What do you look for in a partner?

Guest Jain

1 hour ago, Jazzman said:

Well, that might be an advice for an adult single and most likely I acted that way in the past when I was only responsible for myself, but it doesn't work for a mother & child

anymore. Such a basic relationship is based on mutual trust, not just love. I don't want to lose the faith of my son in me, making him feel insecure or unworthy to be trusted.
As a consequence, I have to trust third persons like my gf when I'm at work and he's left behind, sometimes for days, sometimes for weeks. Somebody has to feed the family,

and by inexplicable reasons that's me. Bad luck, maneater :p

In this point you're right, in relation to children, but only partially.
You must know I speak from experience, as long as the children are small should you Them give everything, love, affection and trust.
but out children become adults people and as in my case, have me my two grown sons let down, I have over 2 years no more contact.
they have abused my trust and believe me, that hurts more than anything else! :cry:

Edit: I could tell you much more, in relation to friends, but not in the forum.
only as much, I do not trust anyone anymore. 

I look for being honest with me, taking care of each other, being a close friend (because why not :blush:), accept me as myself but also put me on the right direction to change myself to become a petter person.
And if I'm talking about women than I look for her to be feminine and act not maybe like a lady but just like a woman :P don't get me wrong, I'm not sexist but in just my personal feelings woman should be feminine and don't act like a man because I think that I'm a traditional man (I'm in love with 50's, 60's and 70's) and it makes me mad when I see a woman wandering streets with her friends only drinking, swearing, spiting on the sidewalk and acting in her pack like an alpha male. 

1. I look at the outside!
2. If the person is not quite like me, so that there are also rough edges.
3. the person respects himself and his body (and his butt looks good)
4. the person is not like any other person and does not dress like that (goth, punk, etc.)

I have been with my wife for almost 10 years and have been married to her for over two years. So basically my goal has already been reached.

PS: Thanks google for translating my german.

Two articles and one comedy special really changed how I viewed relationships.

Fuck Yes!...or no. and Love Is Not Enough - both by Mark Manson, and Love is Evol by Christopher Titus. 

That totally changed my perspective on what is important, and I finally am in the relationship that I always wanted to be in. It only took 32 years of shitty relationships to get there...

Beyond the things that are in those three sources (being FUCK YES about it, being compatible and not tolerating behavior from my partner that I would not accept in a friend), the biggest thing is touch. I'm a cuddle junkie. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived