoe & Foot & then I import the Skeleton for the BODY & I Export them all at once & when in nifskope I delete the Body & voila. it's a bit harder for long sleeve Gloves though & I am still trying to find a work around for that one.

But yeah your right very experianced modders that really know how to use blender don't like to give up their knowledge very easily it's kind of an Arrogant sort of mind set for sure I have made a Blender Tutorial because I like to share & I want to teach those who are willing to learn & perhaps if they learn from me then they can eventually become great modders & create something great that we all can use. Now I won't say they are all arrogant because I was taught by a damn good modder but he wasn't into creating Armors he was into weapons. but he taught me what he knew about armor conversions. & I took off from there & now I have a HUGE collection of armors I have converted But alot of really good modder are only waiting for someone to ask them what they know, but the problem is who are these modders that know their way in & out of Blender.  it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

I can use 3DSMax but I am really limited to what I can do in it, meaning I can learn the program, if I buckle down & watch & learn from the videos but i first learned in Blender 2.49b & I can whip through armor conversions relatively fast & I am so much more accustomed to using it that I keep going back to it. 

I know alot of really good modders, & most of them have either moved on to other things or pretty much mod for themselves now & remain silent in the modding community, & alot of them have quit because of mod thiefs who claim others work as their own & I can totally understand where they are coming from.

got the error too when first time installing it for 2.75 cause I just extract them into scripts folder

this is what I do, open User Preferences and click Install from file.. under [Add-ons] tab

then target to nif-blender-script-etcetc.7z

save user settings.

not really use it for nif, but import and export just fine

• 1 month later...

Some interesting and useful comments, thanks all.  Just an update that I have managed to come up with a working version of blender and a workflow that's pretty messy.  basically i need TWO blender installs (one for 2.49b and one of the current blender) and i go back and forth between them.  2.49b seems to be the only way to get a viable nif exported despite the few tutorials claiming you can do it from 2.78.

Trying to create some male armors because the universe is so hopelessly overladen with female mods.

Now I've managed to make one _0 armor that deforms badly lol and a different _1 armor that is too complicated for what I'm trying to do.  its a male armor involving a transparency and a seethru underwear.  SOS doesn't seem to be working though; if I set the armor to revealing in creation kit I just get a hole where schlong should be, and if I put the object for the schlong in the nif it doesn't change skin tone like the body does so it looks off.  And as with the first armor the deformation is awful.

I totally agree with your comments that modders jealously guard their knowledge; i have found absolutely no information about weight painting that apply specifically to blender for skyrim.  There's a little about copying bone weights; but nothing at all about how to touch up areas the scripts get 'off.'  I've seen one or two posts suggesting you can load animations into blender to test the deformation at different frames, but not how to actually DO that.  So that's the next area I will be struggling on... lots of guessing and trial and error.  maybe if I get something that doesn't look like total crap I'll put some screenshots up :) (ignore the texture; will def redraw if/when the mesh ever moves how I want it to)

All I can say is if I ever figure any of this out I will NOT keep that knowledge to myself; and the last few people who feel like making armors before the next one comes out will get as much help as I can give lol

post-1640532-0-41327200-1492487422_thumb.jpg

Archived