Heels for UUNP?

Hey LL,

I fell in love with ApoKrytia's CBBE Heels Collection conversion (https://www.flickr.com/photos/127497347@N03/sets/72157649177886181/) when I was using CBBE/Bodyslide, but I've moved on to UUNP, and frankly, love it.  Unfortunately it seems to be lacking a lot of high heels mods.

I looked at trying to possibly even convert some of the ones from the mod, but I think I'm in way over my head; I barely understood trying to use OS once and after many hours, discovered I'd wasted my time at a terrible conversion, and for shoes, and the sheer number of them in the mod, I think I'll just save myself the effort and frustration of ultimately failing again.  By the time I'd finish, someone else would have probably already converted the set, haha.

So my question is, are there any good UUNP heels mods out there?  I know someone made one for Elewin Pumps, but I tried installing the mod and they didn't show up/MO was not happy about the original file install.  Alternatively, am I just doing something wrong and could I get UNP/CBBE/Bodyslide heels to work with a UUNP body?  I believe I left everything at the base shape in regards to feet.

Thanks again!

Seems there are none.  I might give it a shot if I can find the time.  That said, what should my references be for things like boots?  I would imagine that heels would take UUNP feet as the reference?  Can more than one reference be loaded at a time in OS?

UUNP, I converted over NSK13's stuff to UUNP, in fact just type UUNP in Nexus Search box.

There are heeled boots sorry if that's not what your looking for.

I think before long though someone might convert those actual heel mods over to UUNP.

Hey Kristy,

Unfortunately there are not many options out there for heels. 

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/38362-project-unified-unp/?p=1209156

^^That link has conversions for Elewin Pumps #2. 

To answer your question though, the UUNP feet are just flat feet, so that won't help you all that much. If you start converting heels, my suggestion would be try to find UNP versions of the heels first, because then you can keep the feet already with the shoe and you won't have texture issues. If I have time I might try converting the Apokrtia heels. Been wanting them myself anyway; the ANK mod is kind of messy.  If I get good results, I'll let you know,

There's a foot angle tool from one of the old Unified UNP packages (way before it was bundled to BS/OS), it has an issue (creates seam/offsets). I wanted to bug BTN about it for some time...

It would make converting heels a lot easier.

The elewin conversion should be useable, no clue what problems MO would have with the original mod (installed it ages ago).

As far as I know all UNP based heel mods (which by now more or less every heel mod made has a unp conversion) work perfectly fine with UUNP based bodies. I personally have had no problem and use a UUNP created hybrid of 7B And UNPB. Heels only really have the ankle size to consider so yeah anything UNP will work fine.

As far as I know all UNP based heel mods (which by now more or less every heel mod made has a unp conversion) work perfectly fine with UUNP based bodies. I personally have had no problem and use a UUNP created hybrid of 7B And UNPB. Heels only really have the ankle size to consider so yeah anything UNP will work fine.

^^ This too. Which is probably the easiest solution. It just depends upon what kind of shape you're making, etc.

Didn't know that, which is great to hear!  This will certainly make shoe shopping much easier ^^

I think that depends on what kind of shoes.  Anything showing ankle likely would have problem with certain presets.  Pumps in the UNP shoe pack by S666 on LL or stuff from 3DM all have seams with my UUNP preset, which is a DreamGirl/7B hybrid.

It would probably be possible to use the old tool and the new version of OS (with its ability to move shapes easier) and maybe use the XPMSE foot and make a slider that would allow for heels that wouldn't screw up the ankle seam...

Oh and if I'm not mistaken the shoe set that is listed in the OP originally started as a UNP/UNPB heel set off of 3DM (probably by the ANK team or someone) and some of those have a vertex count that were close to 20k (the uunp base body is only 6.8k just to give you an idea).

I can tinker, hell it will give me something to do this afternoon....no promises though.

Edit - Oh I forgot how much a pain in the ass it is to move single vertex points.

Just for reference, there is a hidden gem in the newer versions of OS.

Highlight a single vertex point and hit the V button. This gives you the exact coordinates (x,y,z axis points) of that vertex.

Copy each number into notepad (one per line).

Next highlight the vertex you want to move and hit V (Make sure you are on the correct mesh and vertex).

Now past in the 3 numbers from the other..... and hit enter.

For the old high poly feet (that came with UN7B) they were off by .33 on the y axis (behind and needed to move forward). That part was easy, just a move shape and type in .33 on the y axis and hit enter.

Now the PITA part is aligning each vertex point on the angles of each leg (like about 30 or so on each foot)....

But once its done the foot will be matched up to the ankle (having the uunp body loaded as a ref for the ankle coordinates)....

The interesting part is going to creating the high angle (tip toe shape). I can probably get away with masking the ankle seam off and using an object made from the original moved to the correct location (.33 forward on the y axis). Then export that as a new mesh, and object file (then load the new mesh and make sure it matches up vertex -vs- vertex with the uunp ankle.... yeah no problem.... why the hell did I say I would do this again (shoot me now please).

But I know how to do it, there is a method to my madness, but its probably just me being bat shit crazy.... go figure.

Edit 2: Picture Time

Just to make it easier for people to understand what I mean by Move a single Vertex...

Here are 3 images for you.

post-321913-0-26013200-1440355040_thumb.jpg

This shot is one of the vertex points on the ankle of the UUNP base body (where you get the x,y,z data)

post-321913-0-70210100-1440355091_thumb.jpg

This shot is the vertex point I need moved on the foot to match up with the UUNP Base body (where the x,y,z data goes).

post-321913-0-85000100-1440355154_thumb.jpg

This shot is that one point (out of about 30 or so on that ankle) moved to the proper location.... Now rinse and repeat for the other vertex points on that ankle, then do the other ankle/foot.... no problem.

Copy Paste Copy Paste Copy Paste... Don't eat the Paste no matter how good it smells, and don't sniff it either cause that kills brain cells (I should know I think I'm still mourning the loss of some from 7th grade...which was back in the 80's, fukimold).

For the Anal that just have to make sure there is no Seam like a good Seam...

post-321913-0-67448100-1440358138_thumb.jpg

Next up is to use that as the base shape, load the object file created from the high angle (oh and mask off the ankle seams so they don't move) then apply shape and hope everything works out....

post-321913-0-65705800-1440359275_thumb.jpg

Almost done... Just need to made a bsd file and project for OS.... and pack it all up and stick it in the UUNP download section (and talk Cell into adding it to bodyslide)... then it will become just another tool in the OS/BS folder.

O.O wow

And here's me, never even considering zooming in that far.

I have a while to go, haha!

As far as the original meshes go, I wish I knew what the original collections were called, though.  I get a login prompt for 3DMgame when I tried to visit the pages of the CBBE-originals, but had huge issues trying to make an account via google translate.

Archived