Installing DOA5 mods on Steam

ArkBlanc

I've been trying for hours now to install a mod that adds some costumes to DOA5: Last Round, but to do that, I apparently need "3dmgame.ini" or "steam_api.ini" which apparently should be inside my game folder on Steam. The problem is, I can't find either, anywhere. I even went and made all hidden files visible. I did find "Steam_Api" (inside the DOA folder) which is a DLL file, but I don't know what that one is about, as it's just strange letters strewn across in an undicepherable manner.

Any of you wise sages care to help? Am I doing something wrong, or looking at the wrong place? Or is my system just missing the required files?

I've been trying for hours now to install a mod that adds some costumes to DOA5: Last Round, but to do that, I apparently need "3dmgame.ini" or "steam_api.ini" which apparently should be inside my game folder on Steam. The problem is, I can't find either, anywhere. I even went and made all hidden files visible. I did find "Steam_Api" (inside the DOA folder) which is a DLL file, but I don't know what that one is about, as it's just strange letters strewn across in an undicepherable manner.

Any of you wise sages care to help? Am I doing something wrong, or looking at the wrong place? Or is my system just missing the required files?

There are several guides already on this site for finding and installing the needed 3DMgame.ini and related files (search is your friend, seriously) but here is my Tools/Help Topic to get you started, just download my "DLC ini Hack 1.04.rar" and unpack it, then drop it into the same folder as game.exe is in, hitting yes if prompted to overwrite:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54820-doa5lr-a-few-modding-tools-updated-121715/

I will do my best to help this kind of end-user of Mods questions there and you can find a large number of other helpful guides linked if you prefer to ask someone else or I fail to be helpful enough.

You can't use mods with the default steam version. Without 1st going through a really complicated process at least. There is a guide somewhere around here for that.

What most people here are using is a modified steam version that has those extra files you mentioned. But by doing so you will not be able to play online or unlock achievements.

There are several guides already on this site for finding and installing the needed 3DMgame.ini and related files (search is your friend, seriously) but here is my Tools/Help Topic to get you started, just download my "DLC ini Hack 1.04.rar" and unpack it, then drop it into the same folder as game.exe is in, hitting yes if prompted to overwrite:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54820-doa5lr-a-few-modding-tools-updated-121715/

I will do my best to help this kind of end-user of Mods questions there and you can find a large number of other helpful guides linked if you prefer to ask someone else or I fail to be helpful enough.

Thanks man, you're a lifesaver <3

I really did search, but google gave incomplete answers. I guess I shuould've searched locally on this site instead- I'll keep that in mind next time.

You can't use mods with the default steam version. Without 1st going through a really complicated process at least. There is a guide somewhere around here for that.

What most people here are using is a modified steam version that has those extra files you mentioned. But by doing so you will not be able to play online or unlock achievements.

Actually you CAN use DLC Mods with the Official Steam Version, and its not very hard to do either, but there are two downsides:

- you will lose your old save file in the process.

- you can't play online with them enabled.

If people do not mind starting their unlocks over and having to change a few lines in a .ini file before going online then it can be done in under 15mins.

Replacer Mods can be done as well and will not break your saves or need to be uninstalled to play online, but they are much harder to learn how to do.

• 1 month later...

You CAN use mods in the Steam version

Your save WON'T be lost. 

You CAN go online. 

There's even a tutorial (remove the spaces because I can't post links): 

undertow . club / threads / doa5lr-how-to-use-mods-in-the-steam-version.3225

This links redirects to some video. 

I'm a bit lost :-( I have the 1.4 version from Steam and I want to install some TMC replacers. I downloaded lnk_reshuffle-v4.7 and copied the dll from "doa++-0.1.3" to the folder where the game.exe is in the steam folder. I opened the program and switched outfit 1 as explained in the tutorials I found. 

lnk_reshuffle.log seems fine:

GUI construction done (0.089)

loading data ...

doa5: game path: D:/Documents/Steam/SteamApps/common/Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

doa5exe: loading D:/Documents/Steam/SteamApps/common/Dead or Alive 5 Last Round/game.exe

doa5exe: chksum: 131C4EABEC19883F1A6EBC500670F4E6

doa5exe: found version: 1.04p5

doa5exe: assets:51a8 crc:2509

doa5exe: loading costume data ...

doa5exe: loading dlc hair/face table...

doa5exe: loading done (0.197)

doa5: loaded nfo from lnk files (0.026)

Loading data done (0.824)

doa5: swap AKIRA_COS_001.TMC -> mods\AKIRA_COS_001.TMC typ:0x19

doa5: .written mods\AKIRA_COS_001.TMC.__

updating mod.config ...

doa5: swap AKIRA_COS_001.TMC -> mods\AKIRA_COS_001.TMCL typ:0x19

doa5: .written mods\AKIRA_COS_001.TMCL.__

updating mod.config ...

But the game crashes to desktop every time I select Akira... It seems I'm missing something.

Actually you CAN use DLC Mods with the Official Steam Version, and its not very hard to do either, but there are two downsides:

- you will lose your old save file in the process.

- you can't play online with them enabled.

If people do not mind starting their unlocks over and having to change a few lines in a .ini file before going online then it can be done in under 15mins.

Replacer Mods can be done as well and will not break your saves or need to be uninstalled to play online, but they are much harder to learn how to do.

-You can avoid that

-You can

If you use Lnk_Reshuffle to replace the vanilla outfits, you can do it easy as hell with no muss no fuss

For DLC or extra costumes, you simply have to own a piece of DLC(Pre-purchase is the cheapest), and then use DLC tool(or the DLC file you're using) to replace that DLC. Then it'll load up perfectly fine and you'll be able to go online with no muss no fuss

They're not really problems as you can get just the needed components from the crack in the tools thread here rather than actually getting a pirated game, or just use lnk reshuffle or Archive Tool to switch out costumes. You'd have to do one or the other no matter where the game came from. Not really problems as I say, it's just how mods are installed on this game.

They're not really problems as you can get just the needed components from the crack in the tools thread here rather than actually getting a pirated game, or just use lnk reshuffle or Archive Tool to switch out costumes. You'd have to do one or the other no matter where the game came from. Not really problems as I say, it's just how mods are installed on this game.

Okay thank you for you answer :)

Archived