Duel Combat - Realism or Ultimate Combat?

Trainee

Currently looking at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33589/? as a way to put some difficulty back into the game (besides just turning skyrim's difficulty to legendary, that only changes how much damage you do and take, which turns enemies into tanks and you into paper... boring...)

good find this is going to make my adept or maybe novice into  hell mode  i hope they dont die fast with nord hero sword or holy sword   :D  :D

Currently looking at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33589/? as a way to put some difficulty back into the game (besides just turning skyrim's difficulty to legendary, that only changes how much damage you do and take, which turns enemies into tanks and you into paper... boring...)

good find this is going to make my adept or maybe novice into  hell mode  i hope they dont die fast with nord hero sword or holy sword   :D  :D

Just don't read too much into the abreviation  :D

I don't use ASIS though.

Removing HLE fixed the problems I was having but now everything is TOO easy.... I am starting to miss Duel combat... but I can tell the game is more stable after removing it...  :(

if the game is too easy try using Asis and use npc`s can use perks and use potion 

or you could use loot and degration if your using vanilla weapons and armors or replacers it can make your weapon break and armor also 

and also im using this Eating Sleeping Drinking  is not animation that i really like about here  there`s a running features in here that makes your drain stamina when running and also makes you encoumbered when your out of stamina so basically you would save your stamina and you will avoid spamming powerful attack 

I use Ineed as my needs mod. Would degradation work with Immersive armors and complete crafting overhaul?

I havnt actually looked at ASIS much, what other combat mods woudl you recommend with Ultimate combat?

the loot and degration only works on vanilla skyrim or any vanilla armor replacers im not sure about immersive though cause i remember my immersive double axe just break when i hit on a dummy alot of time just test it but im sure that unique weapon wont break 

Just don't read too much into the abreviation  :D

i think those are from combat evolve or the rev of the enemies i remember getting the holy sword from red eagle that was a hell of a fight lol hide and i use my followers to attack him then hide again if he just attack me just once i can die in short i got 1 hitted lol 

I use Ineed as my needs mod. Would degradation work with Immersive armors and complete crafting overhaul?

I havnt actually looked at ASIS much, what other combat mods woudl you recommend with Ultimate combat?

I recommend Fighting Fatigue and attack commitment. They can somewhat make fighting a little bit more complicated, especially attack commitment.

Fighting Fatigue is a lot of things relating to stamina. 

If you plan to use ASIS, using ACE works quite well, assuming you dont run a perk overhaul tree.

Though judging thus far, I take it you like ultimate combat more than Duel Combat? 

snip

I recommend Fighting Fatigue and attack commitment. They can somewhat make fighting a little bit more complicated, especially attack commitment.

Though judging thus far, I take it you like ultimate combat more than Duel Combat?

Well my game has been crashing less often at least. I do like some of the changes Ultimate does compared to duel, like not losing half my stamina on one power attack, and having stamina drain for normal attacks as well. Attack commitment seems kind of pointless without a dodge mod, and I don't really care to add that to my load order since it is already dangerously close to the 255 mod limit.

Well my game has been crashing less often at least. I do like some of the changes Ultimate does compared to duel, like not losing half my stamina on one power attack, and having stamina drain for normal attacks as well. Attack commitment seems kind of pointless without a dodge mod, and I don't really care to add that to my load order since it is already dangerously close to the 255 mod limit.

You should try merging some files together. 

I installed around 400 mods into my Skyrim spite my problems are Sexlab scripts. 

Most of the merge normally doesn't work with any .bsa files unless they're extracted.

snip

if you could make some space you could try asis you can make their spawn inc or not  or can make npc`s use health potions which is why i use to sneak attack so i can get potions left and make`s AI smarter and also you can let the npc`s use skill perk if your perk if your perkover haul is too overoverpowered then dont activate this 

If you plan to use ASIS, using ACE works quite well, assuming you dont run a perk overhaul tree.

these attack commitment mod is great i hate it how they can change their attack direction  

Ok, added ASIS and strong enemy extreme and OBIS. Seems to be much, much better now. I will post again after playing with this for a few hours in case there are balancing issues (only fought a few enemies so far, not sure how all the enemies will be effected)

I stopped using combat mods with heavy cloak script implementation as part of a general effort to reduce script lags. I'd read Grimy's comments on reddit, he concluded that Deadly Combat and Action Combat were worst offenders because they attach a constant effect to all npcs they touch. Don't want that in my game. Ultimate Combat's still incompatible with FNIS 6 as far as I can see.

I'm running Grimy's Combat Patcher alongside Skytweaks and Vigor. That's a combo I can vouch for, it makes the combat difficulty curve feel much smoother, and I feel less like a demigod.

I heard about Deadly Combat and it's potential save bloat issue, but I never saw what it was in reference to. Do you know if the scripts are attached to NPCs for a specific feature (e.g. stagger, locational damage, etc) or if they're attached regardless of feature?

I ask since I turn off some features for Deadly Combat.

As fir Vigor, do you know if there's a way to disable the "no regen when HP <75%" feature? I only found options to turn off injuries. I wanted to like Vigor but I removed it when I realized Vigor would require my character to carry around an enormous supply of healing items (dropping to 75% HP is pretty easy in any type of engagement).

I like some of the other features, but the changes to HP regen is too different to make it a direct alternative to the big three combat mods.

snip

Just an FYI, but TK Dodge 2.0 is awesome. The 2.0 revision is much more responsive and is actually useful now.

All the old dodge mods were pointless because of the delay between input and actual dodging (you would get hit by the time the character dodged).

Edit: Sorry, double posted. Forgot I responded to another post in this thread earlier.

have anyone tried action combat i think its good base on the description on what i just saw 

has anyone tried this yet cause im planning on adding these i wanna know some of its pro`s and con`s 

and also does it cause save bloats

From what I read and heard know. 

Action Combat does indeed cause save bloats, but according to the author "The save bloats are very minor".

Apparently, he is working on a way to getting rid of the save bloats (unlike the Duel - Combat author). 

I think one of his recommendation is stopping the papyrus.

Although, upon using both Duel - Combat and Ultimate Combat for a bit, I seem to notice the difficulty on the NPC's blocking.

Deadly Combat isn't a choice?

I like Ultimate Combat, except for its stagger mechanic. It only applies on power attacks, has a delay to it, and the animation makes you lose complete control for quite a while. Deadly Combat's stagger is more responsive, works for regular attacks, and feels better because it's briefer.

Action Combat also adds nice mechanics (most responsive stagger system, weapon parrying, stamina drain on attacks). It will supposedly cause save bloat though since it doesn't remove scripts from NPCs; it only stops the script.

Nope, it's not.

The only scripted cloak mod that cleans itself is Ultimate.

Only.

Single.

One.

That's it.

Combat Evolved and Blocking anims and stuff like that without cloaking is fine. The rest is simply not, if you intend to finish your game.

I stopped using combat mods with heavy cloak script implementation as part of a general effort to reduce script lags. I'd read Grimy's comments on reddit, he concluded that Deadly Combat and Action Combat were worst offenders because they attach a constant effect to all npcs they touch. Don't want that in my game. Ultimate Combat's still incompatible with FNIS 6 as far as I can see.

I'm running Grimy's Combat Patcher alongside Skytweaks and Vigor. That's a combo I can vouch for, it makes the combat difficulty curve feel much smoother, and I feel less like a demigod. 

6.2 is compatible with tk mods, though it seems to have an issue with HDT.

have anyone tried action combat i think its good base on the description on what i just saw 

has anyone tried this yet cause im planning on adding these i wanna know some of its pro`s and con`s 

Action Combat does indeed cause save bloats, but according to the author "The save bloats are very minor".

Apparently, he is working on a way to getting rid of the save bloats (unlike the Duel - Combat author). 

Although, upon using both Duel - Combat and Ultimate Combat for a bit, I seem to notice the difficulty on the NPC's blocking.

ok thanks, duel  combat is okay i use it all the time but the problem is it makes save bloats thats why i just decided to uninstall it  im still testing deadly combat if its good to combine with ultimate combat

I like Ultimate Combat, except for its stagger mechanic. It only applies on power attacks, has a delay to it, and the animation makes you lose complete control for quite a while. Deadly Combat's stagger is more responsive, works for regular attacks, and feels better because it's briefer.

Action Combat also adds nice mechanics (most responsive stagger system, weapon parrying, stamina drain on attacks). It will supposedly cause save bloat though since it doesn't remove scripts from NPCs; it only stops the script.

Nope, it's not.

Only.

Single.

One.

That's it.

Combat Evolved and Blocking anims and stuff like that without cloaking is fine. The rest is simply not, if you intend to finish your game.

what kind of issue?

ok thanks, duel  combat is okay i use it all the time but the problem is it makes save bloats thats why i just decided to uninstall it  im still testing deadly combat if its good to combine with ultimate combat

Sadly, Deadly Combat also save bloats, the author is aware of this and is hoping someone to find a fix for it (I think).

Also Deadly Combat, Duel - Combat and Ultimate Combat are the same mods. So I am not sure if its a good idea. 

I thought Duel and Ultimate would be fine together as I want the swing stamina (which I don't need after finding fighting fatigue).

So far, I am thinking of installing Action Combat, even though it save bloats.

Although my Skyrim are starting to get very difficult to play as I am already having trouble with fighting only 4 white run guards.

Nope, it's not.

Only.

Single.

One.

That's it.

what kind of issue?

HDT only loads about one out of 4 times my normal save. I have an HDT/SMP profile that  has 12 esps and everything is fine there, my normal profile is 20 esms an about 170 esps and it randomly stops loading HDT since upgrading FNIS and XPMSE to their latest iterations. Since that's the only thing that's changed, that's likely where the issue is.

Nope, it's not.

Only.

Single.

One.

That's it.

what kind of issue?

HDT only loads about one out of 4 times my normal save. I have an HDT/SMP profile that  has 12 esps and everything is fine there, my normal profile is 20 esms an about 170 esps and it randomly stops loading HDT since upgrading FNIS and XPMSE to their latest iterations. Since that's the only thing that's changed, that's likely where the issue is.

is it really that bad or just a minor issue?

Welp there's no proof exactly what it is, so I wouldn't jump on the "definitely _____" train quite yet.

I do know it's an interaction between FNIS/XPMSE and HDT, and that's it.

Could be a new memory interaction/alignment issue, could be a load order issue now that both XP and FNIS have esps (which is actually the likeliest cause) could be a combination thereof interacting with the particular ENB set up I have. All possibilities.

All that will take time to test out and eliminate.

There is a patch for ultimate combat in FNIS version 6.2, works fine for me.

Oh that's good news. I still find Ultimate Combat's stagger mechanic causes me some stodgy slowdown when there's more than a couple of NPCs in a fight, but then my setup is quite delicate. 

The mods I talked about seem to have much less impact than UC does , they're all very lightweight on my system. 

Welp there's no proof exactly what it is, so I wouldn't jump on the "definitely _____" train quite yet.

I do know it's an interaction between FNIS/XPMSE and HDT, and that's it.

Could be a new memory interaction/alignment issue, could be a load order issue now that both XP and FNIS have esps (which is actually the likeliest cause) could be a combination thereof interacting with the particular ENB set up I have. All possibilities.

All that will take time to test out and eliminate.

ok thanks i have tried hdt and ultimate combat and ive played for 8 hours so far theres no issue of loading it 

Archived