Grabbing certain items from an ESP to another

Hey guys. I have a quick question. Is it possible to take ONLY specific items, in my case the clothing and armors, from one ESP to place them in another. I ask tis because I made a mistake with the ESP (for the 2nd time) that I am building for a new mod and it's killing the Vipcxjs high heels for all other mods and I can't release that. Also, I want to know so I don't have to go making and linking everythig up again.

Please let me know if this does make sense

Thanks.

Objection: the CS\E can do it in under a minute, including load times.

When opening the interface to select which plugin to load, click on the plugin you want to purge but don't load it yet.

Open the details menu, select everything that isn't a clothing or armor type and hit del.

Now, let the CS\E load the plugin, and save it.

You now have a 100% clean plugin containing only the clothing\armor records.

I generally never install clothing/armor mods anymore I just made myself a .esp added a chest to a house mine was the abandoned house set the chest to mine named it and then whenever I want to install some armors/outfits all I need to do is grab the mesh and texture folders and drop them into my game folder then load the CS activate the .esp click the container line and scroll and find my chest double click it to open it then click the armor line then right click the armor list on the right and select add new and add the mesh selecting the correct body slots once it's added to the armor list click and drag it onto your open chest screen to add it to the chest once you have everything added save to overwrite your .esp now you have more armor/outfits added to your game without adding new .esp/.esms to your load order.

To be honest, myuhinny, it is infinitely easier to strip down an esp to contain only the armor\clothing mods, load it alongside your main clothes mod and just give each item a new ID, not overwriting the old ones. If you ended up altering any of the original items by mistake, just delete the dependency and it'll sort itself out.

In this way, you will:

-Never forget items. Assuming you go down the list and only add a prefix, the possibility you skip an item is negligible.

-Maintain the original item's stats, if important (for example, if you play with vanilla stats, and the mod adheres to those).

-Have the armor paths, GND paths and icons already set up for you, saving time.

-Have the name set up for you, saving time.

This doesn't work quite as well for items with vanilla enchantments in place (if you don't want those), but esps that contain those are relatively few and you'll be able to tell within seconds, deleting the mod's esp and reverting to your suggested method.

Archived