Jiggle intensity slider?

InterruptingOctopus

i was wondering if it would be possible to put in a slider that altered the intensity of breast physics in game, via racemenu, mcm, or otherwise. 

im not too savvy on code myself, (most ive even done was some minecraft gem mod, and that was java) but from what i've gathered, hdt's physics work on a set of parameters inside it's .xml file which are adjustable manually or via an external program like Just For Fun. 

In theory, can one cut out the middle man and code a call that edits the xml file proportional to the slider? or would that be abslutely crazy?

i was wondering if it would be possible to put in a slider that altered the intensity of breast physics in game, via racemenu, mcm, or otherwise. 

No.

The harsh troof. You can't really access what HDT PE/SMP does through anything in-game at runtime.

It was funny actually . . . i spent about ten minutes typing explanations, retyping, trying to find the best way to say it. Even just "No. Because bla bla".

It all extends the discussion into "what if" territory. There are no what if's or workarounds. The way skyrim > skse > hdtpe interact, the answer is just simply "No."

im not too savvy on code myself, (most ive even done was some minecraft gem mod, and that was java) but from what i've gathered, hdt's physics work on a set of parameters inside it's .xml file which are adjustable manually or via an external program like Just For Fun. 

In theory, can one cut out the middle man and code a call that edits the xml file proportional to the slider? or would that be abslutely crazy?

Yes, I did something similar in earlier versions of FloppySOS (using HDT-PE).

For armor HDT it's quite easy:

1. Generate HDT configuration XML on the fly (or load one from a set of preconfigured files)

2. Overwrite the contents of the XML file that is referred to from the armor's NIF file (i.e. the "HDT Havok Path" attribute)

3. Re-equip the armor (e.g. via Actor.UnEquipItem/EquipItem) to force a reload of the XML.

Now for breast physics it's a bit more complicated, because that is loaded via hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml, and not when you equip/unequip armor.

However, you can trick HDT into refreshing the actor's HDT configuration, by sending a fake 'Loading screen' event via SKSE:

MenuManager * mm = MenuManager::GetSingleton();
MenuOpenCloseEvent event = { "Loading Menu", false };
mm->MenuOpenCloseEventDispatcher()->SendEvent(&event);

Archived