[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools - UPDATE(11/21/18): Kinky Overalls

My ever diligent tester IshidaCorp has found some problems with the new version of transformer in that the normal handling is still not perfect, but I have a way of fixing it in my existing tool.

post-781013-0-93235900-1455032092_thumb.png

I have a way to deal with this kind of issues with my other tool that can recompute normal vectors and smooth seams (a new version of OBJ converter)

Although I don't recommend the use of high polygon models as they slow the game down with very few benefits that can only be seen upclose.  Cosume fitting with high polygon models is also hard to achieve seamlessness due to the vast difference in the number of vertices between high Po and official models.

I can rework some of the logic.   I hope you guys like the new version so far.   I appreciate you guys trying it out and any feedback/bug report/ anything you want to share are most welcome.

This is turning into such a fun pet project and has awakened my inner nerd to fulfill my need to know, lol.

Added Honoka to the list.  it's actually pretty simple since my tool reads a list of TMC in the referneces folder, so all I had to do was drop the Honoka reference in there.  No version update this time, but if you download the new pack, you should see Honoka in the list now.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-020816-character-transformer-tool-v009/?p=1460252

However, it is not going to be even remotely close to the kind of quality SaafRats has been blessing us with.

Since Harry announced the retirement of his Skeleton Patcher tool (I've always thought his tool worked wonderfully and have been happy with it), I have begun the process of integrating the bone and collision transfer into my Character Transformer Tool.  A new build is under testing right now and should be released soonish should everything check out.

Now with this new version, after hitting the transform button, all you need to do is change the skin mtr col and texture and it will just work, which shaves about a few seconds of time :P

Some shots of automated collision and bone transfer on Super Agent Marie

post-781013-0-90427900-1455079441_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-37112600-1455079446_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-51393200-1455079450_thumb.jpg

Ran into a bit of an issue with the new version - it is going to be delayed for a bit.

Change log:

Enhancements

- Drag and drop file support

- Smoother surface after transformation

- Automatic bone/collision transfer

Issues

- Some issue with bone transfer for some costumes

tests

post-781013-0-80332600-1455090158_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-61674800-1455090160_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-72863900-1455090162_thumb.jpg

Uploaded version 0.1.2 of my transformer http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-020916-character-transformer-tool-v009-now-with-honoka/?p=1460252

Tutorial also updated to cover the new controls http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-020916-character-transformer-tool-v009-now-with-honoka/?p=1460331

As I write this, I am already working on a new way to approximate surface smoothness and have a POC build running.  This has become a fun research project for me to play with various ways to transform meshes.  I hope you guys enjoy the tool as much as I have enjoyed creating it.

However, as I have stated before, this is never going to replace a modder's manual labor when it comes to this kind of costume transfers, but I hope with more accessibility, more people will be encouraged to go hands-on with DOA5 modding.

After going back to the drawing board, I think I have come up with a good compromise between the two methods that I was having a very hard time picking from in regards to mesh smoothing.

I've updated the tool to V0.1.3 with the following changes

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-020916-character-transformer-tool-v009-now-with-honoka/?p=1460252

Change Log

V0.1.3

Enhancements

- The tool no longer creates a TMCL file if one already exists - this saves a bit of time if texture has already been swapped

- Modified the transformation algorithm to achieve better results in most cases

- Hi Polygon models should now be (kind of) supported

Resolved

- Strange finger sticking out has been fixed with the built-in bone and collision transfer feature

A few shots to show the differences

post-781013-0-17495200-1455173052_thumb.pngpost-781013-0-19532200-1455173057_thumb.pngpost-781013-0-17286100-1455173060_thumb.pngpost-781013-0-08572500-1455173062_thumb.png

It still processes the transformation relatively fast, and with this new version, it appears that the smoothness value can be higher than before and the result still looks very good.

More test shots

post-781013-0-03699000-1455173460_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-93795300-1455173461_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-09309500-1455173464_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-55580900-1455173466_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-31691200-1455173468_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-50986400-1455173470_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-31609200-1455173472_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-93921200-1455173473_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-97127000-1455173475_thumb.jpg

No more mysteriously long finger :bush: which can be useful in certain situations

post-781013-0-76307200-1455173477_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-76891600-1455173479_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-92099000-1455173481_thumb.jpg

Please let me know if there are any issues. Any feedback is welcome as well. I'd love to hear what people think about this v0.1.3. I think updates will come at a slower pace now seeing as how it's taken me a lot of hours if it works fine in most cases, and everything people need to perform the transformation is already included (minus the texture tool, i can make the tool call it as well if people want , lol)

thank you timmyc for the great transformer tool!  seemed to work great for helena to kasumi but i ran into some issues with tina to honoka for the apron costume.  i tried with and without skeleton patcher, but still have issue under the breast area and with ankle.

Thanks for the report.  Anyone to Honoka is tricky business since their official mesh shapes are so different. I will see if I can come up with something better to deal with this situation.

You are doing great work timmy, absolutely amazing.

I'd been playing around with the 'other' tool for a while without realizing this was going on here, piecing together what to do based mainly on trial and error. Much better to see instructions and updates in English, LOL.

I'm glad you enjoy this.     I think we have a thriving DOA5 community here with lots of talent as well and this place is not to be missed if you are a fan :) and most of us can communicate in English, lol.

As a matter of fact, this whole project started because of my curiosity, lol, I was retired for a very long time from DOA5 modding, but my inner geek could not resist a challenge.   Although I have no need for such a tool since I could do the transformation by hand (albeit much slower, but with  more care and personal touch).     I started figuring out ways to do mesh transformation on a massive scale a few days ago with performance in mind (since I am a geek not an artist :P )   

The amount of work this tool performs is insane - models each having roughly 7k vertices and the TMC model for transformation can have anywhere from 7k to 30k.  Since each vertex needs to know what is around it, it can quickly go into exponential growth in terms of complexity, which is why I made sure that the program actually performs well and have decent transformation quality, so people can try different settings and see what they like efficiently.

I like this type of research though so I will be looking for ways to make the transformation even smoother (performance and quality wise).  It's taken so much time, however, I doubt I can keep up the pace after a stable release, lol.

Hi, tymmic this is great tool. Tell please, how use honoka original body (like SaaFrats), not natural body?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, so far no machine can replace the MoP's masterworks.   I will work with Saaf to see if we can increase the quality of the base mesh.

great work as usual Timmy,

I have a thought of some suggestions for convenience ,

you can add the prompt to create a TMCL for the created new mod upon editing,

also an optional name and directory setting  (like that of a rar extraction procedure) would be nice.

finally, the reference folder is gone and I can no longer use a simply edited honoka tmc template I used for the earlier versions (namely at 0.9)

so how can I add a custom tmc skeleton i have? 

minor suggestions but still you rock anyways!!

also an optional name and directory setting  (like that of a rar extraction procedure) would be nice.

finally, the reference folder is gone and I can no longer use a simply edited honoka tmc template I used for the earlier versions (namely at 0.9)

Oh wow I have no idea you already discovered that you could add new references (which was a security back door lol).  I can see if I can add the functionality back.

As for prompts, I personally hate popup boxes when I am modding since they don't go away until you actually go click on it.   but I can make the tool spit things out into the directory of your choosing.

I found some issues with the transformation process for characters with drastically different shapes (namely anyone to Honoka and less severe case is anyone to Marie) and I will be looking into that.

thank you timmyc for the great transformer tool!  seemed to work great for helena to kasumi but i ran into some issues with tina to honoka for the apron costume.  i tried with and without skeleton patcher, but still have issue under the breast area and with ankle.

I am uploading a new version now after finding some issues in the algorithm.  Can you please give that one a shot and see if it still has issues with these types of transformation? It was a pretty bad bug that has existed since 0.0.9 (I changed the logic to remove 0.1.3 but introduced potentially new error).

V.0.1.4 should have good results now.

Change log

V0.1.4 beta

Enhancements

- Modified yet again the transformation logic in hopes to remove the weird bulge that results from transformation between drasitcally different shapes such as anyone to Honoka and Marie

Oh wow I have no idea you already discovered that you could add new references (which was a security back door lol).  I can see if I can add the functionality back.

As for prompts, I personally hate popup boxes when I am modding since they don't go away until you actually go click on it.   but I can make the tool spit things out into the directory of your choosing.

I found some issues with the transformation process for characters with drastically different shapes (namely anyone to Honoka and less severe case is anyone to Marie) and I will be looking into that.

its just a simple skeleton tmc edit to my own tastes for honoka (cause I like them even bigger),

but it could indeed result in using a custom tmc as long as it has the same vertex count (named it HonokaX)

just so you know I have no qualms as is,

Just keep rocking man, keep rockin

its just a simple skeleton tmc edit to my own tastes for honoka (cause I like them even bigger),

but it could indeed result in using a custom tmc as long as it has the same vertex count (named it HonokaX)

I have a plan to support user defined references after I sort out any remaining issues with 0.1.4.  So far, it seems, so good.

I  can have users drop their ref files into a folder inside the tool called "UserDefined" and they will appear on the list as "UserDefined\<name>".  I think this is a good solution between both worlds.  This way I can prevent accidental deletion of reference files or some other tempering(such as accidentally transforming them, which happened to me once, lol) while allow freedom to the power users.

post-781013-0-94236800-1455210413_thumb.png

Quick test with HiPo conversion: 27,972 vertices done in 14.5 seconds.

Total work is 27,972 * 6,300 * 15 samples per vertex for SF15 smoothness.

I have a plan to support user defined references after I sort out any remaining issues with 0.1.4.  So far, it seems, so good.

I  can have users drop their ref files into a folder inside the tool called "UserDefined" and they will appear on the list as "UserDefined\<name>".  I think this is a good solution between both worlds.  This way I can prevent accidental deletion of reference files or some other tempering(such as accidentally transforming them, which happened to me once, lol) while allow freedom to the power users.

attachicon.giftimmy_transformer_v0_1_4_test01.png

Quick test with HiPo conversion: 27,972 vertices done in 14.5 seconds.

Total work is 27,972 * 6,300 * 15 samples per vertex for SF15 smoothness.

Fair enough Timmy,

keep it up.

DigitalCookie has discovered an issue with rotated objects that can look displaced after transformation. Good thing is that most people are going to be using this on modded costumes which, more often than not, already have the rotation reset (I think it covers most use cases, everyone likes some nakedness, lol).     I can look into fixing it, but in the mean time, such errors can be corrected by resetting the object rotation with Harry's tool and manually edit those displaced objects in an editor. 

You can use my OBJ<-> TMC conversion tool to do these types of simple edits (usually involves just moving the whole object closer to the body where it should be attached.)

Such object rotation after transformation It is usually a problem with official unmodded costumes. Especially on accessories.

Thank you for the quick fix timmyc!  The shape of the torso and ankles are fixed.  However I do notice a bit of color mismatch between head and neck even after using the skin patcher.

Thanks for the report.  The neck seam issue is tricky if the neck appears connected, it should be set correctly.

I need to look into it case by case.  Some of it could be caused by texture mismatch.