Anyone planning to buy Tera and/or participate in the open beta?

ReMeDy

http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/what-is-tera

Here is the schedule:

Character Name Reservation (Pre-Orders Only): April 13th (7pm PDT) - 17th (10:00am PDT)

Open Beta Test (Pre-Orders Only): April 19th - 20th

Open Beta Test (Everyone): April 20th - April 23rd

Head Start(Pre-Orders Only): April 28th - May 1st

Launch: May 1st

Characters will NOT be deleted or reset after beta, so if you play beta and decide to later buy the game, you won't have to restart your characters.

I'll probably form my own guild (I shall call it, "Lovers Lab" rofl). I imagine most of my guild-mates - and many players, in general - will play as female chars, so do whatever the hell you want. I just wanted to get a head count on anyone who is interested in joining me (or doing their own thing) when Tera opens its doors. I will be joining a role-playing PvP server.

I hadn't thought about EU/Asia. Something I forgot to mention is EU has to wait a bit longer than the U.S., so the EU schedule, from my understanding, looks like:

Pre Character Creation & Name reservation: April 26 - 27

Head Start(Pre-Orders Only): April 28 - May 3

Launch: May 3--

well if i can get the money i might get it, i'm up for beta next weekend.

bleh i may see if i can buy the game in a store though, 25 gigs is pretty harsh!

right now i'm attempting to play aion, but man the nickle and dimeing is awful, it is huge too.

stupid download cap!

U.S. name reservation will begin in two and a half hours and will last until April 17th! More details here:

http://tera.enmasse.com/server-status

I'll be joining "Valley of Titans" PvP server if anyone is interested in joining me. I'll share my character name once I can confirm it's not taken.

If anyone still wants to test the game while still reserving a name, simply preorder, then cancel the preorder at a later date if the game isn't to your liking. The game has a superb customer support staff who practically suck your dick if you tell them, so they should have no issues with cancelled preorders.

Name registration has commenced. I'll be in the server "Valley of the Titans" playing as Nenya, the High Elf priest. Anyone who is on the same server feel free to hit me up when closed or open beta commences.

I could have picked Gatsu from Berserk, but ehh I'd rather just roleplay as a female and I'm only allowed one name across all servers, so I gotta make it count. If you can believe it, someone already picked "Guts" despite me logging in just one minute after the server's went live.

The game has a superb customer support staff who practically suck your dick if you tell them' date=' so they should have no issues with cancelled preorders[/quote']

LOL

Emmm.. Anyway I think that I saw info about open beta In EU launching soon.

Just today, I got an email for the beta. But I'm unable to get past step one in creating an account at their website. I keep getting this "unable to generate fraud protection signature" after filling out the registration and clicking okay on the license agreement. I made sure the site address was legit, too. https://account.enmasse.com/

I tried it with Javascript enabled using three different browsers, all with the same result. Maybe their server is getting swamped? I'll try again later and keep checking their support section.

This would be my first MMO.

If anyone is interested in participating in open beta, here is how:

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/open-beta-test/

Beta characters will NOT be deleted after the beta's conclusion, so you have nothing to lose by playing early. Basically, you may as well consider the game goes live April 20th (you get in on April 19th if you preordered).

Also, if anyone is interested in a currently small relaxed guild, I've formed one with the guild's founder called "Aphelion." You can find the forum here:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/aphelion_gaming/index.php?

I just recently created it, so it's fairly empty, but once the game kick-starts, it will pick up. We're accepting applications. We play in Valley of Titans (PvP), which is the most popular Tera server atm, so once beta starts, try hurrying in, otherwise the server may be full.

Just so you know' date=' 7 Blue Hole employees just lost their penal lawsuit against NCSoft and got sentenced to prison time. And since they lost the civil lawsuit too, Tera's future looks pretty dark.

Be advised.

[/quote']

It shouldn't have an effect on Tera's U.S. outlook. The Korean courts ruled that there was nothing wrong with Blue Hole as an entity; however, yes, some former employees did have a guilty verdict brought against them and that was ruled in NCsoft's favor.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04/17/korean-court-confirms-guilty-verdict-in-tera-criminal-trial/

There is also no mention of an injunction or halt of services by Bluehole. It just simply specifies specific employees who stole assets. Most companies have their fair share of legal blunders, but rarely does anything substantial come of it. Considering NCSoft is struggling to get a more favorable ruling in Korea, the odds of them winning in the U.S. are even more slim.

Regardless, knowing how slow court proceedings are, I don't see anything substantial coming from this in a long time. Worst case scenario, they just lose more employees or perhaps have to pay monetary fees.

Just so you know' date=' 7 Blue Hole employees just lost their penal lawsuit against NCSoft and got sentenced to prison time. And since they lost the civil lawsuit too, Tera's future looks pretty dark.

Be advised.

[/quote']

that has nothing to do with tera itself, i believe that had to do with the stealing and attempted selling of the lineage 3 code.

NCsoft also attempted to kill tera by claiming the game used lineage 3 assets and code but they couldn't prove it in court. they even admit the only reason was to prevent TERA from coming out to compete with their games.

"Another fact: If you read NCsoft’s complaint, they actually admit that their motive in bringing the suit is to prevent Bluehole and En Masse from competing with them: "Since the release of TERA in Korea, NCsoft's Lineage sales and market share have declined, as have sales and market share of other NCsoft products."

that is from a post from a mod on the tera forums

what NCsoft attempted amounts to anti-competitive tactics, does anyone know if that is against the law? i swear it was, but maybe it is only in the case of using your control of a market to crush other companies, what microsoft gets accused of.

I don't see any trustworthy sources about the trials anywhere. All factual information seems extremely limited (to be expected from court proceedings), and most articles out there are just various spins of the issue. I don't trust TERA's blog/mod posts to be factually accurate or unbiased, nor would I trust any release from NCsoft to be.

Not that any of it matters, the only thing to potentially kill TERA now would be TERA.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived