:( and now my pc & NPC's are stuck!!

sophiextime

help!!!! what the hell is going on with my skyrim!??

i just loaded my game and everyone is stuck in a silly arms out to sides pose!

i can move but i glide in that frozen pose and everyone ( NPC's) speak and interact but dont move and are also stuck in that pose. we all look like frozen mannequins!

can soemone help please!!!!

cries........ :(

CALM DOWN! i noticed you made many topics. please call a moderator to shut them down and try to gain attention on one only as much as you can. is easier to track and will save time of many people!

now what you described is a t-pose, very basic and commonly reported problem that can be solved fast. try what slorm suggested. if not then maybe a issue with the skeleton.

just remember to take a breather. skyrim modding is not that easy. 

i am sorry but i seem to have nothing but endless problems :( i manage to fix one thing and BAM! another stupid bug occurs . i just cant seem to get a break and play the game!

i have modded loads in the past, mostly on NMM and i did get CTD's randomly but now with MO i seem to be swamped with weird bug and errors.

Yes i clearly have messed up. its not MO its me. i take 100% responsibility but i listen to the advise, apply it..and a issue gets fixed. then instantly soemthing else screws up so i do what everyone say, post in support and get help.

i start a new question topic because thats exactly why. to ask for help with a certain problem and to title it so people can see the topic name and say, ah i know whats wrong and help. Surely if i use the one and only topic question for other problems no-one is gonna know i even posted?!

i am sorry i am upset but i have spent endless hours desperately trying to just get my game to play and all i seem to be doing is fixing it. :(

Between this and other topics I can offer some advice.

1) Reinstall Skyrim to a clean state.

2) Kill your MO installation then reinstall it clean for a whole new start (and ONLY add mods through MO from this point forward).

3) Watch these videos (and the rest their series).

4) Take what you've learned and start putting your mods back into the game.

You can preserve your game saves, too. They'll be either in documents/my games/Skyrim or in Mod Organizer/profiles/saves. You may be able to save the mod archives you've got as well so you don't have to download them all again.

You'll need to do it this way. You've broken the game for real. Broken. There's no quick, easy way out at this point. But do this and learn what you need from the videos and you'll have a good running game that will NEVER need to be reinstalled again.

Guest endgameaddiction

Why reinstall Skyrim if you are using MO?

The purpose of MO is to keep Skyrim game folder clean never having to touch it. That defeats the purpose of using MO if you have to uninstall Skyrim. Unless sophie manually installed mods as well.

I would just uninstall every mod from Mod Organizer and reinstall them. If you are not too familiar with MO I would also suggest following the video gvman provided. Gopher covers a lot of videos about Mod Organizer with all it's features. And it's crucial you know how it works so you can organize your mods to know what is being overwritten and what you want to be overwritten and what you don't overwritten. When you get MO down, you'll never have to uninstall Skyrim ever.

Thankyou Crusty.

i will start afresh.

But i am thinking of maybe not using MO.

I know its not Mo that's at fault. its me. its too technical for me and i dont trust myself, even with good advise to not screw it up.

i know everyone doesnt like NMM and will tell me its stupid to go back to that but i really dont think i can be successful with MO. i honestly have tried but i think its over my head. so yes, i am going to delete MO and all of my MODS and unistall skyrim and delete all saves. 

I think a completely fresh start with nothing that could possibly exist thats bugged. 

Then i will install skyrim via steam, install SKSE and tes5edit nd LOOT and also Nexus Mod Manager and find all the mods i love and use that. i know i am more likely to get some CTD's and random game freezes but at least with my small brain i can play it and spend more time in the game than out of it..lol.

2) Kill your MO installation then reinstall it clean for a whole new start (and ONLY add mods through MO from this point forward).

You can preserve your game saves, too. They'll be either in documents/my games/Skyrim or in Mod Organizer/profiles/saves. You may be able to save the mod archives you've got as well so you don't have to download them all again.

You'll need to do it this way. You've broken the game for real. Broken. There's no quick, easy way out at this point. But do this and learn what you need from the videos and you'll have a good running game that will NEVER need to be reinstalled again.

I've been offering her some support in PM's. 

There's no need to nuke her Skyrim and MO files. There's just no need. 

I'm thinking that just some crucial steps have been neglected to be ran. Specifically phase 9 of my guide. 

Ana you have been incredibly patient with me and there is no fault with you or your guide. 

its me. i just am not good at technical stuff and no matter how simple someone tries to make it look install and using MO, they naturally will have jargon and technical stuff that i really dont trust i understand. half the time i am reading things and saying 'eh?? what does that mean...do what with what? and what do those abbreviations mean?....and where is that?!..is this it?,,,oh no whoops thats not it...damn!"

I really havent got a clue so thankyou so so much.

i will however use the MODS you suggested like the weather mods and all of them as i was impressed with how my game looked, even for the 5 minutes it ran before crashing bugging all over the place..lmao!!

Ana you have been incredibly patient with me and there is no fault with you or your guide. 

its me. i just am not good at technical stuff and no matter how simple someone tries to make it look install and using MO, they naturally will have jargon and technical stuff that i really dont trust i understand. half the time i am reading things and saying 'eh?? what does that mean...do what with what? and what do those abbreviations mean?....and where is that?!..is this it?,,,oh no whoops thats not it...damn!"

I really havent got a clue so thankyou so so much.

i will however use the MODS you suggested like the weather mods and all of them as i was impressed with how my game looked, even for the 5 minutes it ran before crashing bugging all over the place..lmao!!

The only problem with using my mod setup via NMM is that there are going to be places (Specifically phase 6) where NOT overwriting specific files is CRUCIAL to how your characters look. 

Unless you're familiar with how mods are structured, and know what names of files to look for... the phase 6 portion could end up being MUCH more complicated than it needs to be. (Phase 6 is why I switched to MO in the first place).

I just ... don't understand why you would swap. You have MOST of the work done. All you have to do now is work the kinks out. 

I warned you in our PM's that there would be some kinks to work out, there always are. 

yes but i dont know where to start or understand what MO is doing or what my game is doing. 

a moment ago i ran my game and loaded a save. 

It began to full list and install all my MCM again!! from scratch... all sexlab settings back to default and then told me my FNIS is not installed correctly and to go back, reisntall FNIS and run generator, yet i did that prior to starting the game.

half an hour ago my save worked finme with no FNIS issue and i havent added any mods or messed about with MO at all. yet my skyrim is constantly adjusting with new problems everytime i play it.

So now i have no FNIS working, so they just stand there looking stupid while making sex sounds. so i ran FNIS again vis MO. reloaded my save game and still nothing, just everytime i start a load it reinstallas ever MCM as if it was a new game.

where on earth do i start to even try to repair? and  dont even know what i should delet or remove to try again with MO. 

Hence the feeling to just remove absolutely everything and use NMM :(

Delete the FNIS mod that you previously made (the one you made from the files in the overwrite mod after running FNIS for the first time. NOT FNIS itself. You still need FNIS).

After that, run FNIS again. Right click on overwrite mod, and create a new file named "Generated FNIS"

This should solve your problem.

It works!!!!! :shy:  my MO and skyrim works and i actually played some skyrim!! omg it didnt crash or glitch or fail me. i talked to soemone n the game and slept in an inn and saved it and reloaded that save and it all worked! no sticking or weird poses or FNIS issues!!

i am terrified to touch MO now its working!!! :s

omg i am so happy its silly!!  :P

i am soooooo sorry for being an immature tantrum throwing cow and i will try not to panic and smother LL with lots of topics. 

:blush:

I've been offering her some support in PM's. 

There's no need to nuke her Skyrim and MO files. There's just no need. 

I'm thinking that just some crucial steps have been neglected to be ran. Specifically phase 9 of my guide.

She posted screens of her MO and she has a dirty Skyrim/data folder right now. That's why I suggested just re-Steaming it to get it cleaned up. And her mods installed inside of mods in MO? I don't even know where to start on those! :lol: Nuking would be quicker I think, but maybe not.

Yes i shall do that. Ana has been incredibly helpful and patient in private messages and so has everyone else in the topics i endlessly post.. :blush:

so so so Sorry for being a pest.

I have been watching as much of Gophers Youtube links as well as following Ana's phase guide, all be it i may have skipped bits out of sheer confusion on my part and which ultmately killed my MO. but thats my fault i think.

I shall watch a lot more links and vids and hope with fingers and ankles crossed i will learn. Immersive open world games like Skyrim mean SO much to me. as much as i adore modding for me the biggest joy is being in the game.

Lord knows i am gonna need help with FO4!!!!!  :D

Archived