NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

the new nmm does not uninstall mnc all the way i have wrye bash and had WB friendly version of mnc not installed thru wb yet, when i installed mnc thru nmm wb would show the mod as installed like it should but when i went and uninstalled mnc thru nmm and then deleted it, wb still showed it as installed.

wb = Wrye Bash

so with this long winded explaination nmm does not like MoreNastyCritters9_2_fomod

edit: changed from MNC 9.2 fomod to MoreNastyCritters9_2_fomod

Thanks for report caliban. I'm gonna make a list of "problematic" mods today and post it on my OP.

Can you, please, use the full version of the mod's name in the future because newcomers doesn't know short name version. Thanks. :)

Thanks for report caliban. I'm gonna make a list of "problematic" mods today and post it on my OP.

Can you, please, use the full version of the mod's name in the future because newcomers doesn't know short name version. Thanks. :)

fixed

Thanks. :)

A new topic is added to OP - Mods that NMM 0.60.+ have problems with installations/uninstallation (mods that causing troubles during installation or installation and require reinstallation of mods they interfered with)

The list is uncompleted. If you find more problematic mods, please report. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hope I got it all.

Converted the post for ya, would be a pain to rewrite.

Some things I could not grab, some can be messed up.

But better than nothing.

Thank you very much my dear friend. You have my utmost gratitude. You rock!!!

Hope I got it all.

But better than nothing.

Quite easy actually, as you can copy and paste formatted text into this forum.

As said, some things are missing:

Could not copy this: How to install mods from URLs. (Note: it works only with URLs from Nexus site

And some images may be broken:

- either because they were uploaded on the new broken site

- or just displayed as a link because I missed some image tags

Hope I got it all.

But better than nothing.

Quite easy actually, as you can copy and paste formatted text into this forum.

As said, some things are missing:

Could not copy this: How to install mods from URLs. (Note: it works only with URLs from Nexus site

And some images may be broken:

- either because they were uploaded on the new broken site

- or just displayed as a link because I missed some image tags

I will take some time these days and fill up what's missing. Again, you did a great job for me and saved me from lot of work. :)

Dear NMM comrads,

Thanks to Akzyra, my OP was successfully converted to the old/new LL site. All up to date topics are back. Well, unfortunately minor errors happened during the conversion and it wasn't Akzyra's fault. He notified me about the topics that contain errors which he couldn't fix. I (hopefully) fixed them all. But, I might missed something. If you find missing text, video or picture in any topic, please, let me know so I can correct it. Thank you very much.

New NMM 0.61.+ version is out and it supports FO4

NMM versions prior to 0.52.3 are no longer supported by the Nexus servers, and won't be able to authenticate/download.

Added Features:

• Added Fallout 4 modding support.
  • Plugins that are missing their masters will show as red in the Plugins tab. Plugins whose masters are disabled will be shown as orange (the plugin description will also provide feedback about these issues).
  • Release notes will be shown in the update popup.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed crash issue and profile switch issues caused when enabling scripted mods during a profile switch.
  • NMM will now prompt the user whether he really wants to enable or disable all the plugins when clicking the buttons in the Plugins tab.

Download: my OP under NMM - Help, downloads, troubleshooting:...

New NMM 0.61.2 version is out:

Hofix 0.61.2:

• NMM will now provide better feedback when unable to check for Fallout4 ini edits, it also no longer prevents mod installation.
  • Fixed issue preventing NMM from properly installing .bsa file for Skyrim when using multiHD mode.
  • Fixed issue preventing NMM from properly installing .mp3 files.
  • Fixed an issue to preserve file links when disabling a mod that shares a file with another still enabled mod.
  • Fixed profile switch crash issue when checking for a plugin’s masters activation state.

Download: my OP under NMM - Help, downloads, troubleshooting:...

Test confirmation of NMM 0.61.3:

1. upgrading 0.61.2 version to 0.61.3 went flawless

2. uninstallation and re-installation of all mods went flawless although it's still slow on large size mods.

3. co-working with FNIS, LOOT and Wrye bash is flawless

4. all SexLab mods installation went flawless.

5. Switching between multiple characters and unistallation/installation of some mods in both characters went flawless.

Hey guys, so I just moved all my Skyrim stuff to a new hdd and it worked fine but then I had the bright idea to move all my nexus stuff (mods) to it as well.  After I did that, all my mods don't work and I can't continue a saved game.  I've changed the virtual install to the new drive but I can't get it to work.  My load order is unchanged but all my mods are uninstalled.  Is there a way to install them all quickly?  I was under the impression that the virtual profiles would do the work for you but now it seems I have to manually install every one of my mods.  I have no idea which overwrite which ones anymore.  I've tried doing what was mentioned in the OP but when I back up and restore all my mods are uninstalled.  I'm a little frustrated because its going to take forever to reinstall all my mods and my game won't be the same.  I'm on the verge of just quitting the game, which I really don't want to do.  Any help guys?

edit: also somehow now the mods I reinstalled are gone from my mod list.  They say they are installed but there gone

rdawgx - you should uninstall your mods before moving them to new HDD. Well, nothing is lost and we'll try to help.

1.  Open NMM, go to "Tools" and press "Change Virtual folder". When new box appears, make sure that you have only this listed: :\Games\Nexus Mod Manager. It will move your current VirtualInsall folder inot main NMM directory. Now your mods will be visible again. (see the picture under topic 5).

2. To check if your mods are installed and activated: start NMM open "Plugins" tab. If the list is black or contains only some installed mods, it means that your mods aren't installed. Your mods shouldn't be greyed in your mods menu. If they are greyed, just click on the big green tick on the left side of the manager tool bar and NMM will install them. If you don't want to do it by yourself (manually), proceed to topic 3. But if they are installed and enabled in your "Plugins" list, do this:

start your Game Launcher. (WARNING! ) After you start your Game Launcher, DO NOT close your NMM and/or start the game. It it important that your NMM is stil going for you to check and the game not running, just the Game Launcher.

Wait a few seconds and keep your eye on NMM. You will notice that while the Game Launcher is running, some mods/plugins disabled themselves automaticaly. Simply Re-Enable all your disabled mods/plugins again, and start the actual game with your already opened Game Launcher

If that didn't help:

3. Open you NMM, go to "Tools" and choose "Uninstall all mods". After confirmation, NMM will start to uninstall your mods. It might take a while depends on the number of mods you have and their size. When NMM finishes it's work close it. If you don't do that, you'll have to install mods manually, one by one.

4. Uninstall NMM and after that go to My documetns and delete Nexus Mod Manager file if it is there. This is necessary so that NMM will write a new installation path.

5. Install NMM and this time when asked where to install VirtualInstall folder, chose ONLY main, Nexus Mod Manager folder. (To be sure you are doing correctly click on the three dots on the menu and choose as it is on the picture):

post-894077-0-97885300-1450081524_thumb.png

After that, NMM will start to install all your mods. It might ask you for confirmation during the installation of certain mods but if you aren't sure what to do, got to the mod's site and read author's installation instructions.

After installation of your mods, close NMM and reopen it. Run FNIS and LOOT from the manager and that's it.

Important info for RCOTS users:

if at any time you have RCOTS 1.9b and related mods(armour, body meshes and textures, hair packs and eye packs, patches for ETAC and similar mods) installed, play, make a backup of saves, then reinstall Skyrim without RCOTS you WILL CTD.  To keep from CTDing make sure to write down the correct RCOTS related mods so at any time in the future you want to play those saves, you will be able to install the correct version of each mod to keep from CTDing.

NMM also can't completely delete RCOTS meshes and textures files. If you want you Skyrim Data folder clean you have to manually go to Skyrim/Data/Meshes/Actors/character and delete:

- glouf

- Oriental

- rcots-character assets

and go to Skyrim/Data/Textures/actors/character and delete:

- RCOTS - Argonian

- RCOTS - Khajit

- oriental

My NMM stopped launching since Sunday (it only launches on my profile that I use for school work before it launched on my modding profile now it doesn't) so I uninstalled it & installed the latest version directly into my C drive. Still the same problem. Now I have mods I don't like because A) bad textures B) freezes. How can I resolve Both the NMM & Unwanted mod issues?!

If your NMM stops working after some time you might want to read this section in my OP My NMM is crushing to Desktop (important tips for all NMM new users and NMM is not working, how to fix it:

How can I resolve Unwanted mod issues?!

I would suggest you to move unwanted mods from your Mods directory into separate folder. Then start NMM and in "Tools" menu click on "Uninstall all mods" Then repeat the steps I gave to rdawgx four posts above.

A new tip: How to completely remove HDT Highheels mod after uninstallation:

If you uninstalled HDTHighheel plugin, its .ini log file remained in the SKSE directory so you need to delete it manually other wise you might have a problem in future re-installation of the mod and compatibility issues with co-dependent mods.

The location of the file is: (*X):\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensions.log

(*X) - represent your HHD drive directory/partition

A new tip: How to completely remove HDT Highheels mod after uninstallation:

If you uninstalled HDTHighheel plugin, its .ini log file remained in the SKSE directory so you need to delete it manually other wise you might have a problem in future re-installation of the mod and compatibility issues with co-dependent mods.

The location of the file is: (*X):\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensions.log

(*X) - represent your HHD drive directory/partition

This one is a bit strange as I ran into this and found it left three files:

hdtHighHeelNative.ini

hdtHighHeelNative.dll

hdtHighHeelNative.log

Oddly if I just install it and then uninstall it, it does remove them. The issue seems to be if it has been used ingame it creates the log which is always left behind though I can't reproduce the glitch with the .ini and .dll.

I only noticed it as the pc was out of alignment in an animation and removing them fixed it

This one is a bit strange as I ran into this and found it left three files:

hdtHighHeelNative.ini

hdtHighHeelNative.dll

hdtHighHeelNative.log

Oddly if I just install it and then uninstall it, it does remove them. The issue seems to be if it has been used ingame it creates the log which is always left behind though I can't reproduce the glitch with the .ini and .dll.

I only noticed it as the pc was out of alignment in an animation and removing them fixed it

Interesting. It looks like NMM behaves differently in uninstalling this mod. I guess it depends on other mods related to this mod and the method of uninstallatin. For instance: Plain unistallation of some mods mostly remove all traces but disabling those mods first and then uninstalling them removes them 100%. Well, NMM is still in Beta phase and need a lot of work yet.

Thank you for sharing your experience Slorm. :)