SkyHunks

Are most of the men you edited dark? Not black, but brown? 

Yep. I think working outdoors all the time (as most of the NPCs) do, should result in a tan.

This is a point to discuss. Glad someone dared express his dissatisfaction or maybe confusion on this matter.

I won't blame anyone, it's probably the matter of taste, but... those tan tints you, dear Fabris, use for your custom characters looks a bit... sorry... frighteningly dark. That is why I have your House of Men uninstalled. The same I can tell of a number of other author's mods like Social NPCs and the very Enderal.

At the same time (and that is very important) me miself could not pick up the "right" or more or less adequate color for the tanned body by means of Race Menu. Only I got ones ranged from sallow to saddle brown. And even those colours allways contain a sickly ash or rather charcoal tint underneath. I am not able to find the BODY or COMPLECTION NEUTRAL color for my character, warm and soft, amber, apricot, cream, cocoa or sugar cookie.

ENB gives a hand in some cases, bit it's no a panacea.

I suppose there's no easy way to change some of them to a lighter skin? I tried using the CK.. but I suppose it's the wrong tool? Do I use the NPC Editor?

Or would you prefer I not edit it?

I use lighting mods.. and man. And my lovers (out of the many I choose 5) I have to use magelight to see anything.

Oh and by the way, in case anyone asks again: the mod works fine with Interesting NPC's and related mods.

You can edit them in CK, to change skin tone. when done, you will have to recreate the facegen data with Ctrl-F4 (or Shift-Ctrl-F4) for each that you have changed.

Are most of the men you edited dark? Not black, but brown? 

Yep. I think working outdoors all the time (as most of the NPCs) do, should result in a tan.

This is a point to discuss. Glad someone dared express his dissatisfaction or maybe confusion on this matter.

I won't blame anyone, it's probably the matter of taste, but... those tan tints you, dear Fabris, use for your custom characters looks a bit... sorry... frighteningly dark. That is why I have your House of Men uninstalled. The same I can tell of a number of other author's mods like Social NPCs and the very Enderal.

At the same time (and that is very important) me miself could not pick up the "right" or more or less adequate color for the tanned body by means of Race Menu. Only I got ones ranged from sallow to saddle brown. And even those colours allways contain a sickly ash or rather charcoal tint underneath. I am not able to find the BODY or COMPLECTION NEUTRAL color for my character, warm and soft, amber, apricot, cream, cocoa or sugar cookie.

ENB gives a hand in some cases, bit it's no a panacea.

Ultimately, it is down to personal taste. What's right for one person, will be horrid for another. Since I use the mod myself, I made it to my taste. Some find the men too fem, some dislike how dark they are... you can't please everyone. And that's fine. Life is interesting precisely because we don't all like the same things. :)

So... don't like the skin tones? That's fine! Either edit them or don't use the mod. I won't take offence. :)

I suppose there's no easy way to change some of them to a lighter skin? I tried using the CK.. but I suppose it's the wrong tool? Do I use the NPC Editor?

I use lighting mods.. and man. And my lovers (out of the many I choose 5) I have to use magelight to see anything.

Oh and by the way, in case anyone asks again: the mod works fine with Interesting NPC's and related mods.

You can edit them in CK, to change skin tone. when done, you will have to recreate the facegen data with Ctrl-F4 (or Shift-Ctrl-F4) for each that you have changed.

I tried that. But the Ck error'ed out complaining too many masters were open. Does the CK see the Apachii hair?

Wait! Don't answer. I got this figured out. :)

Actually, instead of editing your mod I'd rather patch it. You don't change any of the NPC's beside look, correct? If so, then I should be able to creating a another mod, with lighter skin and load it after yours?

Well no matter what I do< I either lose the hair or there is a grey face. You have customer colors too. I think the best way for me to learn is to build this type of mod myself. Learn from scratch.

Thanks.

Actually, instead of editing your mod I'd rather patch it. You don't change any of the NPC's beside look, correct? If so, then I should be able to creating a another mod, with lighter skin and load it after yours?

Let us know how this works for you and how you accomplish it please.

I've grown to like ffabris' tanned hunks. But he has also added a few lighter-shaded men to his line-up and some gingers too when asked. But I do with agree with ffabris. It is his mod and made to his tastes -- nothing wrong with that. Each of us has the option to make mods to our own liking.

I've been trying to make some modifications using TES5Edit. I've had mixed results. But this is still a learning process for me. Personally, I'd rather just play the game than learn to rewrite it to suit my purposes. That's not to disparage all those mod-makers. I love what has been done, and continues to be done, and I am glad for it. :)

I haven't had the best results either so far. Either the hair doesn't come through, or the face's color is slightly off.

And you are right, I'd rather play the game. I'll probably not use this mod, and just stick to what I had set before - a combo of Males of Skyrim,  Hot Male Housecarls, and a few other mods that changed certain NPCs.

What I really liked about this mod, wasn't the makeovers so much (though some were hot - like the courier) but that most males had Apachii Hair. My char didn't feel so out of place. But it was jarring to see a brown guard with bleach blond flowing hair.

I tried that. But the Ck error'ed out complaining too many masters were open. Does the CK see the Apachii hair?

Wait! Don't answer. I got this figured out. :)

Well no matter what I do< I either lose the hair or there is a grey face. You have customer colors too. I think the best way for me to learn is to build this type of mod myself. Learn from scratch.

Thanks.

You can patch it, but ... if you go that route, you'll have to make SkyHunks a master, which will add to your "too many masters" problem, not reduce it.

Or, you can just make your own mod, yes. :)

Or ... you can fix the "too many master" error as follows...

Edit the file .../Steam/SteamApps/Common/Skyrim/SkyrimEditor.ini in a text editor (NOT Word or similar). At the end of the General section, add the following 2 lines:

bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

Fixed. :)

P.S. Google is your friend. ;)

Thanks. I fixed the master problem - using google. :)

I'll probably sit down over a weekend and run through the men. I love the mod, just want to modify some of the color of the men. My Dragonborn likes variety (translation - he's a ho).

I tell you one thing - the courier stays. Now I'm thinking of doing a mod that lets me tie up the courier and use and abuse him - without messing up the courier system. And let the citizen talk about:

"Haven't seen the courier lately. Think the bandits got him?"

"Oh no, no - I heard he's tied up in the basement of the bathhouse"

But it was jarring to see a brown guard with bleach blond flowing hair.

I just think of Florida or southern California and that settles it for me. Besides, isn't tanning popular in the gay community? As I've mentioned before, I've done lore-friendly; now I want gay-friendly. ;)

And my dovah's dick likes filling every ho he can as well so variety is good.  :D

But it was jarring to see a brown guard with bleach blond flowing hair.

I just think of Florida or southern California and that settles it for me. Besides, isn't tanning popular in the gay community? As I've mentioned before, I've done lore-friendly; now I want gay-friendly. ;)

I've already started. Haven't tested anything yet. But I'm looking at more lore friendly. I'm not changing the look at all of any man. They just look too damn good. But depending on location, their skin color will change. Like the nords in Winterhold, Windhelm, Dawnstar will be much paler (look at men in Norway). But Riften, I won't be touching anyone there at all. Whiterun, Solitude (Haafingar) and Falkreath will be mixed. But mostly tan - just not as tan for some. The Companions though will all be light colored simply because in my game they have Dark Wolf Armor and they just look better. 

I'm considering adding body tattoos to some. Assuming I can. Just warriors and a few of the College's more hardcore mages. .

The courier is a god. He will remain untouched. For now. *evil grin*

I got tons to learn. Especially adding faces (using racegen) and hair to men that ffabris didn't touch. And NPC's I've created.  

Just starting and I realize the amount of time and work ffabris put into this. Man.

I did it in stages, so it wasn't so bad. Did some, released; did some more, released.

If you want to copy faces from in-game, use the RaceMenu Mimic plugin. Then zap your target, and his/her face will copy to yours. You can then save that via console:

spf filename

CK can import those files.

Btw, if you want to upload you mod of SkyHunks, by all means. You have my full permission.

Edit: Nevermind. I found the note at the end of the changelog. Maybe consider putting that in the installation section as well though, where it's more prominent.

I think the next release (and there probably will be one) will be USLEEP-only.

Edit 2: Would you maybe consider packing these as 7z or zip files? MO doesn't like tgz's, and most mods are one of those two formats anyway.

I'm on linux; experience shows that the only compression format I can make that Windows will handle reliably, is RAR. Sorry.

2.3 is up. Note that the files are now hosted outside of LL, due to their size.

• Now requires USLEEP.
  • Added Sinmir (and removed his helmet), Imperial and Nord road couriers, carriage drivers, Brunwulf, Calixto, Tulvur, Torsten, Torbjorn, Ranmir, Phinis, Sergius, Korir, Kraldar, Fihada, Jawanan, Cedran, Thonar, Thongvor, Yngvar, Ogmund, Hreinn, Hogni

I'll start adding screen captures as I can. But first here is a list of the new weights of the changed NPCs. I don't recall if it has been addressed in this thread but when installing these updated 'Hunks into an existing game, one will get neck seam issues since the NPC weights have changed. In order to correct this issue, each of the NPCs will have to have its weight reset using the console command, "setnpcweight ###" where the ### is the new weight. [Open the console, click on the NPC to get it active, execute the command.]

Once the weight is reset, it is common to get a skin color mismatch between the head and body. Don't Panic! Simply save the game and reload and that issue is resolved. Sometimes, I've even had it work by simply running an anim over the NPC like using the function to select it for SexLab. It is easier as well to change all the NPC weights you can in one go, then save and reload and all skin tones will be fine.

Here is the list of the NPC weights of this latest update:

NPC                        Weight
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sinmir                     70 - same
Fihada                     75
Jawanan                    80
Cedran                     70
Hreinn                     70
Ogmund                     80
Thonar Silver-Blood        80
Thongvor Silver-Blood      75
Yngvar the Singer          80
Imperial Road Courier      75
Nord Road Courier          70
Brunwulf Free-Winter       90
Calixto Corrium            70
Tulvur                     80
Torsten Cruel-Sea          80
Torbjorn Shatter-Shield    100
Ranmir                     70
Phinis Gestor              70
Sergius Turrianus          75
Korir                      90
Kraldar                    70
Hogni Red-Arm              80

Carriage Drivers
````````````````````````````
Bjorlam - Whiterun         75
Thaer - Solitude           85
Sigaar - Riften            80
Alfarinn - Windhelm        70
Gunjar - Lakeview          80
Engar - Winstad            80
Markus - Heljarchen        70

Ffabris likes much beefier guys. ;)

I did happen to notice on my trip to Markarth that Cedran is naked. I found when changing looks of NPCs with the NPC Visual Transfer Tool that when I attempted to change the clothing, the NPC ended up naked. I noticed using TESVEdit that Cedran's clothing was changed and I figured that may be why he now appears naked. When I had this happen with Quintus Navale, I changed the clothing back to the original and he was dressed once again. Just a thought if any others encounter this. I haven't tried to reset Cedran's clothing yet so I don't know if that will work or not. Just FYI.

Thanks for the tip! :) I do note that it is best not to install/update on a game in progress, but due to grey face. I'll expand that by mentioning the seam, and point here. Thanks. :)

The "grey face" is the skin color mismatch that comes after changing the NPC weight. I need to stress that a clean save needs to be made after changing the weight. I just found out that I mucked up Bjorlam and need to go back a redo several since I didn't save and reload that NPC properly. I saved over an old save. Oops! All the others that I did are fine but when I went back to Whiterun, I found that driver with the grey/white face. Fortunately, I have an earlier save to work from but I will have to do many of the weight resets over again.

It does seem to work fine with resetting many NPC weights, then making the new save, reloading that save and all those reset NPCs should be good to go with no neck seam or grey face. I am doing this update on my Eros game which is older and well-established. That just makes it easier for me to get around and it has all the drivers with the BYOH carriages.

Also, Sinmir is naked like Cedran is. ;)

I have snapped many screens and need to crop them to get pictures up here. They're looking good! :D

Also, Sinmir is naked like Cedran is. ;)

I have snapped many screens and need to crop them to get pictures up here. They're looking good! :D

I guess nudity comes from the outfit change (I got rid of helmets, or no point editing the face).

Glad you're liking the changes! :)

I'm wondering that too. I tried to edit the outfit back to the original with TESVEdit and it didn't work. I wonder if it is like the 'grey face' issue.

I'm also unable to clear up the issue with Bjorlam and his pale face. Every thing I have tried has been for naught. I'm beginning to think that he is just different because I don't have that issue with any other of the changed NPCs. And when I reset his weight, his facial complexion changes color but after saving and reloading, the face and body colors don't match. I can't make sense of it. The colors don't match though when I load it in before changing the weight either and that is different for him than for any other NPC. With all the others, the face and body colors match but just have the neck seam. Then I reset the weight and get the skin color mismatch. Then I save and reload and all is fine, except for Bjorlam. Ah, the magic of Skyrim.

I also note with Bjorlam that he doesn't have Apachii hair. The hair style that shows on him is a vanilla style, which I was surprised to see.

I just checked him with TESVEdit and found this error reported:

post-945037-0-67259200-1475020956_thumb.jpg

I suspect he uses KS, not Apachii, and you likely don't have the latest version installed. I did run the mod through TES5Edit to cehck for errors before uploading, and it was fine.

Yeah, I'm liking them a lot. :D

The new KS download did the trick for Bjorlam. Thanks for the tip. :) I'll have a shot of him later.

I note that you did not include the carriage driver from Markarth in the list. I just wanted to be sure that I didn't miss him.

Now I'm just going back and resetting the weights again for those that I'd done then lost with the Bjorlam muck-up. I've not been to Windhelm yet at all.

Good job! :wub: