SkyHunks

Here are the last of the captures I have of this update. I cannot get Calixto because he is already dead in this game. I didn't break into Thonar's office to get his mug. Tulvur is grey-faced and vanilla-haired. I don't know why since all is up-to-date in my mod list. This PC had not encountered Tulvur before since Holly-Frost Farm was discovered when I went to search him out. I didn't even know this NPC existed til I went to find him. So I cannot explain the glitch.

Please find Bjorlam, Brunwulf, Gunjar, Markus, Thongvar, Torbjorn, Torsten and Yngvar below. :)

post-945037-0-78206600-1475073995_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-73069200-1475073996_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-79074900-1475073997_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-79781600-1475073998_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-71767900-1475073999_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-72241700-1475074000_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-73661600-1475074001_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-74015100-1475074002_thumb.jpg

Guest ffabris

They're not missing. Scroll back; Mylor posted screen caps of all of them. Plus I checked them myself before uploading. The BSA is just the loose files, compressed. So if one works, the other will too.

I suspect yours may be a case of load order: you may have some mod loaded after SkyHunks which changes some aspect of the carriage drivers, reverting their appearance back to vanilla. Thus the facegendata from SkyHunks will then no longer match, and you end up with grey face.

But that's just a guess. All I can say is, the files are all there. :) Test on a brand new game, if you haven't.

Added: Attached snap of the Windhelm driver.

post-688843-0-87916600-1475365639_thumb.jpg

I have several other mods that change the appearance of the male NPCs , like Lords of Skyrim and such.  

Until I installed the updated version of SkyHunks Lords of SKyrim was after it in the load order, now it is not anymore. 

I noticed the color mismatch of the face and body of the jarl and the housecarl in Whiterun (it looks like the grey face bug but it is actually not). And several other NPCs that are handled by SkyHunks and other mods. 

I guess since the other mods come with loose files those files get priority over the files in the BSA. 

So it seems the best solution when running several similar mods is to install the loose versions and let the relevant files overwrite each other. 

Or remove the other mods as SkyHunks seems to cover almost all of the NPCs and does it better.

Guest ffabris

I have several other mods that change the appearance of the male NPCs , like Lords of Skyrim and such.  

Until I installed the updated version of SkyHunks Lords of SKyrim was after it in the load order, now it is not anymore. 

I noticed the color mismatch of the face and body of the jarl and the housecarl in Whiterun (it looks like the grey face bug but it is actually not). And several other NPCs that are handled by SkyHunks and other mods. 

I guess since the other mods come with loose files those files get priority over the files in the BSA. 

So it seems the best solution when running several similar mods is to install the loose versions and let the relevant files overwrite each other. 

Or remove the other mods as SkyHunks seems to cover almost all of the NPCs and does it better.

Yes, loose files always take priority, so that's why you had discolored faces.

Another solution for you would be to make BSA versions of the other NPC overhauls, which is what I did. :)

I was planning to spend some time and to handpick the overlapping guys from different mods and then try Mylor's favorite tool to distribute the other faces to other NPCs. For example after some meditation I decided that it is somewhat confusing if jarl Balgruuf the Greater is an emo-twink and I would probably preffer the Lords version. But the emo-twink is quite cute so I'm going to give that face to some other NPC. 

However it seems there are no ugly men left in my game (and for that I'm very grateful to you :-) ) so I'll probably make some random NPCs sandboxing around. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ffabris

What I wouldn't give for this again in SSE.

This and SKSE+SkyUI... The game is an unplayable mess without them!

I bet!

When the new CK comes out, if anyone want to run this mod through it to make it compatible, by all means. I am unlikely to be installing SSE till SKSE and SkyUI are both available.

When the new CK comes out, if anyone want to run this mod through it to make it compatible, by all means. I am unlikely to be installing SSE till SKSE and SkyUI are both available.

I need some info - what is USLEEP used for? 

It is a master and CK doesn't want to  load it without it.

I don't want to use USLEEP while converting it because I have no idea how it is compatible with SSE. 

Can I simply remove the master dependency?

Guest ffabris

USLEEP is needed to ensure that changes it makes are not reverted by SkyHunks. Things like missing dead body cleanup scripts, incorrect factions, etc etc. There is an SSE version of it out on Nexus, so you could try using that in place of USLEEP. If you just remove it as master, things may break.

Could not make it work.. I guess at this point it is above my level of understanding.

Changed the master, re-saved the esp, it did generate new facegen data. It also did put all facegeom files in the SkyHunks.esp and did not change anything in the other folders. 

However the result is

post-925979-0-26382200-1477954733_thumb.jpg

post-925979-0-06053100-1477954824_thumb.jpg

Shooting in the dark here, but maybe it is related to the tga textures. 

• 2 months later...

I have found that moving SkyHunks so that it is late in the load order can help eliminate gray faces. Just be certain that it follows after any other character mods, including house or environment mods that include additional NPCs.

Regarding, Tulvar, Ffabris: you may recall that I had a gray-face issue with that NPC -- one I'd never encountered before until I went to screen capture his image. He's the only one in v2.3 that gave me an issue. I was looking around in TESVEdit the other day and noticed that you had already reworked him as part of the Windhelm Men's Club mod. Could that be where the issue came from? Was it necessary for you to do him twice? Or are they the same facegen date just repeated in the different mods?

I will admit that I didn't rearrange my load order to try to accommodate that to see if it made a difference but I am curious.

But I am finding that I have more success with this mod the later it comes in the load order.

It depends if you have installed the BSA or the loose version of the mod(s).

Generally when installing replacers with loose files the load order should follow the order of the install. 

If one of the mods is in a BSA then it has to be before the others in the load order. 

Guest ffabris

It depends if you have installed the BSA or the loose version of the mod(s).

Generally when installing replacers with loose files the load order should follow the order of the install. 

If one of the mods is in a BSA then it has to be before the others in the load order. 

Confirmed.