SkyHunks

Oh! but Oops!

So, of course, I had to install the upgrade ASAP. Once I did that last night when I should have been in bed asleep, I checked the 'Hunks in the house -- no gray faces. Good.

Then I fast-traveled to Winterhold, walked past a guard, checked his face. Good.

Then into the College and up to the Arch-Mage Quarters where Onmund makes his home. Not good.

First off, he seemed smaller -- shorter -- and the head looked too big for the body. From the front, it matched up fine but from the side and back, well, ...

See attached.

I did open the console and set npc weight to 100, which seemed to close the neck gap, but then the body was tan and the face went white and the body was too big for Onmund. So there's an issue for you to check.

Since it was so late last night, I didn't take time to look at any others. So I cannot make reports on any other NPCs you changed in this upgrade. But this is definitely a problem you might seriously consider.

FYI

post-945037-0-47513000-1449781527_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-97564100-1449781539_thumb.jpg

Guest ffabris

I thought it might be a conflict with another NPC mod ... doesn't seem to be. But I did a very quick test on a new game and that seems to fix the issue. Can you do a quick check pls?

No, I'm only using SkyHunks to modify NPCs. I have deactivated Males of Skyrim and that's the only other one I have used. I am not using any other follower mods other than AFT and dialogue mods. I am not using other armor mods except for revealing ones.

Quick check? Start a new game?

Guest ffabris

No, I'm only using SkyHunks to modify NPCs. I have deactivated Males of Skyrim and that's the only other one I have used. I am not using any other follower mods other than AFT and dialogue mods. I am not using other armor mods except for revealing ones.

Quick check? Start a new game?

Yeah - perhaps move your saves to a different folder temporarily, to keep them safe, then new game and quick look round. I just got back from dinner and will do this myself shortly. I think that's the problem however: some of the new characters are already in your save, and thus conflict with the changed faces and/or bodies. :-|

Guest ffabris

OK, I figured that would happen. So, until you decide to start over, stick with 1.3 if you still have it. Guards respawn so they won't be affected - or if so, only temporarily. Confirms that a new game is required when installing/updating this mod, sadly.

Thanks for checking!

Aside: When doing 1.3, I learned that there are only 9 different Imperials guards, and I think 6 Stormcloak - for all of Skyrim. And even more fun, aside from the start of the main quest (Helgen) and one other bit, there is only one soldier (or perhaps two). LOL!

Guest ffabris

1.5 is up. New NPCs, couple of tweaks.

This may be the last for a bit, since updating the mod requires a new game. But if there are requests for other NPCs, I can save the names and do a bunch later.

With version 1.5 running now, I've not seen any other glitches save for Onmund and that's because he's AFT managed follower who's been through a lot of growth. I'm not running any ENB in the game where I'm taking the screenshots to crop for these shots. And I'll post those 'Hunks I find as I can.

I'll begin with Falk Firebeard since I started in Solitude when I upgraded the 'Hunks. And I'll suggest that Erikur be added to the list.

I traveled next to Morthal where I snapped Thonnir and Gorm.

It was snowing in Whiterun when I arrived there so the weather wasn't the best for taking pictures. But here is a Stormcloak Guard on duty there and also Sigurd.

And my final stop was Ivarstead where I visited Klimmek in his home.

post-945037-0-87421700-1449933874_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-10550600-1449934096_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-51499200-1449934107_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-82732500-1449934238_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-03747200-1449934248_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-93120400-1449934373_thumb.jpg

Guest ffabris

Added optional file: Helmets Begone.

This is a quick'n'dirty patch to remove helmets from guards (not soldiers). Requires all DLCs. Not fully tested so I may have missed some. Requires a new game, or wait for guards to respawn to see the changes. Also, not supported.

Well, I'm not sure how that goes after the war. I'm seeing soldiers and guards interchanged but with only the soldier tag.

Attached is one of your guards in Windhelm but his tag reads "Stormcloak Soldier" when I go to talk.

I assume that your patch would then only remove the helmets from your guards.

post-945037-0-49587400-1450020666_thumb.jpg

Guest ffabris

Well, I'm not sure how that goes after the war. I'm seeing soldiers and guards interchanged but with only the soldier tag.

Attached is one of your guards in Windhelm but his tag reads "Stormcloak Soldier" when I go to talk.

I assume that your patch would then only remove the helmets from your guards.

The patch edits guard outfits (and in a few cases leveled lists when the outfit just points to a list). It is possible that soldiers use one of those outfits/lists in some cases, but I didn't intentionally change any soldiers' outfits.

And no, the patch would affect all guards - in theory anyway. ;)

Here are a few that I hunted in Riften. The Ratway can be pretty slimy but the finds there were promising, as well as those in the Keep.

Brynjolf | Dirge | Vekel the Man | Devin Mallory

Harrald | Saerlund

I wasn't able to find Maul. I don't know if he's still around or not.

Comments are welcome!

post-945037-0-52942500-1450069422_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-88806600-1450069440_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-00776900-1450069480_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-04876100-1450069502_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-17129300-1450069546_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-75482500-1450069566_thumb.jpg

Guest ffabris

:D I think Dirge is my favorite out of that lot.

Here are the new 'Hunks I found in Markarth. But I did get a neck seam issue with both Garvey and Banning. It's not so noticeable from the front as it is from the sides and back.

Nice pics again! :)

A seam after starting a new game? If this is an "old" game with an in-place upgrade, you will have problems.

No, I have not yet started a new game. It's easier to get around for 'Hunks hunting in an established game than starting a new one and cheating through it to find them. :angel:

But if anyone is questioning the choice of this mod, let me show you a comparison. I snapped this screenshot of Gregor from my first playthrough. I had just started to learn modding and added the WiC cloaks. When I saw this I was nearly ROFLOL and had to get the shot. So here's Gregor as he was and as he is with SkyHunks.

post-945037-0-01411300-1450192894_thumb.jpg

post-945037-0-17180800-1450192912_thumb.jpg

Guest ffabris

No, I have not yet started a new game. It's easier to get around for 'Hunks hunting in an established game than starting a new one and cheating through it to find them. :angel:

Haha ... fair enough then. ;)

But if anyone is questioning the choice of this mod, let me show you a comparison. I snapped this screenshot of Gregor from my first playthrough. I had just started to learn modding and added the WiC cloaks. When I saw this I was nearly ROFLOL and had to get the shot. So here's Gregor as he was and as he is with SkyHunks.

Oh good before'n'after - thanks!

• 2 weeks later...