r6025 pure virtual function call

I'm getting this error ever since I started a new game with the newest version of sexlab but I didn't even reach dawnguard yet, tryed to reinstall the vcredist but it didn't work

As for a fix for when you start getting this error, if reinstall of vcredist didn't work (2010 x86 version only, others versions are not used by Skyrim), the only option I've ever found is to load a previous save that wasn't having the issue and replaying from there.

If you're getting it from a new game, perhaps you didn't give the game time to initialize all the mods and MCM menus before you started making changes in MCM settings?  I find I have to sit and wait on new games for everything to finish initializing (messages will appear top-left of the screen).  Also, after all the first mod initializations and MCM registrations are complete (no more messages on screen) you need to save your game once and reload that save to possibly complete other mod initializations and MCM registrations that couldn't/didn't happen the first time.  Don't open the MCM and try to make any changes until you've done these steps.

Edit:  Another possible fix is here (I just stumbled onto it).

• 2 years later...

Even though this topic is years old this error seems to be timeless so i just wanted to add my two cents now that my skyrim is stable again.

What finally fixed it for me (your results may vary) was reorganizing my load order so that all SoS (Schlongs of Skyrim) plugins (.esp) were above (i.e. load before) all Sexlab plugins as outlined here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/20892-closed-ctd-and-c-runtime-error/

What i tried (to no avail):

Updating microsoft visual C++ x64 to 2017, no change.

Updating microsoft visual C++ x86 to 2017, no change.

Repairing microsoft visual C++ x86 with 2010, no change.

Reinstalling Skyrim completely (Thank goodness for mod organizer on this one, if you don't know MO keeps mods in a separate folder so you can reinstall the base game relatively painlessly), no change.

Scanning system for errors, no errors.

Downloaded multiple stability mods (crash fixes v12 and load game CTD fix v1 from nexus, setvehiclefix plugin from LL https://www.loverslab.com/topic/60287-instructions-for-fixing-pure-virtual-function-call-crash/), no change.

So that's it, i hope this helps somebody else struggling with this annoying error. Thanks to all the people who did all the work on this and other errors. We end users really appreciate all the work of the modding community.

Archived