My Review: The Avengers

Kashiwaba Tomoe

::EDIT::

This image sums the movie up, quote from later in thread.

My review of The Avengers

mind-blown.gif

::EDIT::

Without spoiling it, since it's not out in the US yet, let me just say two words.

FUCKING EPIC

Oh and Colson dies like a boss.

Well to be honest all it required was the actors work together and it'd have been at least decent.

They did, and then some.

Plus the movie itself worked even better than one would have expected.

The only real 'downside' (aside from the bit in spoiler tags in my first post) was that some fights could have been carried on longer. Of course the movie was already over two hours long.....

As for specific great points

* Black Widow interrogating Loki, pretending to be begging for Hawkeye, instead she plays Loki perfectly.

* Black Widow's entrance into the movie (the interrogation scene, and Colson just patiently waiting on the phone listening to the carnage in the background.

* Black Widow. A generation of young men shall grow up masturbating to her. She steals so many scenes it gets silly. Great acting.

* Banner/Hulk. FUCK YOU EDWARD NORTON. Seriously, the way they mapped the actors expressions to the CGI and what not, it was great. Actor did great too.

* Hulk. After teaming up on the big robot with Thor, Hulk and Thor are perched on top of the robot where it crashed in a building. Suddenly Hulk stiffarms Thor.

* Hulk Vs. Loki. ROFL LMFAO. Go home folks no epic fight here. Hulk just picks Loki up, smashes him like a ragdoll, and Loki is laid out for the next 10-15 minutes as the fight wraps up.

* Stark: When he tries to put Colson off by saying it was Starks Life Model Decoy answering the phone. Little comic book references like that that make it even better. Also a big part of why the star wars prequels failed so hard, they ignored the books, etc (despite lucas forcing continuity on the authors)

However there WERE a few scenes that could have been done a tad better, but not many and not by much.

What stands out the most is when Cap tries to give orders to the cops, and the cops are like 'who are you'. A bunch of aliens attack, cap smashes them, looks like he dismembers one even. Cop immediately starts issuing caps orders over the radio. Cap should have shot off 'Because I'm the Captain'. That or have someone else say as much.

dear god as much as I torrent movies and delete them, often without finishing, I will be seeing this one in the theaters.

Truck breaks down, I'm going to be walking 5-6 miles each way.

That good.

Guest flingingfeces

Just got back from seeing it. Awesomesauceness all around. Hulk stiff arming Thor had everyone in the theater laughing. The Hulk was really the cream of the crop in the movie in my opinion. When he says I'm always angry then smashes the hell out of that giant flying worm. Man that was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived